To all the GREASE users!!!

Honey6928215

I can't do without my grease.:lol: I use Nature's Blessings and if I run out I use Bronner Brothers B&B Super Gro to fall back on until I get some more.

lil'paw

Good post! :)
I haven't used grease for years but I'm going to start again. When I used grease back in the day my hair was thicker, healthier and more moist.
All I used was water and grease...Dax, Blue Magic, Dixie Pomade etc. It's back to the old school for me. :D

luv04

Sofias old fashion hairgrease from myhoneychild is wonderful it has a great scent works good for me..no harmful ingredients either..soo that is always a plus

imstush

After that new poster (sorry I forget your name) posted that she quizzed her mom on what she did to her hair as a child, it made me think about how my mom kept it simple for me. No heat, wash braid and then grease my scalp. So I've decided to go back to that. So I started using Dr. Miracle's twice a day. I am going to finish up my MTG (only applying it after I wash my hair) and that will be it for me - back to the old school grease, Dax and Sulphur.

HoneyDew

jtsupanova said:
My hair loves grease but I always stop using it because of the pertoleum/mineral oil
Im going to start using it again!
Do you all moisturize daily when using grease????

I have to because personally I don't like to use grease all over, just in my extra kinky nape area. It helps me tame my NG. I would love to use my Nature's Blessings all over, but it make my hair too greasy sometimes.

When I used to put it all over my scalp and on my ends and hair, I would not moisturize everyday because the Nature's Blessings pretty much locked in moisture well. I don't have problems with dryness, though. If I did, I would use less grease and concentrate on moisturizing.

LovelyLionessa

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
I use grease on my scalp and ends sometimes.
Softee, and Dax Supergro Grease are some of my favorites. :)

Softee coconut oil is nice, I use that for protection when relaxing. I have seen the Dax Supergro at Wal-Mart and liked the ingriedients but was put off from purchasing it for so long because of the taboo of petroleum. I think I might have to add that to my pj list tho.

I also want to get Proline Coconut oil grease. I know it must smell yummy because of the coconut plus I'm impressed that it contains hydrolyzed collagen too.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I use grease!! I really like Nature's Blessing for my scalp. It has mineral jelly in it which has been rumored to be mineral oil, but it's way at the bottom of the ingredient list. I don't use it daily, though. I haven't noticed clarifying/washing more because of using it.

I love grease on my hair ( I use Asha's sunkissed pomade and Sophia's hair grease) because it satisfies that urge that I get to have shiny,soft hair. Sometimes if I only use an oil on my hair, it still feels/looks dry and dingy.

I heart grease!

anyone know what these smell like?? i'm looking for some grease without mineral oil or petroletum, and i would love some that smells like coconut :p

saqqara

naturallylovely said:
anyone know what these smell like?? i'm looking for some grease without mineral oil or petroletum, and i would love some that smells like coconut :p

A lot of natural companies offer grease that doesnt contain mineral oil or petroleum. Oyin, Qhemet, Myhoneychild, Asha, Carols Daughter - all have natural hair greases.

zillaxy

i knew i had to get back to grease when i kept putting my moisturiser on my scalp!! i'm so used to it... so difficult to break a life habit.

i'm starting on sulphur 8 as a few weeks back there was a thread glorifying it plus it does contain sulphur... so i'm seeing it as solid MTG. God, i hope it works. i also use Virgin hair fertiliser whenever i see it. although i try not to buy it.... it did make my front hair grow beautifully.

thats my greasy story.

oduwu

I use Johnson's Ultra Sheen Hair Food. I normally use it once I week, but I've been using it twice a week since it's been so cold. I generally use it right after I take my rollers out from a rollerset. I'll just use it on the parts that are already in my head from the rollerset. It helps with my dry scalp. I rarely use it on my ends though.

MissB

I use Keracare High Sheen Glossifier or Design Essentials Herbal Complex 4. Sometimes I use Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease.

jshor09

i use sulfur 8 on my scalp. i have been also experimenting with dax and blue magic. i am going back to what made my hair grow as a child. leaving it alone and sulfur 8.

SVT

I recently started using grease again. My flatironed hair doesn't poof as quickly or voluminous as before. I'm much happier!

teysmith

I'm glad I saw this tread! I was gonna ask the same question yesterday. I wanted to know because I like it but stopped using it after I found out here that mineral oil was not good for the hair. Then I started thinking how bad could it really be...back in the day parents used it on their children's hair all the time and a lot of them had long beautiful hair. I'm gonna give it a try again..:)

JessCNU

Hollywood Beauty castor oil grease and Sulfur 8 user over here!! I love it. I use it on my nape and edges

jamaraa

I like some good old fashioned "grease" sometimes. I have tons of it, some I've had for years (it doesn't turn on ya) that my great grandma and other family members gave me.

I like Frenchee (pine tar) and Sulphur 8 at times for my scalp (Glover's also has nice sulphur based scalp stuff), usually winter itchy months. For ends I'll bust out anything in my arsenal depending on what I think I need. LOL...Dixie Peach is my absolute fav for this. Allways has some nice stuff (smells good) and Kalawentz it tip top product. Kalawentz is a Cincinnati based brand and this one can convert even the most anti traditional grease types :yep:

I was never overly fond of TCB stuff, but every so often I play around w/ what I have around. Blue Magic, I've never used this one on my hair, but another head. Smells lovely and I thought it was a great grease for the price. The Bergamont is to die for smellwise!

Last edited:

brucebettye

I use Blue Magic Coconut oil to seal in my moisture. I apply either s-curl or a conditioner on my hair and then seal my hear hair with the blue magic. It has really stopped my breakage and keeps my hair from getting dry durning the winter. I do this about every three days and it has work wonders for my hair lately.

BillsBackerz67

I use grease the 2nd or 3rd week of my presses. I think I use proclaim bergamont grease. Druing that 2nd or 3rd week i use it about 2x a week. I find that it makes my persses last longer, reduces frizz and adds tons of shine. I do not grease my scalp just my hair

SelfStyled

I just made a "grease" by melting/mixing some coconut oil and emu oil together. When it solidified it was the consistency of grease. There is something so therapeutic to me about oiling my scalp.Prior to making this concoction I would occasionally use the Hollywood Beauty Castor oil on occasion.

Taina

I just boight one at Walmart like 10 mins ago. I don't remember the brand yet, but i love the smell.
I stopped using grease when i become natural 3 months ago, but i will give it a try again. I love the smell tho, i will be using it to seal my hair. :yawn: