To make my hair grow faster,longer ard stronger in 6mths

CHECKMATE!

I want my hair to grow faster...please give me your suggestions, routines, recipes,...etc...share your knowledge please:look:

winterinatl

All natural!
Me too.

You got a lot of reading ahead of you....I suggest checking the sticky thread that has all the primers in it? It will be at the first page of the forum ...

wheezy807

Or you could opt for a six month relaxer stretch.....pretty sure you'll see alot of growth obtained.:D

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
A lot of ladies here use Boundless Tresses (commonly referred to as Oderless MTG) and Lenzi's Request. I've been deep conditioning weekly. I moisturize twice a day, wash twice a week, baggy daily and drink lots of water. I've been doing this for about a month, and my hair has gotten thicker and my hair has grown about half an inch. Try doing a search, there's just too much info to list :)

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I obtain the most growth cowashing,deep conditioning,moisturizing twice daily and sealing those ends. Some of the ladies on the board use mane n tail,lenzi request and boundless tresses.

Tee

candie19 said:
This works for me:
-extending relaxers
-deep conditioning
-protective styles

All of this and of course, like suggested, check out the sticky.

metalkitty

I'd like to add that since you're probably going to be doing alot of experimenting/ fine tuning, you might want to start journaling to keep track of what techniques/ products work or not and where you seem to go wrong. That really helped me make a outline of a regimen.

seraphinelle

CAPlush said:
frequent washing, either washing with shampoo, conditioner washes, or rinsing.

I swear by this!!
And I definitely see how protective styling helps. Lawd hab mercee!!!

With some MSM and MN,

Things are moving!!

Royal Glory

metalkitty said:
I'd like to add that since you're probably going to be doing alot of experimenting/ fine tuning, you might want to start journaling to keep track of what techniques/ products work or not and where you seem to go wrong. That really helped me make a outline of a regimen.

Along with the frequent washing and deep conditioning, I agree with the journaling MetalKitty suggested. It helps you to also remember when you last relaxed or did special treatments such as protein.

LizLeila

I stretch my relaxers (the Crown and Glory method has been good to me), take vitamins, drink lots of water, exercise, keep a decent diet, and deep condition (I alternate between protein and moisture). When I am in braids I use Surge14 and WGO, which have both worked great for me.

gymfreak336

Make sure you deep condition, moisturize and protect your hair when you sleep. You can also try to clip it up in a bun to help protect your ends. Eat healthy and exercise. Also limit heat usage and when you do use it, use a heat protectant spray or serum.

Naphy

texasgrl is right : Eat a lot of protein food !!! It has increased a lot my rate of growth !
I would suggest to co-wash more, to take supplement, and to have a protective style (why not follow the crown and glory method, it is very effective for me ^^)

CurleeDST

Refrain from over manipulation
Be patient
Just let your hair be
Do not over use products
There is no magic potion
Growth rate is largely decided by genetics, body health and wellness habits

Many manufacturers tote a magic potion but there really isn't one unless you want to go around smelling like bacon with MTG designed for use on horses.

patiencevirtue said:
I want my hair to grow faster...please give me your suggestions, routines, recipes,...etc...share your knowledge please:look:

Moistuirze with heat every week
Treat with Protein with heat every 6-8 weeks
Relax every 8 weeks
Moisturize 2x a day
Throw Away your blowdryer, curling irons, and flat iron
Begin hair journey with a good trim then only dust from that point forward
Wear protective styles at least 50% of the time until hair is past shoulder
Dont sleep on cotton / invest in a satin cap or pillowcase
Dont comb/brush hair everyday
Dont highlight if you have a relaxer - No Double Processing

Bests!

amwcah

Some ladies here mentioned co-washing. How does co-washing help? Or is it just the washing period, but deleting the harshness of shampoo?

Angelicus

exercise
no simple carbs (no fast food :barf: )
Weekly Deep conditioning and no direct heat
stretch the relaxer or don't get one at all.

Don't forget, your inside is more important.

CHECKMATE!

amwcah said:
Some ladies here mentioned co-washing. How does co-washing help? Or is it just the washing period, but deleting the harshness of shampoo?

Co washing is washing with conditioner ONLY! I loved it! I've been doing it since March....my hair stays soft while washing,never hard and tangled like the shanpoos use to make it.

Lady Esquire

everyone has given you all of the necessary tips. read, read, read. once you do that, you start to understand why you need to protect the ends, balance moisture and protein, moisturize and seal with oil on daily basis, limit combing, etc...

read on mama. start off with the sticky threads in this board. go to motowngirl.com,
growafrohairlong.com, and pick a book or two such as the one written by Cathy Howse and the other by Carolyn Gray.

CHECKMATE!

anky said:
exercise
no simple carbs (no fast food :barf: )
Weekly Deep conditioning and no direct heat
stretch the relaxer or don't get one at all.

Don't forget, your inside is more important.

Wow...anky,my inspiration answered...I'm truly psyched:)....Ijust did my 1st 12wk stretch and it help with thickness and growth a whole lot....what is a good DC that u would recommend?

LocksOfLuV

candie19 said:
This works for me:
-extending relaxers
-deep conditioning
-protective styles

DITTTTTOOOO to the 80th power! I also want to add no combing and no heat.

I am doing a 6 month no heat stretch, while protective stylign and baggying and I am so anticipating my results!:D

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
PatienceVirtue: your name says it all. It's going to take patience. Try not to be discouraged if you don't see growth right away. Come here and allow us to support you in your efforts. Your hair already looks quite healthy, so you have no problem in that department. I think someone stated it best--it's most important what goes in your body. Step up the water intake. Try MSM, Biotin and lots of protein and healthy foods. Exercise is great. I like to walk a lot while listening to music. Based on the beat of the song, I walk fast or slow accordingly and that's fun and let's the time go by without getting bored.

Good luck to you, Chica. Hang in there. Keep the faith. Be patient. And happy hair growing! :kiss:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Oh, and one more thing: Don't forget to reward yourself when you accomplish something, whether at work, home, personal goals, etc. Take yourself out to a nice dinner or buy an outfit. Make a contribution to your favorite charity or volunteer. That helps me when I'm feeling discouraged.

For my hair, I will do a lot of protective styles and bunnying. No heat this summer. I'll work on protecting the ends as much as possible. Increasing water intake and concentrating on a better diet and sticking with my workouts, running, walking, perhaps some yoga. Once or twice a month I'll reward myself by wearing my hair out, getting my nails done or buying myself a nice outfit or some shoes.

Don't forget to treat yourself right.

GOD luck!

amwcah

Patiencevirtue~Thanks for your reply. I'm familiar with co-washing, but I was wondering exactly how it contributes to hair growth.

patiencevirtue said:
Co washing is washing with conditioner ONLY! I loved it! I've been doing it since March....my hair stays soft while washing,never hard and tangled like the shanpoos use to make it.

br0wney3z

amwcah said:
Patiencevirtue~Thanks for your reply. I'm familiar with co-washing, but I was wondering exactly how it contributes to hair growth.

I don't think co-washes help the hair grow, but they help keep your hair moisturized since you aren't using potentially harsh shampoos. And obviously keeping the hair moisturized reduces breakage and helps you retain length.