Topical Growth Aid Users (MTGers, BTers, etc.-ers) I'm calling you out!

Are you taking supplements with your topical growth aid?

• Yes (please list supplement(s) and/or topical aid(s)

Votes: 117 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.6%

• Total voters
which ones are you taking?
Biotin 1500mg (1x a day)
Nioxin (1x or 2x a day)
GNC Ultra Nourish Hair (1x or 2x a day)
Liquid Multi-vitamin (1x a day)
(used to take GNC Horsetail 1x a day)

which topical treatment are you using?

MN: at least 4x a week
:::used to use:::
surge plus 14
MTG replica

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking?
I can't really say that I'm certain because I do take all those vitamins, but....last summer, when I started experimenting with growth aids, I wasn't taking all those vitamins and I did see a lot of growth, from all three...surge, mn, and mtg. I just like using MN now because surge makes my scalp dry and flakey and my MTG replica made my scalp look yellow and wasn't moisturizing enough. But I do believe that growth aids do help....what really matters is keeping the growth you get from them. :)

Last edited:
i created a solution that knocked the smell right out, while adding special essentials of their own.

Using a 8 oz applicator bottle (can be found at hair stores):

.50 oz rosemary essential oil
.50 oz lavendar essential oil (this overpowered the smell the most)
.20 oz ylang ylang oil
.20 oz peppermint oil
(shake it up) then add:
.50 oz Jojoba Oil (u can add ur own carrier ie. grapeseed, olive,etc)
filled the rest of the bottle wit MTG...... (the bacon smell is GONE... all i smell is the essential oils.)

from the responses ppl give about the odor.... i think ill take an essential oil smelling head any day!

hope this helps anyone:D

are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?

I am taking supplements but not just for hair growth, but just for healthy body and hair. For growth, I drink a shake I created.

Vitamins staples (I always take these no matter what): Rainbow Light Complete Nutritional System, MSM 1000, Biotin 5000, and EFA 3-6-9

When I don't drink the shake I take: Inositol 1300mg, PABA 500mg, Choline 1300mg, Vitamin E 400iu, and Zinc Foods 897mg.

I have never really used a topical growth treatment. However, since joining LHCF I have since became curious about them. So in a couple of months, I will be trying the entire Eqyss Uquine line that I bought a few weeks ago.

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking?

This question can be answered by my latter statement. I have never used topical growth treatments and my hair has grown alot. So, I know for a fact that this is contributed to my supplements and drink.

I don't take any pills for hair growth .I do use MTG Straight arrow I mix it inside a applicator bottle with some ors and a little evoo and when i get to my 2 strand twists/C&G braid stage of stretching i apply it to my scalp.
i don't use any until than.
i think it helps alot
i also have surge but i don't use it much

I'm just finishing my first bottle of BT and I get excellent growth with it. It also controls my itchy scalp and softened my natural 4b texture to a coily more defined 4a. In the past two weeks I've aded a multi-vitamin, CLA, MSM, and viviscal. The first 3 are more for general health and the last for hair, skin and nails. We'll see if my growth increases any. :lick:

I'm taking Surge and Lenzi's request. I plan to holla at Boundless Tresses soon. I am taking vitamins and took biotin off and on. I could tell that I got growth from the Surge and Lenzi because I had slacked off on taking biotin and multi and my hair was still showing improvement.

I am a MTGer...I take one source hair, skin & nail, one source prenatal multi vit/ multi herb, protein shakes, and iorn. the most important thing is a healthy diet and I'm on top of that!:grin:

I use MTG and surge 14....
I also use Hollywood beauty Egg creme oil, which i simply luv!!! So much so that i purchased 4 more bottles of the stuff.
I'm taking:
  • amino acids
  • l-cysteine
  • spirulina
  • silica
  • alfalfa
  • hair skin nails from riteaid
I think doing this has resulted in stronger NG that laughs in the face of my flat iron. When i first started out i would sometimes clock and inch a month... I have to say that this was when i was using the MN alot
but now i think i am a steady 3/4 of an inch per month....
i think my hair is no longer immune to MN so i better start using it again.
It's crunch time...i only got 3 more months to get to my APL dreams. (2inches away)

I am currently using the following topical growth aids:
  • Boundless Tresses (BT)
  • Gueye Hair Growth Oil, Gueye Braid Spray & Gueye Leave In Cond.
  • (the ingredients on these products aren't bad at all)
  • H2H MSM Oil
  • Inky Loves Nature Nappaliscious Scalp Butter
  • Waiting for Sulu Ordorless MTG oil
Hair Vitamins:
  • Tresasure Locks Hair Growth Vitamins
  • Gueye Hair Growth Vitamins
Vitamin Supplements for Overrall Health
  • Garden of Life Perfect Food
  • Garden of Life Living Multi
  • New Chapter Berry Green
  • Barlean's Flaxseed Oil & Ground Flax Seeds
My hair is healthy and growing. Since I'm using so many aids I can't tell which one is actually contributing to my hair growth.

taking any supplements to promote hair growth? Yes

which ones are you taking? True Essentials Women's Essential Pack

which topical treatment are you using? Boundless Tresses, but because my hair is so short I have not been able to use it consistently. I plan on putting in a set of braids this week, so I will begin faithful use soon.

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking? After begining the TE supplements, I noticed my hair growing at a faster rate and thickening up. The TE supplements come in a sealed pack with enough for one day. The pack contains all 5 types of supplements:
  • EFA Essentials ( Vitamin E, Borage Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil
  • Essential C ( Vitamin C, D, Ca;lcium, Magnesium, Potassium
  • Fiber Essentials ( Acidophilis, Ginger, Fibersol, Fruit and Veggie blend
  • Hair Skin and Nails( Biotin (2.2 mg) L-Cysteine (200 mg), L-Methionine (100 mg) L-Proline (100 mg), MSM (200 mg)
  • Women's Essential Multi-vitamin (contains traditional multi-vitamins i.e. B's, additional Biotin, Selenium, A,C, D, E, K, Fruit and Veggie blend, etc...

I began taking these because of the fiber, not really interested in hair growth, then I made a spur of the momment decision to cut my hair. In my quest for increased growth I started researching hair vitamins. When I compared those to what I was already taking I realized most of the essentials are covered by my current vitamin. While I used to take them every few days or so, the day I cut my hair 2 weeks ago, I stepped up my regimine. My hair has already grown 1/4 - 1/2 inches in two weeks. My stylist noticed right away that my hair was already growing and tried to break out the scissors Wednesday on my last visit. (Of course I put a swift stop to that).

And before you all ask, I am a part of a MLM that offers True Essentials vitamins. This is why I was hesitant to post, but I figured if they could help someone - why not? These vitamins are the truth for not only hair growth and health, but ultimate well-being.

are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?
1. digestive enzymes (by Enzymedica/to assist in vit absorbtion in my body)
2. Biotin (Country Life)7mg (5mg alone + 2000mcg in my multi)
3. MAXI-HAIR multi (Counrty Life)
4. Kelp (Solary)
5. Body Mint; this is chlorophyll
* I take these all at night before I go to bed even if I am supposed to take 2. The enzyme eliminates the sick feeling when taking vits and helps absorbtion. I think taking at night before sleep helps them matabolize in my body better.

1. MN mix of cortizone, MN 4%, MSM, and capsazin equal parts (evrey other day)
2. BT everyday

how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking?
Well, I'm still a newbie but from my knowledge vitamins ensure the hair you are growing is healthy because it aids to the over-all health of your system. If it helps to accelerate the growth it is due to your body doing what is is supposed to do and the vits help it get to that point. The growth aids are going to exfoliate/feed the scalp to help the healthy follicles reach the surface in a more timely manner. So in my opionon as far as GROWTH, they are a one two punch! I think alone, you are fighting with one arm tied behind your back. If you are maintaining what you have I think vits are sufficient. HTH!

why did I just feel so proud of myself for dropping that LHCF knowledge:blush:

for those of you who have reported and documented substantial growth from topical growth aids, are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?

1. No, but I take supplements

2.I take Hair, Skin, Nails Vitamines from the Vitamin Shoppe
Silica
Iron
Evening Primrpse Oil
These supplements do not accelerate hair growth, but they promote healthy, strong hair.

3. I alternate between MTG and Surge

4. The proof is in the fotki! The first few months of the year I was religiously applying my topical growth aid. Around the summer I got lazy with the growth aids but I was still taking my suppements. My hair grew alot more in the beginning of the year than the summer.

Back