Topical Growth Aid Users (MTGers, BTers, etc.-ers) I'm calling you out!

Are you taking supplements with your topical growth aid?

• Yes (please list supplement(s) and/or topical aid(s)

Votes: 117 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.6%

• Total voters

audacity.

for those of you who have reported and documented substantial growth from topical growth aids, are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?

which ones are you taking?

which topical treatment are you using?

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking?

Last edited:
Great Question! Could be a Combination of both! I know I get good growth from my Vitamins, But I wish I could be consistent enough with BT to get noticble results LOL!!!!

I wanna know too!

The vitimans I take (silica, EPO, flaxseed, MSM etc.) are to promote healthy hair. I have never taken a hair vitamin consistently although I did take ultranourish hair for a good 4months (now I stopped)..I always believed the vits were to make the new hair that was growing as healthy as can be and the topical aids were to make that health hair come out faster!

I know there are some that speed growth rate (ie. Viviscal and Nioxin) but I don't take thoes

I'm taking BT with a One a day MultiVitamin, B- Complex, MSM, and Flaxseed Oil. I'm really taking the Multivitamin and Flaxseed for health purposes. B-Complex and MSM for hair growth. I am seeing growth but I recently trimmed my hair and got a relaxer so I will not be able to see growth till a couple of weeks from now.

I take some vits off & on.

Not sure if they have a great effect on my hair growth, though.

I pop MSM, biotin, vit E, B-complex, & Omega-3.

I'm sure they help but bcuz I am inconsistant with them, not sure to what extent they help.

I take a women's active multivit. and ground flax (for general health)and GNC ultranourish hair. The combination seems to be working better than any of my vitamins do alone, but I definitely saw a growth boost after I added BT to the ritual.

I was. I used to take a hair vitamin, biotin, and use MTG... The biotin and hair vitamin woked, But my skin looked a mess afterward. I had acne like never before. I had to stop that. Mtg, made my hair stink and i amnot sure i saw that much growth with it. I dont know that it helped. I wanted to try BT, but i dotn think so. I think what has helped the most is no heat/ stretching relaxers

I'm a BT user, and I also take supplements. 5mg Biotin, Multi, B-Complex, and NAC. I started the supplements and my BT around the same time, it's been about a month. I've been on the supplements for maybe a week longer than I have been using the BT, but it's too soon for me to have really seen tangible growth results from the supp's. For the first three weeks using BT consistantly my hair was in braids and I already had about .5 inch of new growth with my braids being about a month old. After 2 weeks using BT, there was another average .5 inch of growth, I say average because I seemed to get a little more in some places, and a little less in some places. Overall though, I acheived more growth than expected even though I failed on my 6 month C&G challenge. I didn't even have my braids in a full 2 months, and when I went back to my hairdresser to touch-up, (I was also 13 weeks post) she was surprised at how much it grew in that little time because I was still going to her regularly up until I got the braids. Now with my hair out, I've used it a little less, but I've used it twice in the last week and I'm going to start doing it regularly again regardless, just using a little at a time because I'd really like to keep seeing the same results. It made me imagine if I did go the distance with my C&G plan after 6 months the growth difference would have been sooo dramatic. But I missed my hair, and I am glad to have it out. Plus since I just had a touch-up, I love that I can really monitor the NG and how it all comes in.

I'm, also a BTer, and I take a basic multivitamin and organic liquid silica. I've only been doing both for almost two months,a nd I'm hiding my hair, so I don't know whether I have any progress. BUt the silica has helped my skin. It's not dry, and I get less severe breakouts.

I take a multivitamin, Omega 3,6,9 , Iron, Zinc, Beetroot and B-complex.

I stopped taking the Bamboo (for now), Nioxin. I wanted to see how BT works without the bamboo and nioxin.

I can say that I see a greater difference in my hair with BT than when I was just taking supplements for hair alone.....big difference.

I use all the supps in my siggy plus silica. I use MTG for topical growth...It's too soon to tell about the growth since I just got braids two weeks ago. So by the time I take my braids out in June I will have a gooood testimony...LOL

are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?

Nope, I'm taking my regular ones that make my hair softer, but nothing specifically for growth.

BT

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking?

Not taking any. That's really the only way to be sure.

Are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?Yes

Which ones are you taking? 3-6-9 EFAs, Viviscal, Bamboo Silica, Acerola & Nioxin Recharging Complex

Which topical treatment are you using? Boundless Tresses (Scented)

How can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking? My growth has been accelerated since my last retouch about 3 weeks ago, (I'm a little more than 1/4" (Usually ng doesn't show until week 5 or 6 post retouch). I only started using the BT yesterday.

Let me just say that I'm a :newbie: here and I've been using BT for 7 weeks now and so has my husband. Plus I take UltraHair vitamins so yes I noticed a mega growth spurt in my hair. My husband has noticed that his hair is getting thicker in his bald spot,I thought he was kidding until I checked it out my self.:D

i just realized that i did not answer the questions myself! i am an MTGer (1X per week) and i take all of the vits in my siggy religously. i was about 2 1/2 months post relaxer when i started taking vits to promote hair growth (all that i take promote hair growth except the multi-vitamin) and to be honest, i cannot report substantial growth at this point. i can say that my hair is growing, but it doesn't seem to be growing at the speed that some are reporting.

this may very well be due to the fact that i am not using heat (and i am on a personal 12 month relaxer stretch challenge) on my hair so my NG isn't stretched and i cannot really do an accurate measure of my results :perplexed. i can say that my NG is abundant and THICK.

only time will tell (i will not be using heat until 2008 :eek: ) so at that time i will be able to say with confidence whether or not these aspects of my regimen are "working"

and those are my 22 cents! HHG!

DenverGirl said:
for those of you who have reported and documented substantial growth from topical growth aids, are you taking any supplements to promote hair growth?

The supplements that i'm taking right now are Biotin, Flaxseed Oil, Natures Plus Ultra Hair Vit, Vit-B complex, a MultiVit (sometimes) and MSM.

The topical treatment i'm using and have gotten the best results with is mainly MTG (experimented with MN, surge, Vatika oil, and WGO )

I'm confident that the MTG is responsible for the accelerated growth during the months that i use it most consistently (3-5x a week-every week the whole month) because during those growth phases, i was only taking my vits occasionally. Sometimes i'd go a whole week or more without taking a vit … and even when i took it, i may have taken only 1 or 2 of the 6 i listed. Still, i got fast growth with the topical treatment without taking so many pills.

Now, i've been taking all the supplements everyday (for around 2 months) for the benefits of healthy hair. I want what grows out of my scalp to be thick, strong, shinny and healthy and THEN long. If the supplements make my hair grow quicker or steadlier than it is now, then that is a HUGE plus for me. I'm still oiling my scalp nightly with the MTG after a 6 week hiatus. Since being more consistent with the vits... i've noticed my new growth is thicker than before i took them religiously.

jus trying to do what it takes to meet my hair growth quota for the year!!!

DenverGirl said:
so most of you are attributing your growth spurts to the topical agents?

Pretty much! Seems like most of the people that posted that are using topical stuff, it's the only explanation for noticing accelerated growth being that none of us have really been taking the supps long enough for them to have really kicked in. But both probably work. Check Candy C's thread about "All this growth is due to Vits". She used no topicals to acheive her near WSL hair. But the tops. are def. working too. HTH!

DenverGirl said:

Hi!

Well I am taking Bountiful Tresses as my topical growth, GNC Prenatal Pills
( no I am not pregnant) and Vitamin shoppe Biotin pills 5000 mg.
I have noticed that since I had taken the BT, along with prenatal pills, my hair has gotten mega thick with a lot of body! And my edges are slowly but surely trying to make their comback. I am 7 weeks post relaxer looking like I am 14 weeks post so I am calling my hairdresser today and perming this baby on Friday!

I will really test this product out once my relaxer is ut in.

I have not taken vitamins consistently for a year. They made me sick, bloated and I had "medicine head". I am gradually reintroducing just one multi a day and one Niacin hair vitamin. That is all I can handle. So I am sticking to my Topical sulphur oil. bonjour

These are the supplements that i take:

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex (2)
Puritan's Pride N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) (600 mg)
Puritan's Pride Super Biotin (10 mg)
Puritan's Pride Silica (500 mg Horsetail)
Puritan's Pride B-100 Complex (Ultra B-Complex) (1)
One A Day for Women (Multivitamin)

And I just started the Boundless Tresses a few weeks ago. Prior to that time I was using MTG.

I honestly dont know WHAT is causing my growth. The only thing im 100% certain of is that the BIotin has caused my hair to be thicker.

It really doesnt matter to me. I just know that im satisfied with my growth, so im gonna keep on doing what im doing since it seems to be working! :)

I am a BTer and I take a multivitamin and MSM. I had to cut out the Biotin completely because it was breaking me out sooo bad, even when I upped my water intake.

I used to take Biotin and MSM, but they had too many side effects for me. I do take a women's one a day multi vitamin. I don't know if it makes my hair grow faster or not, but I do have more energy.

I did notice when I made it a point to eat a salad everyday (which up until I graduated college I used to hardly ever eat vegetables) it seemed like my hair grew faster. I wasn't even on LHCF then, but my hair went from SL to APL in less than a year and that was the only thing I was doing differently.

And I also use BT now, but have only been using it for a week so I can't see any new growth yet. It has made my hair softer though.

DenverGirl said:
what about those of you who are using MN for hair growth? that counts as a topical growth aid, doesn't it?

That's what I'm using.

The supplement that I'm taking: HSN-W (It's not a vitamin. It's all herbs and I love it!), Centrum Chewable, and Biotin 1000mcg

which ones are you taking? I take biotin, b-50 complex, flaxseed oil and a multi-vitamin

which topical treatment are you using? I use BT

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking? I am not 100% certain that my hair growth is attributed to one or the other but I believe the combination is giving me accelarated hair growth. My hair is already gotten thicker and to me noticeably longer. Still short but its not as short as it was last week when I cut it. Or maybe the henna loosened up my curl pattern. You can just never be too sure what is working but as long as its working, I am going to continue to use them all!

which ones are you taking? I take Robin's Super Amino Acid Vit, a women's multi vit, and msm.

which topical treatment are you using? I use BT/MTG combo.

and how can you be certain that the "accelerated" hair growth you are getting is from the topical formula and not the supplements you are taking? Well, I know that when I was taking MTG I noticed my hair grew about 1/4 inch in 1.5 weeks. And an inch in a month but I just started the BT and am in braids so only time will tell.

Back