Tracee Ellis Ross's Hair Regime

moni

Re: Tracee Ellis Ross\'s Hair Regime

Nope, sorry. It wasn't me /images/graemlins/look.gif. But thanks for the compliment, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegeesmb

I also do Tracee's routine in the shower. I use a paddle brush instead. If you have a lot of conditioner in your hair and your hair was wet, the brush will comb through hair easily. It does work to achieve curl formation.

Skegeesmb

G

ive always done something like that for the past couple of years. i have what i think to be mostly 4a hair. i do my shampoo and shower thing. then condition and brush through with a regular brush with the plastic bristles.. the kind that has about 30 "bristles". i brush through. rinse back in the shower. PAT my hair with a towel.. and do absolutly nothing else, and let it airdry. as my hair dried id get straight smooth soft natural ringlets that formed and stayed as long as i didnt take a brush to it. ive always done that before i came to this board an heard about deep conditionings and leave in, and roller sets etc. and my hair was grew to about 3inches past my shoulder at that time

(i got about 5 inches cut since then) but i might be trying this routine in the future if i dont get anywhere with my regime

MissJ

emmy, so your hair gets ringlets after you do this? How long are they there for?

nijilah

I don't think that her regime is too complicated nor do I think that the products that she uses are expensive. I hate to admit, but I am a serious pj. I buy stuff every week! Most of it is cheap because my goal is to find something cheap that works for me. Now, if I found 2-3 expensive products that work for me, it is only slightly more expensive than the money that I normally spend.

My hair is almost the same as Tracee Ross's, but I do the braid out to get waves. Also, I always wash my hair and then go to bed so no time to let it hang all out and dry. This is something that I want to try when it gets warmer because this has been and continues to be a harsh and cold winter in Maryland.

smlwndr97

Aesthetician

My Mom has used this brush on her hair for over 30 years and she loves it. My mother has the most shiny, beautiful hair. It would be at waist length if she didn't cut it and she has 4a hair. She never uses hair products on her hair (NOTHING), maybe something for shine. She washes every 3-4 weeks (only at the salon, never at home) and gets a relaxer every 6-8 weeks or so and her hair is georgeous. She doesn't understand my obsession with hair. She can't even wash her own hair. lol!!

But she LOOOOOOOOVES this brush. Go figure!

-monique

smlwndr97

Aesthetician

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Madison said:
MissJ said:
I don't think her hair is a 4 anything. It has to be at least a 3 something if not a 2. Her dad is white after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

My niece is biracial and I can tell you that her hair is kinkier than mine. If there was a such thing as a 6a, she would most definitely have that type hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with my nephew!! He has blond hair and green eyes and let me tell you, his hair is like a rug!! You just can't comb throughthat stuff. He is black and spanish mixed and his Mom has blonde hair as well. Her Hair is pretty mangeable but his hair is awful!!! We have to keep it short so that he can brush through it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-monique

BrightEyes

smlwndr97 said:Same with my nephew!! He has blond hair and green eyes and let me tell you, his hair is like a rug!! You just can't comb throughthat stuff. He is black and spanish mixed and his Mom has blonde hair as well. Her Hair is pretty mangeable but his hair is awful!!! We have to keep it short so that he can brush through it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a nice thing to say about someone's hair. You should never call any texture 'awful', especially on a hair board where people come to talk about...well...hair. What if someone with that same texture is reading this? How would that make them feel?

I can't comb my hair unless it's dripping wet, and even then I have to use a wide-tooth comb. Natural type 4 hair can't use utensils that are created for type 1 or 2 hair. That's logic. What's wrong with not being able to comb your hair with a comb that wasn't made for your natural state anyway? That's like sneering when a lady who wears a size 12 can't fit into a size 4 dress. There is nothing wrong with her body and she is fine the way she is. Why should she force herself to slim down to fit someone else’s standard? Why should we turn our noses up at a texture that can't slide through a certain size comb with ease?

And we wonder why our kinky headed children have complexes. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member

Well everyone's entitled to there own opinion about what is awful and what is not - that's all I had to say - carry on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*quick side-bar*

I thought Tracee Ross' father was Barry Gordy. Wasn't there her or was that one of Diana Ross' other daughters? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ms_kenesha

CQ_Diddly_Do said:
*quick side-bar*

I thought Tracee Ross' father was Barry Gordy. Wasn't there her or was that one of Diana Ross' other daughters? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

From JS Online: Joan, a bright but insecure lawyer with two African-American parents. Yet Joan, too, is played by a biracial actress: Tracee Ellis Ross, the daughter of music megastar Diana Ross and her first husband, music promoter Robert Ellis Silberstein, who is white.

I do however believe that one of her daughters is in fact by Gordy.

G

MissJ said:
emmy, so your hair gets ringlets after you do this? How long are they there for?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would just finger comb if it ever got out of place, never with a brush or comb. and it would last all day. back in the summer i usually washed my hair every day and let it airdry without the use of leave-ins an deep conditioners and all that so i was surprised how much you all go through when i came to this broad a month ago. ive always just done my simple "routine" and never really "took care" of my hair and yet it still grew past bra strap lenght easily

but after my bleaching mishaph /images/graemlins/mad.gif lol thats another story. i found this board and decided to try the suggestions here. but like i said if i dont notice any real difference im going back to my old way , because i never like putting product in my hair, i never blow dry or curling iron, and my hair has always done well.

smlwndr97

Aesthetician

I didn't mean it how is sounded. I guess I meant to say that his hair is "awfully" hard to comb through. It hurts him so much to have his hair combed that his parents keep his hair cut short. Nothing seems to penetrate the tight curls he has. I honestly have never seen anyone's hair this kinky before and it was a trip for us since neither of his parents have this hair texture.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.

-monique

pebbles

Hi CQ!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Just wanted to say hello. Hope you're doing great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlkMane

In reply to:
What is a silkener? That is the name that Curve salon (in Brooklyn) gives to their relaxer services when they don't want to fully relax the hair. All it is is Affirm relaxer (I think I was told they use Affirm Fiberguard). So, to answer your question, a Curve "silkener" is a relaxer that is not combed thru and left in for a short time then rinsed out to release some of the curl.

Funny thing is, they charge a RIDICULOUS amount of money for this "service."
/images/graemlins/huh.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Well ladies, I did it, I tried the hair brush and believe it or not, I did not loose any hair and the curls/coils in my hair clumped together very nicely

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I did it too....my hair clumped together very nicely also. I did loose some hair but nothing more than usual. I didn't even do a comb out before washing it.
I brushed each section of my hair when it was fully loaded with conditioner. I got the Conair version of this brush from Walgreens for about 2 bucks.
I think the brush helps distribute the product evenly through all of my hair that is why it worked so well. I will definitely be using this again. I don't even have my regular products in my hair today and the curls look pretty decent.
Thanks Asha for giving me the courage to try this. I thought it would be a nightmare if I tried it!!!

Melaninme

VALLEYGIRL said:
Well ladies, I did it, I tried the hair brush and believe it or not, I did not loose any hair and the curls/coils in my hair clumped together very nicely

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I did it too....my hair clumped together very nicely also. I did loose some hair but nothing more than usual. I didn't even do a comb out before washing it.
I brushed each section of my hair when it was fully loaded with conditioner. I got the Conair version of this brush from Walgreens for about 2 bucks.
I think the brush helps distribute the product evenly through all of my hair that is why it worked so well. I will definitely be using this again. I don't even have my regular products in my hair today and the curls look pretty decent.
Thanks Asha for giving me the courage to try this. I thought it would be a nightmare if I tried it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are welcome. Maybe I should not have stated that I did not lose any hair, because I did. I, just like you, lost nothing more than ususal, which is why I stated that I did not lose any (additional) hair.

I am glad that it worked for you Valleygirl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care,

Asha /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sweetcocoa

I'm going to try this this weekend...especially since I admire both Vallygirl's and Asha97's natural hair. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Melaninme

sweetcocoa said:
I'm going to try this this weekend...especially since I admire both Vallygirl's and Asha97's natural hair. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you let us know how it turned out. Have a GREAT weekend.

/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

OnlyChild

emmy said:
ive always done something like that for the past couple of years. i have what i think to be mostly 4a hair. i do my shampoo and shower thing. then condition and brush through with a regular brush with the plastic bristles.. the kind that has about 30 "bristles". i brush through. rinse back in the shower. PAT my hair with a towel.. and do absolutly nothing else, and let it airdry. as my hair dried id get straight smooth soft natural ringlets that formed and stayed as long as i didnt take a brush to it. ive always done that before i came to this board an heard about deep conditionings and leave in, and roller sets etc. and my hair was grew to about 3inches past my shoulder at that time

(i got about 5 inches cut since then) but i might be trying this routine in the future if i dont get anywhere with my regime

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this method work on natural and relaxed hair?

L

LaNecia

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The products sound good. But that brush is no joke! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/shocked.gif" alt="" /&gt;

Whoa. My head hurts just looking it at. If I used that brush on my hair (wet or dry), my hair would be making those awful "pap pap pap" sounds! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Had one like it, use it and heard those similar friggin sounds. That brush is long gone!

pookeylou

I have only heard natural heads give the most praise to this brush, but I am sure it will work on relaxed hair as well.

I use the knock off version by Goody...works excellent.

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The products sound good. But that brush is no joke! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/shocked.gif" alt="" /&gt;

Whoa. My head hurts just looking it at. If I used that brush on my hair (wet or dry), my hair would be making those awful "pap pap pap" sounds! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;img src="/images/graemlins/shocked.gif" alt="" /&gt; OMG. I wouldn't let that brush near my hair. &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/naughty.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

My granny has a brush like many years ago. I loved that brush! It really does help to form nice ringlets and it felt good on my scalp. I didn't know they still made brushes like that. I'd be willing to invest in one.

buffalosoldier

[ QUOTE ]
Asha97 said:
Well ladies, I did it, I tried the hair brush
Asha

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing this last year I also went a bought a denman brush (sallys $8)and yes it works with your hair full of condish. It leaves my hair extra frizzy but I really like the way it feels when brushing.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
CQ_Diddly_Do said:
*quick side-bar*

I thought Tracee Ross' father was Barry Gordy. Wasn't there her or was that one of Diana Ross' other daughters? &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! Rhonda, is her oldest daughter and was fathered by Barry Gordy....