Transitioning from neck length to shoulder length

dejaomare

First of all I know this question has been asked numerous times so Please forgive me for repeating it. I tried to search but to no avail i did not get any results

For those of you who went from neck length to shoulder length and beyond what did you do in addition to keeping it constantly moisturized and wearing a protective style in order to protect ur ends.

Any tips for me and others.

dlewis

Oil, condition washes, clarifing if using a lot of products, protective styles, oil treatments,

chellee

You have made a tremendous amount of progress since you began your hair journey. Keep it up. It looks like you are wearing wigs as your protective style and this seems to be working for you. Continue to keep your hair moisturized underneath the wig and use protein treatments as needed to maintain the balance. Your pics should be your inspiration.

Phoenix

I went from a little below chin-length to 2 inches above armpit in a little over a year (14 months to be exact). I wore braids, used MTG and spritzed daily with a mixture of filtered water, WGO, and essential oils. I was also taking a multi vitamin (alternated between GNC Ultra Nourishair and GNC pre-natal vits.), powdered MSM, biotin, l-cystein (sp?), and vitamin C (to help with absorbtion of MSM and L-cystein).

For me, the keys were protective styling, moisture, and patience. My hair has always grown fairly fast, but it CANNOT tolerate heat, frequent relaxing, or too much manipulation.

amy1234

-protect the hair at night...sleep with a satin bonnet on

-deep condition the hair weekly with a good moisturizing conditioner

-extra moisture on the ends (s-curl) before bunning

-leaving it alone