Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

Daina

Being very hair lazy, been in the same wet bun since Friday...I spray it everyday and use the CP oil mix every other day. It makes my hair so soft and my scalp feels good. I haven't cleansed in almost 2 weeks. I'll do something this weekend. I'm going to change bun position today.

VictoriousBrownFlower

This challenge should keep me accountable to my new protective style plan. I'm in for the remainder of the challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~Join the Challenge by Sharing-----------------

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?

4 braids in a bun around the house and a braidout bun when going out.

2. What is your style maintenance regimen?

Wash one a week to every other week and while wet braid into 4 braids that I put into a bun.

If going out take out those braids and put hair into bun.

Other than that just leave it in the braids until next wash day.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?

Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?

Longer healther hair that is thick from root to tip.

5. How often will you restyle your hair?

twice a wk

6. Include Starting Pic.
DSC02443.JPG DSC02454.JPG

faithVA

My hair is still in flat twists. Its time for a wash. I spent the week in the deserts of Nevada and my hair is super dry. I will use this week to hydrate it and then twist it up next weekend.

charmtreese

@charmtreese Of course I LOVE your twists! What do you do with them at night? Do you "wrap" them like Naptural85? I normally braid my twists in 4 big braids to stretch them a bit.

Aww, thank you! Your twist are always cute!

After moisturizing and sealing I normally pull them back and make a bun secured with a satin scrunchie or two flat twist (one one each side). I baggie my entire head leaving my edges out and tie a scarf around my edges.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Update:

Been wearing my hair in the following styles:

French twist secured with a claw clip. No pictures but the next time I do it, I will snap an few and upload them.

Faux twisted bun using these pins to hold my hair back like a "ponytail holder".

image.jpg

I pull my hair back and pin them in a circular pattern to create a faux ponytail. Make about 6 twists and wrap them around each other using the pins that's already in place to secure them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

A super loose bun using an extra large silk scrunchie.

image.jpg

I have to take all of these down daily. I'm also trying to give my hair a rest from high buns. Been doing them 3 years straight, so I think it's time for a break.

French braid. Hair down or pinned up. This is my favorite of them all because I can do it extremely loose and it still looks put together. I can also leave it untouched for 3-4 days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

VictoriousBrownFlower

I love that faux twist bun @lulu97 . I can't wait til my hair is long enough to do more elaborate buns:cloud9:.

I'm in the middle of washing my hair. I already shampooed and detangled with my dc. Now I'm just allowing it to sit for a while before I wash it out.

I have to say I'm impressed with this wash day. My hair was super easy to detangle because it had been in twists all week which kept it from tangling and I lost SIGNIFICANTLY less hair than I usually do. This experience just confirmed what I already felt led to do which is protective style for a yr. It's just so easy to do and the added benefit of less shedding was an unexpected bonus.

Daina

Update:

Been wearing my hair in the following styles:

French twist secured with a claw clip. No pictures but the next time I do it, I will snap an few and upload them.

Faux twisted bun using these pins to hold my hair back like a "ponytail holder".

View attachment 398973

I pull my hair back and pin them in a circular pattern to create a faux ponytail. Make about 6 twists and wrap them around each other using the pins that's already in place to secure them.

View attachment 398965

View attachment 398967

A super loose bun using an extra large silk scrunchie.

View attachment 398963

I have to take all of these down daily. I'm also trying to give my hair a rest from high buns. Been doing them 3 years straight, so I think it's time for a break.

French braid. Hair down or pinned up. This is my favorite of them all because I can do it extremely loose and it still looks put together. I can also leave it untouched for 3-4 days.

View attachment 398969

View attachment 398971

@lulu97, just lovely! The French braid is a favorite of mine as well!

Anaisin

I've been home since like 530 but started braiding only an hour ago. Sad. I would've been done already, I've done mini braids in 4 hours before

I did a lazy blow dry Wednesday morning. Using Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika butter

faithVA

My summer fling is over. I did a week with wngs but now I'm back to my ol regular style. I colored this morning, did an oil rinse, slathered in some gel and put in my flat twist to the side. I pinned them a little differently but other than that its the same ole style.

I think I'm going to try to tough it out and just were this one style for the rest of May and June and then try something else in July. We shall see. I always say that then do something else :lol:

Anaisin

My summer fling is over. I did a week with wngs but now I'm back to my ol regular style. I colored this morning, did an oil rinse, slathered in some gel and put in my flat twist to the side. I pinned them a little differently but other than that its the same ole style.

I think I'm going to try to tough it out and just were this one style for the rest of May and June and then try something else in July. We shall see. I always say that then do something else :lol:

Lol same. I'm going to practice cornrowing though after I take these braids out. Maybe then I'll start wearing something different.