***TWIST FOR GROWTH CHALLENGE 2010!!!***

Ms Lala

Please add me to the challenge. I am putting in twists right now. I got off my regimen and tried buns, ponytails and other loose styles and ended up really frustrated:wallbash:. I prefer twists because I don't have to style/comb daily. So I'm going back to my twists. Atleast I can wear them for 2-3 weeks and it makes exercising easy.

If anyone can answer this question:

Most of you stated that you wash your hair while it is in twists... I KNOW my hair will unravel if I even try it.... can any of you post pictures of your twists AFTER you've washed and DC'd your hair while it was still in twists??? Just so I can see what to expect...

Thanks!

When I wash my twists I am pretty gentle so they don't get too fuzzy. I usually dilute the shampoo or I just cowash. I DC and rinse. Then I braid them up and let them dry in the braids. This helps stretch them back out and hides some of the frizz. My pic is below.

Attachments

• washedtwists.jpg
    washedtwists.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 50
@ Kurlycaramel: your twists looks great! They come out so neat! I love the way you've pinned them together.

I wish I could join the challenge, but I'm going currently in kinky twists for another 2 weeks. Afterwards, I think I'm going to put in some crochet braids. Good luck ladies....I might pop my head in a time or two.

O-ren

I'm just hopping on the computer after finishing my twists today. I washed and conditioned with AOHSR, then I DC'd with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat for 20 minutes. After I rinsed, I sectioned my hair and put on the Coco Creme Leave-In or sprayed with Moisture Mist and used the Gillian on my ends of each section one at a time.

I just realized that the pics I posted earlier are kinda old (from about 2 weeks ago). So here is my starting point for the challenge!

Attachments

• DSC02179-vi.jpg
    DSC02179-vi.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02184-vi.jpg
    DSC02184-vi.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02176-vi.jpg
    DSC02176-vi.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 25

Fhrizzball

Can I join in? I'll be afk for the next two weeks or so (Off to Costa Rica~) so won't be able to update anytime during then. Right now I have mini twists on pressed hair (a la BMP). I'll probably cowash them sometime during the trip and have shrunken twists that will hopefully last me until late May or Beginning June.

Normally my routine is to do mini twists on strectched airdry hair and wear that until I grow bored of it. Then I gradually make the set bigger and when it's big enough I'll wear a twistout for a bit and redo the whole process. I intend to do this for the whole summer at the least. I don't have any specific hair products it's just whatever is on hand. Here's a picture of my pressed twists and I'll include a couple on a set I did a few months back.

Attachments

• DSCN0393.jpg
    DSCN0393.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0394.jpg
    DSCN0394.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 30
  • HNI_0079.JPG
    HNI_0079.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 35
  • HNI_0082.JPG
    HNI_0082.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 23

Miss AJ

Got a late start cuz I thought my dad's fam was coming to see me today so I'm still twisting. I decided against full head so i flat twisted the front. Idk where my mom hid my twist gel so im using rubber bands on the ends but im not worried cuz I'm twisting with Motions Nourish leave in and Profectiv MegaGrowth daily anti breakage strengthener.

Chameleonchick

I would like to join as well. I get great growth from twists. I am in twists now and will be going back to extension twist by the end of this week. I will post a picture tomorrow I have to go to sleep.

Ms Lala

It has been humid lately so my twists are looking frizzy. I plan to take them out on Thursday.

Miss AJ

Twisted this morning and I must say they look pretty awesome lol. Just my normal flat twisted front, 2 stranded back.

O-ren

How are you ladies doing on this challenge...I'm unoffically twisting for growth...hehe

I'm still twisting! I take pics every two weeks, and post them to my fotki, but forget to come and update the thread. :spinning:

bablou00

I'll join. Im pretty much in twist at all times since I work out and I can just wash my hair and go with out worrying about styling or tangles. If yall have any questions just ask. I keep my fotki up to date monthly. Ive seen growth from keeping my hair in twist and want to continue to do them until I can pull my hair back. Good luck to you ladies.

PocketVenus

Sign me up! I'm a little late, but I put in minitwists a couple days ago. I took pictures but have to find my USB cord and upload. Tonight!

ETA: Uploaded

Last edited:

yodie

I've been following the "twist for growth" threads for awhile now. I couldn't initially twist my hair. Didn't look right, stay right, etc. Happy to report that I can now twist my hair. I don't have any pics to share, but I plan on continuing to twist my hair (underneath my wig) until I can also pull my twists up in a ponytail.

ETA: I do plan on taking some pics to keep up with my progress.

Miss AJ

BUMPING

Took my first set out kinda early but retwisted yesterday and I love them. I did them on dry hair that I brushed out with my Denman knock off, twisted with Profectiv Mega Growth Daily Anti-Breakage Strengthener, and plan to moisturize once a day with the Profectiv Mega Growth Pro Growth Sheen. So far so good!

hopeful

Sooo is the challenge still alive? If so, I'd like to join. Currently twisted up. My hair always seems to thrive in twists.

Miss AJ

Not sure what happened to the original challenge starter but I'm trying to keep this thread alive. My hair is still twisted and I'm trying to stick with wearing twists back to back, no twist outs involved and it is ROUGH. They are pretty fuzzy cuz I'm close to my retwisting day (Sunday) so I'm going to try to pin them up into some sort of updo and roll with it until Sunday morning...UGH.

hopeful

Hang in there Miss AJ. Sunday will be here soon! They probably look worse to you than others. I am trying to be more creative with my twists right now.

Miss AJ

Hang in there Miss AJ. Sunday will be here soon! They probably look worse to you than others. I am trying to be more creative with my twists right now.

U might be right because a girl in my squadron complimented me on the style and I was confused LOL.

FroFab

I love the T4G challenges. I followed from the non-membership sidelines when they started and got really great retention. My biggest problems with them (the twists) were HIH disease which would cause me to mess up my ends from keeping on pulling them down. I'm in braids right now trying to re-figure out my hair but HHG to all of you ladies.

hopeful

^^^I've found twists to not be great for the ends in general--idk why--but overall great for growth and retention.

NaturallyMo

I always stalk the TFG challenges from the sidelines. I really need to establish some sort of routine with my hair. Right now, it's just sporadic. Subscribing to follow and possibly join.

Miss AJ

^^^I've found twists to not be great for the ends in general--idk why--but overall great for growth and retention.

I know for me I'm always playing with the ends, picking out knots and stuff so I'm glad I can pull them up in a baby ponytail now, I can't mess with the ends lol.

ETA: Almost forgot, i moisturize my ends with a cream leave-in and seal with Profectiv Mega Growth moisturizer in the jar daily, sometimes twice daily.

Loves Harmony

Hello everyone! I would love to join in. I started waering twice a week ago. Decided to wear my twist Sunday to Friday. On Saturday wear my twist out and retwist on Sunday. I moisturize my hair with BRBC then seal with olive oil. Shea butter is to heavy for my hair.