Type 1's and 2's

Aviah

Before I ask, please know I'm NOT trying to exclude anybody, or tell them not to be here but this is just out of pure curiousity...

Type 1's and 2's, here are my questions:
1)Why did you come to LHCF? (There is a plethora of information on here, but mostly geared toward types 3 and 4).
2) What information do you use, and what do you leave out? (of course this is different for everyone, but I'm looking at whether there are general similarities or not)

TIA!

Neith

I look around on other hairboards that are not specifically geared towards kinky hair.

Surprisingly, type 1's and 2's - even those who don't even have a kinky texture - they tend to do similar things to their hair in my experience.

Oil treatments, DC's, protective styling, babying ends...

They even henna and use familiar products. :yep:

A lot of the time they use less product and less heavy products sometimes than a kinky type 3 or 4 would...

We are all hair obsessed :lol:

Last edited:
I look around on other hairboards that are not specifically geared towards kinky hair.

Surprisingly, type 1's and 2's - even those who don't even have a kinky texture - they tend to do similar things to their hair in my experience.

Oil treatments, DC's, protective styling, babying ends...

They even henna and use familiar products. :yep:

A lot of the time they use less product and less heavy products sometimes than a kinky type 3 or 4 would...
I agree, I use to hang around longhaircommunity and still do sometimes and the women there are mostly 1's and 2's with extremely long hair. They are as "crazy" as us when it comes to protective styling, oiling,cones, shampooing etc. The same things that are bad for 1's and 2's are bad for 3's and 4's also and I learned some useful things there too......

Pandora1975

Because of links I found here, I am helping my dh (type 1 hair) with his hair products. I understand what he needs and doesn't. Recently he started having breakage and I was able to diagnose and fix it. Thanks ladies!

Aviah

I see what you ladies mean, I have a look around LHC now and then too. I know we're all hair obsessed, but there are differences in hair care between (and even within types!). It just seems like afro hair needs a lot more to achieve length than the aforementioned hairtypes (generally speaking, I know there are exceptions).

Neith, some of those differences are what you mention with using less product etc. But I'm still interested if we have any members on the board of these types and why they joined, you know?