Type 3 Relaxed & Naturals.....FAVORITE PRODUCTS??

Mz.MoMo5235

natural 3b'ish here

reggie:

poo and cond 1x per wk (my scalp needs the regular pooing lol i said pooing)

towel dry

apply products

air dry fully down and out

then bun the rest of the wk re-moisturizing as needed

products:
poo/cond- aussie moist

moisturizer-homemade juice (1 small spray bottle, 50% water, 50% infusium23 *sallys generic*, 1-2blobs of veg glyc *each blob about dime to nickel sized*, a few drops of tea tree oil***if i'm out of veg glyc i use a blob of conditioner)

leave in cond- HE LTR or HE HH

oil- mix of evoo, castor, evco, with a few drops of tea tree oil

i put on my products in the above order too.

hope this helped some :)

Wildkat08

Don't really have a consistent reggie (I know, I know) but I absolutely love Aveda Light Elements serum. Apply it to damp hair after washing and conditioning and before drying/flat ironing... Its super light, but makes hair silky and tamed.

Oh, I'm a natural 3B w/ fine dense strands.

Great Thread!

Mz.MoMo5235

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE^^^^^^

i thought you were like ... 3b "biish" here! guess i read that one wrong:nono:

lmao oh no!!! i mean like i'm somewhere around 3b give or take a curl lmao :lachen: i'm not gansta enough to run in a thread like that :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

NikkiGirl

Hey type 3b/3c transitioning...

My favorite moisturizer is between Silk Elements Leave-in and HE LTR.
Oil is Natural 5 Oil
My fav leave in conditioner is Rusk Healthy
and my fav detangler is Tigi Oatmeal and Honey or Aussie Moist

My reggie isn't consistent enough to post. I co-wash almost daily and moisturize and seal every couple of days. I dc when I remember, so usually every two to three weeks. I just keep it simple.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Hey type 3b/3c transitioning...

My favorite moisturizer is between Silk Elements Leave-in and HE LTR.
Oil is Natural 5 Oil
My fav leave in conditioner is Rusk Healthy
and my fav detangler is Tigi Oatmeal and Honey or Aussie Moist

My reggie is consistent enough to post. I co-wash almost daily and moisturize and seal every couple of days. I dc when I remember, so usually every two to three weeks. I just keep it simple.

THANK YOU SO MUCH NIKKI!

NaturalPath

1-HAIR MOISTURIZER: I dont use a moisturizer just the Kinky Curly leave-in followed by a smidge of their curly custard...this leaves my hair moisturized for several days

2-HAIR OIL: I dont use oil on my hair unless its a pre-shampoo treatment, Carols Daughtor Lisas hair elixir oil or castor oil

3-LEAVE IN CONDITIONER: Kinkycurly Knot today leave-in or giovanni leave-in

4-DETANGLER: I dont need a detangler, I just detangle on dry hair after removing big twists overnight or sometimes I just detangle using a wide toothed comb in the shower with a lot of conditioner

My regimen is basically just wash every 1-3 days, I wear wash n go's 97% of the time. I am trying to do more protective styling which is why I joined the 3-month protective style challenge.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

1-HAIR MOISTURIZER: I dont use a moisturizer just the Kinky Curly leave-in followed by a smidge of their curly custard...this leaves my hair moisturized for several days

2-HAIR OIL: I dont use oil on my hair unless its a pre-shampoo treatment, Carols Daughtor Lisas hair elixir oil or castor oil

4-DETANGLER: I dont need a detangler, I just detangle on dry hair after removing big twists overnight or sometimes I just detangle using a wide toothed comb in the shower with a lot of conditioner

My regimen is basically just wash every 1-3 days, I wear wash n go's 97% of the time. I am trying to do more protective styling which is why I joined the 3-month protective style challenge.

thank you so much Ms. Mane_Attraxion
I would have loved to try the knot today as a leave in.....with kimmay tube's formula combo.... i plan to try substituting the AOHR in it's place with that combo (fingers crossed)

I also "wanted" to use the Giovanni direct leave in.... but Massage Warehouse charges way to much for shipping.... most reasonable prices I've found for the 1 liter bottles

NaturalPath

thank you so much Ms. Mane_Attraxion
I would have loved to try the knot today as a leave in.....with kimmay tube's formula combo.... i plan to try substituting the AOHR in it's place with that combo (fingers crossed)

I also "wanted" to use the Giovanni direct leave in.... but Massage Warehouse charges way to much for shipping.... most reasonable prices I've found for the 1 liter bottles

Interesting I will have to look for her regimen on YT.
Knot today is pretty expensive so to have another alternative would be perfect. I have tried their AOGPB as a leave-in and thought it worked pretty well. Thanks!

BlairWaldorf

1-HAIR MOISTURIZER - Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envy . its not really a moisturizer more of a definer but it has mango and shea butter as the main ingredient and it keeps my hair soft and moisturized
2-HAIR OIL- Vatika Coconut oil
3-LEAVE IN CONDITIONER- africa's best deep conditioner (rinse out/leave in ) some times i use aphogee
4-DETANGLER- same as #3 except aphogee

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

girl you'd be suprised to the number of people using that leave in combo! so many youtube videos announcing how effective it has been!
knot today....2 oils....aloe vera juice<--- optimal pH range= closed cuticles, smooth hair, fewer knots, moisture retention

Curlykale

- I wet my hair, put oil and my DC with a plastic cap, half an hour later I wash twice with a non sulfate shampoo once a week. I detangle with conditioner without touching my scalp and I leave it in. I always air dry, I moisturize every night and sometimes I co-wash once a week. Sometimes I add homemade flaxseed gel on top.

Favourite moisturizer: AO white camellia diluited with aloe vera gel and very little oil (it's smoothing, good detangler and doesn't live a dull build up)

Favourite oils
: brazil nut oil or rice bran oil because they penetrate quickly. sometimes melted murumuru in my DC but I can live without it.

Favourite conditioner
: AO white camellia for moisture, GPB for protein (they are also my DC).

Favourite detangler: white camellia with brazil nut or rice bran oil, or oil only under the shower, before shampoo, if I don't DC.

I tend to use only few products and I'm all about multi-use products.

Cheaper products:

Good drugstore alternative for a leave-in, detangler and moisturizer: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner.
Very good cheap oil: olive oil. I believe I could live on these 2 things + a shampoo and egg yolks. But haircare is my only guilty pleasure.

Last edited:

Esthi777

Hi All! I'm new and very glad I came across this thread. I was starting to wonder where all the 3s were. Anywho, I poo with TJ's Tea tree tingle once a week. I use Mizani clarify ever other week. I co-wash with TJ's tea tree tingle everyday. My leave in is Giovanni direct watered down a lot! It's a bit to thick for me to use it straight. I wrap my hair and put a roller or two at the top of my head and let air dry for about an hour while I eat breakfast, check email and do my make up then just take it down a do a quick style and done! When I wear it curly I use a mixture of Aloe vera juice, glycerin, rose water and giovanni direct, scrunch and go! OK, so on to my fav's...

1. Favorite Moisturizer: still exploring but for now aloe vera gel
2. Favorite oils: Castor oil (amazing!!)
3. ORS to DC
4. Don't use one but back in the day I loved Pantene's detangler (I know, don't hit me:hammer:)

Mad Scientist

Moisturizers: Co-washing puts a lot of moisture in my hair and I don't really use actual "moisturizers," but I occasionally use shea butter whenever I feel like it. I don't know if that counts.

Oils: Sometimes I feel like putting oil on my scalp so I'll use coconut oil. I also sometimes soak my hair in coconut oil or olive oil before shampooing. I used to use avocado oil, but it didn't really do that much for my hair.

Conditioner: I co-wash every day. Right now I'm addicted to: Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner and Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner. I also use a lot of the Suave Professionals conditioners (almond and shea butter, aloe vera and ginseng). I'm currently using AO Honeysuckle Rose as a DC.

Leave-In: MIXED CHICKS MIXED CHICKS MIXED CHICKS. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner Leave-In and Paul Mitchell The Cream Leave-In

Detangler: N/A. I just use a wide tooth comb in the shower.

Cheaper Products: Suave? I don't know. I tried V05 but I didn't like it.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I bet my products will change but here they are as of July 2010:

Moisturizers: butters, cremes, and butters. My current favorites are from Qhemet Biologics - Burdock Root and Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, and Afroveda's Curl Define and Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter.

Oils: Coconut Oil. I love it for my skin too.

Conditioner: I am new to co-washing. I was a Creme of Nature stan but when they changed the formula, I had to find alternatives. I like Suave Coconut for now. I am constantly trying other conditioners all the time.

Leave-In: IC reconstructor, Kids Organic Shea Butter Lotion or Motions spray leave-in
Detangler: My leave-ins detangle most of the time.

I'm noticing that detangling isn't an issue with most that have posted - true?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I bet my products will change but here they are as of July 2010:

Moisturizers: butters, cremes, and butters. My current favorites are from Qhemet Biologics - Burdock Root and Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, and Afroveda's Curl Define and Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter.

Oils: Coconut Oil. I love it for my skin too.

Conditioner: I am new to co-washing. I was a Creme of Nature stan but when they changed the formula, I had to find alternatives. I like Suave Coconut for now. I am constantly trying other conditioners all the time.

Leave-In: IC reconstructor, Kids Organic Shea Butter Lotion or Motions spray leave-in
Detangler: My leave-ins detangle most of the time.

I'm noticing that detangling isn't an issue with most that have posted - true?

I really wish coconut oil would have worked for me

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Moisturizers: Co-washing puts a lot of moisture in my hair and I don't really use actual "moisturizers," but I occasionally use shea butter whenever I feel like it. I don't know if that counts.

Oils: Sometimes I feel like putting oil on my scalp so I'll use coconut oil. I also sometimes soak my hair in coconut oil or olive oil before shampooing. I used to use avocado oil, but it didn't really do that much for my hair.

Conditioner: I co-wash every day. Right now I'm addicted to: Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner and Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner. I also use a lot of the Suave Professionals conditioners (almond and shea butter, aloe vera and ginseng). I'm currently using AO Honeysuckle Rose as a DC.

Leave-In: MIXED CHICKS MIXED CHICKS MIXED CHICKS. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner Leave-In and Paul Mitchell The Cream Leave-In

Detangler: N/A. I just use a wide tooth comb in the shower.

Cheaper Products: Suave? I don't know. I tried V05 but I didn't like it.
i was so praying my hair would love shea butter.... so far :nono: horrible

i agree... i cowash daily & the need for other moisturizers are really none existent due to water as my main moisture source
but i still need softeners & detanglers once it tries