Type 4 Ladies what do you think about the following "natural based" DC products

Vintageglam

So I am doing the Use up your stash challenge at the moment and as as resrult I spend a lot of time dreaming about the products I would have bought by now.....:rolleyes: Honestly its like an illness I tell ya...:lachen:

Anyways I have managed to shrink my stash a bit by selling some, giving some to family and taking some back to the shop.

My plan in the future is to use more natural based products and I was wondering what my fellow type 4 ladies thought of the following Deep Condish'ers:

Giovanni, Smooth as Silk, Deep Moisture Conditioner

Giovanni, Smooth As Silk Xtreme, Protein Hair Infusion

Aubrey Organics, Honeysuckle Rose, Moisturizing Conditioner

Aubrey Organics, GPB, Glycogen Protein, Balancing Conditioner

Aubrey Organics, Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner, White Camellia

Giovanni, Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor

Also if there are any other suggestions, please feel free to add them.

TIA Ladies !!! :grin:

Neek-a-Nator

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Giovanni Smooth as Silk deep conditioner. As you can see in my siggy I'm transitioning 7 months post and it melts my NG like butter. Oh BTW I'm a 4a and detangling can be quite difficult but with the right products for my hair its much easier. This stuff works wonders on my hair. HTH

Vintageglam

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Giovanni Smooth as Silk deep conditioner. As you can see in my siggy I'm transitioning 7 months post and it melts my NG like butter. Oh BTW I'm a 4a and detangling can be quite difficult but with the right products for my hair its much easier. This stuff works wonders on my hair. HTH

Hey Neek-a-Nator thanks for the feed back! I have heard such good things about this condish - just wanted to know what my fellow type 4 ladies thought of it. I am a 4a/b so this helps tremendously.

The AO WC made my hair so soft:lick::lick::lick:! It was my first dc and it was amazing! I used the GPB first then the WC...:cloud9:

Thats smart so basically you used the GBP (as the name suggests) as a protein and then followed with the white camelia as a moisture condish??? How lond did you keep both on for and did you use heat?

labelfree

I've tried the AO HSR and I like it I mixed it with honey and always left a little in after rinsing it gave my hair a nice shine :yep: I will have to revisit that conditioner again

chrstndiva

ITA. Love this one. I also love shescentit Banana Brulee. They are helping me to stretch my relaxers to 12 weeks.

darlingdiva

I love GPB. I think it would be good for those who can only handle light protein. It is even lighter than Aphogee 2-min., IMO.

In fact, the GPB is starting to act like a moisturizing conditioner on my hair. I may start alternating it with the KBB deep conditioner.

mscocoface

I have used the Givanni Smooth as Silk. I have tried and shampoo but it still seems to make my hair feel a little like straw once it air dried, but I really like the conditioner.

AO I have tried the white camilia, I know this is a holy grail for some but it was okay for me. I am so use to not having suds running through my hair that the AO WC shampoo was fine, I did not get the feeling of stripped hair with this one.

Deszdamona

Man! AM I the only one who thinks Giovanni products are so-so? AO, on the other hand is one of my staples. I like the WC and the GPB the best. HSR, IMO was just ok too though. I wanna try the Rose and Jojoba after I use some up some.

30something

So I am doing the Use up your stash challenge at the moment and as as resrult I spend a lot of time dreaming about the products I would have bought by now.....:rolleyes: Honestly its like an illness I tell ya...:lachen:
LOL Me too! I have a list now

Giovanni smooth as silk is really good, so is Giovanni Direct leave in
I think I'm going to add that Giovanni protein infusion to my list now

I like natural products at least Giovanni, when I use up my stash I want to consider trying out more natural stuff

sharifeh

giovanna smooth as silk deeper moisture does make your hair feel silky and smooth

I love the smell of aubrey' hsr :lick:

I also like like wc, but hate the smell!!

Duchesse

I've never tried Giovanni DCs but their leave in did nothing for my hair. AO products on the other hand I love all the conditioners of theirs that I've tried. I'm trying to finish using up all of my extra products by March and plan on using only AO conditioners.

rosalindb

I love Aubrey Organics conditioners, these are staples for me.

GBP: I've used this since 2005. I use this as my regular pre-poo protein treatment mixed with with JBCO and raw honey.

HSR: I've used this since 2006. If I want a light protein treatment, I pre-poo with this and add organic blackstrap molasses, JBCO and raw honey. I did use it as a DC but replaced it with WC

WC: I've used this since 2007 and use this to DC and I also dilute and use it to co-wash my cornrows

Last edited:

thehairmaverick

Hey Neek-a-Nator thanks for the feed back! I have heard such good things about this condish - just wanted to know what my fellow type 4 ladies thought of it. I am a 4a/b so this helps tremendously.

Thats smart so basically you used the GBP (as the name suggests) as a protein and then followed with the white camelia as a moisture condish??? How lond did you keep both on for and did you use heat?

Yep:yep: kept both in for about an hour( I lost track with the WC because I was watching youtube videos lol, I needed something to do while I waited) with my heating cap.

danigurl18

I haven't used any of the other ones although most of them are on my next buy list but the Smooth as Silk is amazing!!!

IrrationalThoughts

I LOVE GBP. It is the only protein that doesnt make my hair extra crunchy. I actually mix with HSR and oil and DC with steam. I alternate with the SAS...Ah condish, I loves you.

Shoediva

Both of those lines are on my product to buy list. I found the other really popular lines (Ors, Mizani, Keracare, etc) have ingredients I dont want on my hair or scalp/skin. I'm looking for truly natural products. Not those that just claim to be SLS free.

Thanks for the reviews!

sleek

Love Giovanni I have it mixed with pep,olive and coconut oil for deep condish and I just started using the direct leave in cause I finally found it in NYC and thats a keeper as well

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Have you been peeking in my cupboard??!!? These are all my staples.....I use the AOs as my base and mix in various amounts of the giovannis depending on my hair needs. Thay are all fantastic!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yeah StellaG:grin:!

You Got a Good List there.:yep:

I also like J/A/S/O/N, Millcreek & Alba Botanica. (those also have some great products in their line-up too:yep:)

I have some Nature's Gate, But I haven't used it yet.

mstar

Luxury bacon
The Aubrey conditioners are good...they're not great, and they're not good enough for me to use them on their own. I always mix them with other ingredients.

I much prefer the HSR to the White Camellia. WC doesn't do that much for me.

I do like to mix HSR with the Global Goddess Coconut Amla oil. The scent of those two mixed together is amazing, and the combo works well as a pre-poo or an overnight moisture DC. I also make a super-moisturizing DC mix using AOHSR and some other ingredients.

ETA: I agree with Mwedzi that the 100% all-natural DCs are not usually TRULY great. Komaza Olive Moisture Mask and Lush Retread are two semi-natural conditioners that are absolutely wonderful.

Last edited:

PerplexingComplex

Giovanni, Smooth as Silk, Deep Moisture Conditioner

Aubrey Organics, Honeysuckle Rose, Moisturizing Conditioner

Also if there are any other suggestions, please feel free to add them.

TIA Ladies !!! :grin:

I tried these two. They were okay. Nothing really especially, except for the scent of the AOHR (I really liked the scent). Most deep conditioners work the same on my hair, so I don't even use deep conditioners anymore. I just do hot oil treatments with castor oil.

Shoediva

I just do hot oil treatments with castor oil.

I thought about Hot oil treatments this weekend. I remember that's all my mom used to do to my hair when I was a kid. Fri nite wash, condition (rinse with cold water) plaits (air dried)and pressed on saturday AM. Hot oil treatments once a month. She only washed our hair every 2 weeks.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
There is nothing ... and I mean NOTHING ... better than AO White Camellia. That conditioner literally makes the tangles melt out of my hair.

Oh ... and I'm a 3C in the front, and all 4a in the back.