How do you know if you are protein sensitive?

blasiancurlie

Forgive me, this might be a dumb question but if my hair dries out from products with protein should I just stay away from proteins? The reason I ask is because I use Aubrey Organics and Giovanni Direct leave-in. The AO conditioner makes my hair horribly dry. It feels great in the shower - detangles with great slip but my hair is a dry mess as soon as I get out. Also, I think I might be using too much of the Giovanni Direct but that makes my hair a little dry as well. I've read that both have proteins... does this mean that I'm just sensitive to protein?

ETA: Also, are there any natural products w/o protein?

crazydaze911

i would go on the aubrey website. their honey suckle rose conditioner should be moisturizing - i use that one. Read the ingredients to be sure. they also have a couple other ones that seem moisturizing - dessert essence and carribean smthg i think. also -its ok to have A LITTLE BIT of protein. Most conditioners have some, even when they are supposed to be moisturizing - their just further down on the ingredient list.

blasiancurlie

thanks crazydaze911! i'll check the website. i only have island naturals so i'm probably better off trying the honey suckle rose. and i would hate to give up this line cause it detangles like a charm! i know that too much protein will dry your hair out so i'll def check for products that have it further down the list. i just need to brush up on my ingredients facts because i just learned wheat germ oil is a protein and i didn't know that. :ohwell:

i would go on the aubrey website. their honey suckle rose conditioner should be moisturizing - i use that one. Read the ingredients to be sure. they also have a couple other ones that seem moisturizing - dessert essence and carribean smthg i think. also -its ok to have A LITTLE BIT of protein. Most conditioners have some, even when they are supposed to be moisturizing - their just further down on the ingredient list.