What is the most detangling conditioner?

serendipity

Can anyone recommend a detangling rinse- out conditioner with alot of slip? With my new growth, I'm having major issues with combing whenever I wash my hair.

A few that I've tried to no avail are:

ORS Replenishing
Giovanni Magnetic Restruxturing
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Nutrafix
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics GBP
Aubrey Organics White Camelia
Keracare Humecto

If you've any suggestions, please post them

thanks ladies.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I'm having the same problem with my ends tho. Try oil rinsing and any conditioner you have. Sareca has a thread on how to do it. Generally, you wet hair, put castor, coconut or amla oil (or any other you like) on hair from scalp to ends, massage well into scalp and distribute through ends. Rinse in very warm water. Then use a shikakai shampoo bar or conditioner and cleanse scalp. Rinse. This should help to detangle the hair.

BTW, we use Aubrey HR and it's the best I've ever used. If that doesn't give enough slip, try Farouk Biosilk or one of the Silk Elements products. I secon Black Hoya Chick because Suave Humectant is great and very inexpensive. It can be distressing, right? You want to grow it out to long lengths then the tangling effect past shoulder. URGH.

PGirl

Can anyone recommend a detangling rinse- out conditioner with alot of slip? With my new growth, I'm having major issues with combing whenever I wash my hair.

ORS Replenishing
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Nutrafix
Aubrey Organics GBP
Keracare Humecto

thanks ladies.

I didn't like ORS Replenishing until I added Avocado Oil and Castor Oil (sometimes I add a little honey too) -- My hair loves it now. For me it did noting without the oils.

I also agree with Oil Rinsing. There is a thread all about it by Sareca. I have to do this when I'm 8 weeks post or I can't comb my new growth.

Last edited:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Have you tried the salt method?

A good detangling conditioner is Cream of Nature but I havent used it in awhile.

PGirl

I tried it once and regretted. My hair was a mess. I don't know what went wrong but my hair was so dry and tangled.

If you try it be ready to spend extra time if necessary. It took me awhile to get my hair feeling like I like it afterwards. I know some people like the salt method though.

Aggie

A good detangling conditioner is Cream of Nature but I havent used it in awhile.

Oooops, I forgot about this one. I have it but I haven't used it in a looooong while so I need to revisit using it. Thanks for the reminder. I also use Mizani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto conditioners. Now for leave-in conditioners, I use Cantu Shea Butter Leave in or Profectiv Anti-Tangle leave in for detangling as well:yep:.

ShaniKeys

ORS Replenishing
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Nutrafix
Aubrey Organics GBP
Keracare Humecto

thanks ladies.

I was gonna name those two:ohwell: I've come to realise that the ones that say detangling on the bottle, DON'T detangle at all:perplexed

Ballerina_Bun

Listed in ordered of preference, as in the ones that have detangled the best for ME:

Schwarzkopf Gliss: Liquid Silk or Oil Nutritive ( I always say it will detangle a matted sheep ... this stuff is gold)

Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Kerastase Lait Vital

Mane and Tail Replenishing Conditioner​

... I am sure there are more, I just can not think of them at the moment. There was one by MyHoneyChild, but I can not remember the name. Schwarzkopf Gliss has been the best detangling conditioner for me. It's at the top of my list, even over Kerastase!

Last edited:

RedVelvet310

The products you've listed I'd consider DCs and while dc's are very conditioning, I never really found them to have tons of slip on my natural 4a hair. That's why after I DC I use a cheapie conditioner as a rinse (I LOVE herbal essences hello hydration).. if you're looking for a good detangler consider using a rinse after your dc, they truly work :yep:

TexturedTresses

from my experience the cheapies work well to detangle like vo5 as a final rinse. also, if your dcs don't really detangle you might want to stay with your quality dcs and just use a leave in/detangler. i've found this works better faster.

AtlantaJJ

I add Jojoba, or avocado oil to any conditioner, DC with it and then I get the slip and the detangling benefits.

sqzbly1908

The products you've listed I'd consider DCs and while dc's are very conditioning, I never really found them to have tons of slip on my natural 4a hair. That's why after I DC I use a cheapie conditioner as a rinse (I LOVE herbal essences hello hydration).. if you're looking for a good detangler consider using a rinse after your dc, they truly work :yep:

I am just piggybacking off of Bri - you have some good caliber conditioners. If I don't get that "slip" I will follow up with Nexxus Ensure Detangler (crazy slip) and it is not a "heavy condish" either...

HTH

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have tried all the stuff listed above, but nothing works better for me that

HE LTR
HE Breaks over
HE Hello Hydration

I mean nothing. Kera care left me a tangled mess I'm selling it.
Kenra Pleeeeease:nono::nono:
Aveda made my hair feel coated and tangled
gionvani worked at first then it stopped
AOHR gets a pass barely but its moisturizing

Muse

Even though I'm all about Joico right now I would have to say Kenra MC. It is what I used when I first started transitioning (4b) and it made the tangles between the two textures just melt away. If I had a knot I would put a little extra on it and it would slide apart. Now that I have a better handle on keeping my hair more moisturized I get less tangles so I don't need the super slip but that is what helped get me to this point.

Mizani_Mrs

Are you leaving the conditioner on for at least 1 hr? Do you have dry hair? Both of these were the reasons why my hair was tough to detangle even though i was using great products that worked for everyone else. If this isnt the issue, then i hope you find the right product for you!!!

truthbetold

ORS Replenishing Pak by itself works for me. However you may want to add some coconut oil and a humectant to try to improve the slip.

Last edited: