Type 4 Ladies what do you think about the following "natural based" DC products

rosalindb

There is nothing ... and I mean NOTHING ... better than AO White Camellia. That conditioner literally makes the tangles melt out of my hair.

Oh ... and I'm a 3C in the front, and all 4a in the back.

I agree 100%. That is why I use HSR as a pre-poo now and DC with WC. I'm a 4 a/b. They have just launched it in the UK so I am really happy as the shipping and customs charges were painful

Last edited:

Truth

I'm in love with Giovanni smooth as silk... YESSSSS so in love I use them sparingly cause i dont wanna run out...AO GPB is great as well especially for a light protein fix.. HSR is :lick:..okay just all of AO is :lick: .. I have yet to partake of whatelse Giovanni has to offer...however I must resist at this moment I have enough :lol:

Nonie

I've used the Giovanni line but never tried the Smooth as Silk, but I use both AO HSR and AO GPB and love wuv lub them a lot!

charmtreese

I was using natural products for years with ok to good results. However, when I went back to using products that contained more "synthetic" ingredients my hair took off!!! Currently 98% of my products are from Joico, while this line is not a "natural" line it is a "healthy" hair line with the science to back up the great results!

Vintageglam

Both of those lines are on my product to buy list. I found the other really popular lines (Ors, Mizani, Keracare, etc) have ingredients I dont want on my hair or scalp/skin. I'm looking for truly natural products. Not those that just claim to be SLS free.

Thanks for the reviews!

This is exactly how I feel.....

I've never had success with a very natural deep conditioner.

???

Yeah StellaG:grin:!

You Got a Good List there.:yep:

I also like J/A/S/O/N, Millcreek & Alba Botanica. (those also have some great products in their line-up too:yep:)

I have some Nature's Gate, But I haven't used it yet.

Will look into these brands too, thanks for the rec !

chebaby

i love love love the giovanni deeper moisture and the giovanni nutra fix. they are both staples. ive never tried the giovanni smooth as silk protein but i surely will pick it up this week. i have used up several other conditioners so i can buy this lol.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
The Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner is great. I had a liter of it, and I loved it. Excellent Moisture.

I'm currently testing out the AO GPB and HSR. I'm DC'ing with the GPB now, so we'll see how that goes.

temfash

I love the AO GPB its a good balance of protein and moisture. I also have the HSR but haven't tried it yet too many products to use up :lol:

countrychickd

I absolutely love the HSR! It's my staple deep conditioner for sure. I usually use it with EVOO and honey, and my hair just loves it. I just ordered some WC and I'll report back when I've given it a sufficient chance.

kasey

Hi Ladies,

I'm not trying to be a pusha, but, I saw the Giovanni shampoos and conditioners on sale at Whole Foods for $4.99 each through Jan. 19. It's a good way to buy one or two at a fantastic price without paying shipping or ordering a half dozen or more bottles to meet a threshold for free shipping. I'm in the OP's use up your stash challenge, but I may pick up a bottle of that SAS before the sale is over.

Vintageglam

Hi Ladies,

I'm not trying to be a pusha, but, I saw the Giovanni shampoos and conditioners on sale at Whole Foods for $4.99 each through Jan. 19. It's a good way to buy one or two at a fantastic price without paying shipping or ordering a half dozen or more bottles to meet a threshold for free shipping. I'm in the OP's use up your stash challenge, but I may pick up a bottle of that SAS before the sale is over.

Kasey !!! LOL right now when I saw this post :sekret: :spank:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oh Yeah, Stella, I forgot to mention another Natural Line: Beauty Without Cruelty.

They make a Wonderful Leave-In.:lick: And you also have: Dr. Bronners.

joytimes10

I mix AO HSR and Giovanni SAS w/ honey and evoo for my DC. It never falis to deliver soft moisturized hair. I keep wanting to try AO GPB but I always end up grabbing another bottle of HSR. I wish I could find these in larger sizes. Anyone know where to find bigger bottles w/out breaking the bank. My health food store charges $9.75 for the reg. size :(