U Shaped Wig

TiZi

Hi Ladies and Happy New Year!

I want to make a U Shaped wig (after seeing all of Edise's lovely results). Island Beauty has taken her tutorial off of YouTube. So I need help.

1.) How many ounces/packs of hair do I need (I am going to split the weft)
2.) What is the best type of cap to use?
3.) Do you glue or sew?
4.) Are there other tutorials you have seen?

Thanks so much I will post pictures when I am done.

shantea

1.) How many ounces/packs of hair do I need (I am going to split the weft) I would use 2 packs of hair which equals out to 8 ounces. But if you are going to split the tracks then I guess you could use half of that or maybe a pack and a half to be safe? ! I like my hair to be thick and full so I don't split tracks.
2.) What is the best type of cap to use? If I'm going to take the time to make one of these I'd use a swmming cap because they are more durable and you will be able to reuse it over and over again. :drunk:
3.) Do you glue or sew? I would sew it so I'd be able to reuse it again.
4.) Are there other tutorials you have seen? I saw the island beauty's video but that's it.

I hope that was somewhat helpful good luck !

Tiye

Hi Ladies and Happy New Year!

I want to make a U Shaped wig (after seeing all of Edise's lovely results). Island Beauty has taken her tutorial off of YouTube. So I need help.

1.) How many ounces/packs of hair do I need (I am going to split the weft)

1.5 - 2 packs. I pack usually looks a bit thin even if you split the wefts.

2.) What is the best type of cap to use?

Deluxe net weave cap - the kind they have at any bss/online bss.

3.) Do you glue or sew?

Sew.

4.) Are there other tutorials you have seen?

Ms Chanda makes wigs - and there are plenty others whose names I don't recall. Just use the search tool. You can even use a good quick weave video as your guide if you want - the main difference is that you'll be sewing rather than glueing and using a different type of cap for your base.

Thanks so much I will post pictures when I am done.

*Frisky*

I made a U shape wig..I did a really cheap one just to get the feel for it so I used 1.5 packs of synthetic hair, glue, stocking cap and I sewed wig clips in it instead of sewing it to my head. It turned out really cute.

IntoMyhair

I have been researching this method since this thread was started cause this is right up my alley with school restarting and ease of taking care of my hair.

TiZi

Hello, Sorry for the late response. I did make a u shaped/ 1/2 wig. I am not really sure what to call it as 3/4's of my hair is braided under leaving the sides and front out.
I am at work so I had to take these pictures fast but I will post more when I get home. I did not use real high quality hair. It is human hair (Zury- Wet&Wavy) That I had lying around from a previous style. I used the following tutorial off YT...

YouTube - OhSoExalted's Channel

YouTube - OhSoExalted's Channel

All in all I like it...today it is messy with Bobby pins in a 1/2 up style (I was running late.) but it def is a keeper!:yep:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg