Uh oh, here we go...

naturalgurl

I now see why people lock their fotki's or only let friends comment. I have some pics up of my very different textures. Someone anonymously wrote that one of my textures is texlaxed(well that's the only word they typed in their comment"texlaxed."). Um no. I say I'm all natural in my fotki and they make an anonymous comment like that? I feel it had to be a forum girl. Most people don't use the term texlax, they say semi perm or underprocessed. I know it's no big deal and I'm not bent out of shape about it. It just makes me wonder what was their point(hater or uneducated on hair). Oh well, I just wonder why would someone think I'd texlax my hairline ONLY? SHEESH!

P.S. The mother of a very close friend of mine died this weekend and I went to my fotki to get my mind off of it and see that comment. So if it seems I'm making something over nothing, forgive mek and thanks for letting me vent even if no one read this. :look:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
some people are natural born haters, she wishes she had your textures:yep:. Don't even sweat it.

Sorry about your friend's mom.

blazingthru

I agree, some people have to say something hateful its like laughter to them something you have to do. I had the same thing happen on my video but I just delete it.

naturalgurl

Thanks for the condolences...

Yeah, I guess I was naive thinking no one would hate on me. I thought just the long haird ladies got hated on...wow.

F

FunJoy!

I :heart2:your hair!!! Who ever made that comment is just a hater because your hair is obviously natural, it doesn't take a hair degree to know that. Girl, its okay as long as you know your hair is fly, that person probably has only 1/4 of the pretty hair you have, don't sweat it. :sneakyhug:

HAVE MY SYMPATHY!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Wow, people can be uber rude especially when they can post anonymous.:nono: I think your hair is gorgeous. They're drinking haterade.:rolleyes:

silvergirl

ive had things said about my growth and my texture. but i "try" not to let those few comments overshadow the 100's of other good comments i get.

mscocoface

Hang in there, I know we have all had one or two negative comments before. I know others have locked there fotkis because of people stealing their photos to use as advertisements.

I am sooo bummed that that has happened to one of my top 3 favorites. Kemi21. I don't know when or if she will ever open her fotki again :ohwell:

Sonce if you are in here one day, just know that you are sorely missed!:yep:

naturalgurl

I'm not locking my fotki either. I guess my bummed mood made it more than what it really is. Thanks girls for the kind words. My mother always said I wear rose colored glasses and think that everyone is so sweet. I know better than that, it's just when people prove themselves to be the ugly being they can be, it makes me sad...

Going to bed to shake off this bad feeling...(not from the fotki, I really could care less, just not today...)

Bigghair

As long as you know your hair is natural don't worry about it. It really does show ignorance for people to make these comments because the texture of natural hair looks different with different styling methods or different products used. Some people think that if your hair looks curly in some pictures and bushy in others that you must have texlaxed on the curly ones. People are very uninformed about this issue. It is a shame that the person didn't just ask a question instead of anonymously making ignorant comments.

Last edited:

shae101s

Girl as long as you know the truth, who cares what they think!!! I love your hair! So let them hate! And lol at them only referring it to your hairline! WOW!! People are getting out of hand

clever

Yeah folks kill me with the behing the scenes "texture" comments.Folks also pm and try to to tell me I'm relaxed all the time :lachen:

eta:just wait until the freaks start commenting.....

NikStarrr

It's called "too much time on one's hands"--these anonymous fotki posters. Delete the comment and don't give it a second thought. :)

Lucky's Mom

I now see why people lock their fotki's or only let friends comment. I have some pics up of my very different textures. Someone anonymously wrote that one of my textures is texlaxed(well that's the only word they typed in their comment"texlaxed."). Um no. I say I'm all natural in my fotki and they make an anonymous comment like that? I feel it had to be a forum girl. Most people don't use the term texlax, they say semi perm or underprocessed. I know it's no big deal and I'm not bent out of shape about it. It just makes me wonder what was their point(hater or uneducated on hair). Oh well, I just wonder why would someone think I'd texlax my hairline ONLY? SHEESH!

P.S. The mother of a very close friend of mine died this weekend and I went to my fotki to get my mind off of it and see that comment. So if it seems I'm making something over nothing, forgive mek and thanks for letting me vent even if no one read this. :look:

Baby Sis - I am so sorry for your looss and the drama....

You don't see a link to my fotki any more..... with good reason.....:sad:

supermodelsonya

I saw something like this on the other hair board because a member there changed her hair color. Stuff like that makes me want to lock my fotki.

Why in the world would you lie about being natural is what I don't understand.

Yeah, it was someone on the hair boards 9 times out of 10. So *** em! I'd love to see what their hair looks like.

Lucky's Mom

I saw something like this on the other hair board because a member there changed her hair color. Stuff like that makes me want to lock my fotki.

Why in the world would you lie about being natural is what I don't understand.

Yeah, it was someone on the hair boards 9 times out of 10. So *** em! I'd love to see what their hair looks like.

Like I said... I just closed mine. Forget it....

DanaDane

I'm very new to the fotki thing and relatively new to the entire hair board thing overall (been here since June). I don't have comments enabled b/c I am too busy to get back with people or answer questions, but reading about negative comments made me do a search for similar threads . . .

And wow--, people can be so rude. I can only speak for myself, I know, but I would assume most people put up public fotkis b/c it is nice and helpful to share progress, techniques (whether they worked or not), nice pics, etc. It seems so nasty to the individual fotki member but also a big "*** ***" to the whole hair community since it might drive someone to lock or delete it all together. How immature.

OP your hair is beautiful.

Leesh

Girl, Because You are fabulous, Beautiful face, Fantabulous hair, If they had nothing better to say they should have moved on about there business, up outta "YOUR" Fotki!
hence the word "YOUR"!

Nonie

Natural gurl, I feel you. I don't like to be lied to, but worse than that, I loathe to be accused of lying when I'm not. So I don't think you were making a big deal out of nothing. What happened to "If you say something nice to say, say nothing at all"? At least not to the person anyway. :look:

Lynnerie

Nothing ceases to amaze me. People are so bold but yet still punks on the internet. Making an anonymous comment and its clear that you are natural? How lame is that?

GabbanaGirl

I agree with everyone! You know you are natural, and that is all that matters! I pray for folks like that! You have gorgeous hair by the way my fellow mixtress/ingredient junkie :D