UK School to Put Witchcraft & Druids on Religious Education Syllabus

JeterCrazed

Health&hair28 said:
What?

That was from the bible. I did not make that up.

:lol: Ok. :lol: I didn't say you made it up. :lol:

Lemme go back. When there was no Jesus, no bible, all souls were what?

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

JeterCrazed

Iwanthealthyhair67 said:
Jesus is 'the' Amen and there is nothing pagan about Him, we are obviously not in agreement here, so be it...no pun intended.

:lol: at the pun that was not intended. I couldn't help it. :giggle:

Rainbow Dash

Jeter,

Why agree with darkness?

Praying that the eyes of your understanding be enlightened, and that the scales be removed and that you will come to know the only True and Living God through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

Iwanthealthyhair67 said:
Horace was a false god.

Ok.... You brought him up. I'm waiting for you to elaborate on your point.
You said you knew where this was going and I don't know how Horace has anything to do with Amen, so help me out and fill me in.

Iwanthealthyhair67

If it's not Horace then it's some other false god...

Ok.... You brought him up. I'm waiting for you to elaborate on your point.
You said you knew where this was going and I don't know how Horace has anything to do with Amen, so help me out and fill me in.

auparavant

Christ is pre-figured in many of the worlds religions, from long before christianity. Interesting to note, many rituals were once condemned by the church and forbidden as paganism until later removed because the focus of the pagan worship was removed and it was no longer commonly held as anti-christian. For example, sausage-making/eating. Yep. It was once forbidden and considered a mortal sin because of it's origins. Now, it's ok. You have to look at what is. Perhaps easter to some is bunny rabbits and eggs but in my Church, it begins with the Mass...well, it begins with the sacrifice of Jesus. That is not worshipping anything anti-church. In fact, it's a required holy day of obligational worship and you should receive the eucharist in thanksgiving. Every mass is eucharistic worship - thanksgiving.

There's symbolism everywhere and G-d allowed the pre-figured expressions of man all over the world and at one specific time, the revelation directly from G-d was made. There is a truth in all religions but there is the revelation of truth at Sinai and of the second covenant, the completion. Christmas trees today are not pagan idolatry but have christian meaning. If we were to chuck everything natural on earth as origin in idolatry, then christians would be wrong today to consume veal and even a cheeseburger. Fence laws would have made that impossible to avoid paganism.

JeterCrazed

auparavant said:
Christ is pre-figured in many of the worlds religions, from long before christianity. Interesting to note, many rituals were once condemned by the church and forbidden as paganism until later removed because the focus of the pagan worship was removed and it was no longer commonly held as anti-christian. For example, sausage-making/eating. Yep. It was once forbidden and considered a mortal sin because of it's origins. Now, it's ok. You have to look at what is. Perhaps easter to some is bunny rabbits and eggs but in my Church, it begins with the Mass...well, it begins with the sacrifice of Jesus. That is not worshipping anything anti-church. In fact, it's a required holy day of obligational worship and you should receive the eucharist in thanksgiving. Every mass is eucharistic worship - thanksgiving.

There's symbolism everywhere and G-d allowed the pre-figured expressions of man all over the world and at one specific time, the revelation directly from G-d was made. There is a truth in all religions but there is the revelation of truth at Sinai and of the second covenant, the completion. Christmas trees today are not pagan idolatry but have christian meaning. If we were to chuck everything natural on earth as origin in idolatry, then christians would be wrong today to consume veal and even a cheeseburger. Fence laws would have made that impossible to avoid paganism.

The above is what I would like to call "the point."

ETA: Colombians still make blood sausage. I believe the Germans (correct me if I'm wrong) make a sausage made from human blood. Both pagan origin :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Christ is pre-figured in many of the worlds religions, from long before christianity. Interesting to note, many rituals were once condemned by the church and forbidden as paganism until later removed because the focus of the pagan worship was removed and it was no longer commonly held as anti-christian. For example, sausage-making/eating. Yep. It was once forbidden and considered a mortal sin because of it's origins. Now, it's ok. You have to look at what is.

Perhaps easter to some is bunny rabbits and eggs

but in my Church, it begins with the Mass...well, it begins with the sacrifice of Jesus.

That is not worshipping anything anti-church. In fact, it's a required holy day of obligational worship and you should receive the eucharist in thanksgiving.

Every mass is eucharistic worship - thanksgiving.

Thank you for the bolded... very much. Honouring the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ makes Easter (Resurrection Sunday) a day of worship and honour unto God for fulfilling His promise to give us a Saviour.

JeterCrazed

Shimmie said:
Thank you for the bolded... very much. Honouring the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ makes Easter (Resurrection Sunday) a day of worship and honour unto God for fulfilling His promise to give us a Saviour.

Which does NOT change the pagan origin.

auparavant

Circumcision has a non-HaShem/Christian G-d origin. That's why He used it, it was in existence for 2,000 prior or something like that? He used what was familiar and reformed it to mean total adherence to His revealed laws. But even Abraham was circumcized...and he was from Ur as the first Hebrew "E-ver (from beyond)" and was told to circumcize his son. So, is circumcision wrong now? No.

auparavant

The above is what I would like to call "the point."

ETA: Colombians still make blood sausage. I believe the Germans (correct me if I'm wrong) make a sausage made from human blood. Both pagan origin :yep:

Kinda missing the point from ??? whoever posted about Christmas/Easter as non-mandated holidays. Well, whatever is bound on earth is bound in heaven since the keys to the kingdom were given to the Church - the first pope, St. Peter, the apostle. So, whatever they rule is the rule in heaven. It's not pagan now. Doesn't matter if "pagan" origin. And what does pagan mean? There's my point. We all start somewhere.

JeterCrazed

auparavant said:
Kinda missing the point from ??? whoever posted about Christmas/Easter as non-mandated holidays. Well, whatever is bound on earth is bound in heaven since the keys to the kingdom were given to the Church - the first pope, St. Peter, the apostle. So, whatever they rule is the rule in heaven. It's not pagan now. Doesn't matter if "pagan" origin. And what does pagan mean? There's my point. We all start somewhere.
All your points are valid 100%, but...
Did you look at the sign on the door?
Did you read the whole thread?
My point was that Christianity started somewhere so it's origins, which happen to be pagan, SHOULD be taught in the class. Others are denying that Christianity has anything to do with paganism, which is NOT true.

JeterCrazed

auparavant said:
Circumcision has a non-HaShem/Christian G-d origin. That's why He used it, it was in existence for 2,000 prior or something like that? He used what was familiar and reformed it to mean total adherence to His revealed laws. But even Abraham was circumcized...and he was from Ur as the first Hebrew "E-ver (from beyond)" and was told to circumcize his son. So, is circumcision wrong now? No.

I'm not going to argue right or wrong. That is one place I do not tread. Other than that,

PREACH!!!!

Rainbow Dash

One thing is sure. God does not borrow anything from mankind.

He is the Creator.

The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it. Psalm 24:1

for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." 1 Corinthians 10:26

Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me. Job 41:11

Man chose to follow his own way and hold his own truth in unrighteousness.

Romans 1:18-21

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rainbow Dash

Christ was always here.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Remember in Genesis...God said "Let Us make man in Our image and in our likeness.

Col 1:16 For by him [Christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

JeterCrazed

Christ was always here.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Remember in Genesis...God said "Let Us make man in Our image and in our likeness.

Col 1:16 For by him [Christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Christ and Christianity are NOT the same. Period.

Rainbow Dash

Christ and Christianity are NOT the same. Period.

NOT TRUE...Christian means follower of CHRIST.

Christians are those who have asked Christ to become Lord and Savior and made a decision to live for Him. Period.

We can only become Christians (saved by His grace) through CHRIST. Period

There is no other way.

JeterCrazed

NOT TRUE...Christian means follower of CHRIST.

Christians are those who have asked Christ to become Lord and Savior and made a decision to live for Him. Period.

We can only become Christians (saved by His grace) through CHRIST. Period

There is no other way.

So people knew Christ BEFORE the Bible's existence and before the prophesy? :look:

ETA: Knew him as in knew his teachings (to be clear)

Crown

I mentioned it upthread. Vampires have always had connection to Christianity. How do you kill a vampire? What was the church's role in Dracula?

Sorry, but I still don't understand the relation between Twilight and Christian agenda that you are referring.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Twilight is about exorcism or casting out so called demons.

Is not Twilight about the world of vampires and werewolves?

Where is the Christian part in Twilight?

Rainbow Dash

So people knew Christ BEFORE the Bible's existence and before the prophesy? :look:

ETA: Knew him as in knew his teachings (to be clear)

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. Rom 1:20

JeterCrazed

Sorry, but I still don't understand the relation between Twilight and Christian agenda that you are referring.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Twilight is about exorcism or casting out so called demons.

There IS casting out demons in the movie. Yes. They prevent vampires from demonizing others.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

It's totally non-existant... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Part of me just wants to cry about this extreme theology. I just don't know what / how these vampire concepts and paganistic roots to Christianity can be so real to someone. I..I... I ... :nono:

JeterCrazed

It's totally non-existant... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Part of me just wants to cry about this extreme theology. I just don't know what / how these vampire concepts and paganistic roots to Christianity can be so real to someone. I..I... I ... :nono:

So you finally watched the movie...

JeterCrazed

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. Rom 1:20

That was a "yes"/ "no" question. Did people know the Teachings of Christ before Christ's existence?