UPDATE!!!! VERY PIC HEAVY!!!!!!!PICS*PICS*PICS*

ksimmi82

Hey guys!!... Just wanted to give you a quick update on my hair. The last time I straightened it was this past June for a trim and length check, and this week officially marked my one year of “healthy hair” practices!” I’m really happy about the progress I have made and I just wanted to share a little bit of it with you guys. I’m forever thankful for all the knowledge that I have obtained by being a part of such a loving hair community, what I have learned this past year is truly invaluable. I have pics dating back from Oct 09 when I first started my healthy hair journey to today (10/15/10).
I washed my hair with Mane N’ Tail shampoo, deep conditioned with silk elements moisturizing olive oil conditioner with heat for 1 hour, blow-dried my hair with a comb attachment then flat-ironed my hair with my tool science flat iron. I plan on giving myself a much needed trim once I have reached my goal of waist length. Afterwards, I did a silk wrap then placed my hair in bantu knots for slight waves in the morning. Thank you once again…stay blessed!
I have included some texture shots and a few pics of my wash n’ go…not sure of my texture, my hair is truly bi-polar but I think I have some 3-something in my crown area and 4-something along my nape and edges
(sorry so big)

oct/09, start of journey

june/10, texture shot

june/10

oct/10

10/15/10 freshly washed

conditioner

what I lost detangling

blow-dried

flat-ironed

Last edited:

Grand Prix

Your hair is so pretty and you've had such great progress in just a year! I can't wait to be where you are, keep it up!