Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Session II

[USER=201692 said:
Evallusion[/USER];13940931]I tried the herbal leave in already and it was ok. Its nothing in comparison to my Enso flaxseed spray...love that stuff.

Sent from my Android, please excuse any typos.

What herbal leave in did you try? Forgive me if you posted this already. Sometimes I loose track of who said what.

[USER=307333 said:
BreeNique[/USER];13941767]Well, for better or for worse, Elasta QP Mango Butter is almost gone.
That means I'll be out a moisturizer. Gotta re-purchase!! Any suggestions for a good moisturizer???????

aaand I'm digging the Carol's Daughter Hair Balm I was hating on earlier. It's a pretty solid product, and it's giving my coconut oil a much-deserved rest.

The hair balm, is that the thick creamy that has a lot of different oils in it? I used something like that. It was great for pressing my hair :look:

The hair balm, is that the thick creamy that has a lot of different oils in it? I used something like that. It was great for pressing my hair :look:

Yes, that's the one! Thoughts? It does what I need it to do (moisturize really well), but I can def go for something lighter.

Ladies? Suggestions?

Just a few more uses and one bottle of my Bee Mine will be gone along with my Elasta QP moisturizer. I should be getting my install done in 2 weeks or so so that's more than enough time to kill the bottles off.

[USER=307333 said:
BreeNique[/USER];13944735]Yes, that's the one! Thoughts? It does what I need it to do (moisturize really well), but I can def go for something lighter.

Ladies? Suggestions?

I have been really loving Sally GVP brand Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" leave in for 1 lt (33.2oz) @ $10 you cant bet it. When I use this it is under a light oil or butter. My niece loves it too because it really makes her new growth lay down.

I purchased the Terressentials Lemon Mud Shampoo today. Can' wait until it comes. Watched some yt videos last night and liked what I saw. But if it works like it did for others, lots of my products will be going in the trash "swoosh".

Don't plan on using it until the end of August, around the holiday. So will still keep using products up in the meantime.

:grin: Nexxus Emergencee and Mane ‘n Tail Detangler gone!
Focusing on to get rid of at the moment, expect these to drop off within the nxt 8 wks :yep:

Shampoo (All are staples, wont change unless I cant find my CON once I run out)
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling Shampoo
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship (staple)
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner

ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (staple)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
Aussie 3 min miracle (2)
LeKair Cholesterol Plus (Will repurchase once I am done with the Protein DC mixture)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell) (2) (staple)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector (5)(staple)
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist
African Royale BRX Braid & Extentsions Spray
Infusium 23 Repair & Renew Leave-In Treatment

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
Coconut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi Powder
Indigo Powder
Henna Powder (4)

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard-----TRASH:nono:
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee (I really liked this I will def. repurchase)

Last edited:
I have my hair in mini twists right now. I really need a moisturizer that is easy to apply, moisturizes and leaves my twist intact. I'm just not sure what I want to try next.

Sta Sof Fro
Shea Moisture Mist
14 in 1

I dunno :perplexed: - I'm tired of trying products. I wish I could get rid of that AOHSR :lol:

faithVA, this is what you got in your stash already?

I have been really loving Sally GVP brand Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" leave in for 1 lt (33.2oz) @ $10 you cant bet it. When I use this it is under a light oil or butter. My niece loves it too because it really makes her new growth lay down.

The blue stuff?

I used up another bottle of suave conditioner down to one, then u bought another but was AO...oops, and used up my homemade leave time to take my bear fruits leave in out the freezer lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just wrote in the random topic thread:

combined kenra platinum and alter ego garlic gone YES

using my esencia shampoo as body wash. It works really well and doesnt make the skin dry.

Trying to find what to do with my silk amino acids. Someone give me suggestions

Returning my cantu shea butter leave-in to the store will only repurchase when I run out of already relaxed hair protectants. Doesnt make any sense to have something sitting here for months. I really wanted to like it as a leave-in but it made my hair hard.

Now to find something to do with these combs I dont use

Ok. Haven't been here since my last post. But I've finally found a way to get rid of this extra stuff. I'm giving my cousin as much of this stuff as she's willing to take. Hopefully that's the aphogee deep moisture shampoo, kemi oil, garnier 3 minute undo, Elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair, some curlers, and some wonder 8 oil cream leave in. I'm gonna use the silk infusion with a little oil to seal my ends and length and to soften up my new growth. Also gonna add a little to my leave in mix and use some on my sister. The handle on my hooded dryer is squeaking so I'll be sure to put it there too. Seriously lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

UDATES, and redefined goals!!

<3
So here is my original stash (these 2 pics ar my old stash)
160ynnp.jpg

21oww9e.jpg

and below is my staash now...it looks kidna the same, but note the missing::

(HE LTR, ORGANIX CONDITIONER IN BLUE BOTTLE, ORGANIX CONDITIONER IN WHITE BOTTLE, ORGANIX POMEGRANATE (DARK RED) BOTTLE, CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN, NEUTROGENA TRIPLE MOISTURE MASQUE, SEVERAL CREME OF NATURE ARGAN OIL CONDITIONING PACKETS)

-terribe brush is gone!
-other terrible brush (double-sided, not pictured) is gone!

here's whats added::
(ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR REPLENISHING CONDITIONER (my new mild protien!), KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY detangler, I made a leave-in/ detangler with conditioner, water, and extra virgin olive oil. hardly ever use it, with my KCKT now!!)

So basically, i'm figuring out what works for me, not so much focused on using everything up as I am on using it correctly. The little bottles (Fekkai Glossing shampoo and conditioner, CHI Infra Treatment conditioner (in small squirt bottle) have Sulfates in them, so i'm considering throwing them out, or at least using the mup quickly. thoughts on what i should do with them??

2vxep9v.jpg

This was my goal stash, the ideal size, with a shampoo, clarifying shampoo, protectant for when i wear my hair straight, deep conditioner, conditioner, moisturizer, and sealant. It's quite lofty and not impossible, but I'm not sure if it's the best thing. For now, I'll consider the battle won with my one bucket of hair stuff, and I'll keep looking to cut down.

My goal stash size, when I started out.
208a00m.jpg

Last edited:
I used up a tub of Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing deep conditioner.

Slow and steady for me :)

Gonna be doing a Henna soon so more product use coming up......

Proud of myself.

Okay got my Henna ready for tomorrow. Why not right?

Used up:

One bag of Nupur Henna
One bag of Hibiscus
Vatika Oil :(
and 2 tea bags :giggle:

HUH, Will mix up my indigo tomorrow

I used up a tub of Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing deep conditioner.

Slow and steady for me :)

Gonna be doing a Henna soon so more product use coming up......

Proud of myself.

This is what im planning to happen also.

I haven't used up anything lately since I have been in cornrows. I may take them out next week to change it up a bit. Not sure yet. I'm really enjoying the break from my hair.

I BC'd over the weekend! YEAH! So I have about 1-3" of hair. Need to go back thru and clip some straight ends. So I treated myself to ummm some products, Silk dreams by Supergirl. I can see how I will be using up my stash a lot quicker now, I also feel this will help really figure out my staples. I think I will develop a plan of attack to see whats working, so I'm going to try to use up my Bear Fruit in the couple weeks. Oh, I did give, and toss some stuff so let me update....

I'm reached a slump where most of my products are new and since I am wiggin' it, its gonna be a while before I use them up...

Hoping to finish my partially used products by the end of this session:
John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner
Enso Naturals Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist
Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner
Miss Jessie's Curly Merengue
Oyin HoneyWash
Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
Enso Naturals Sweet Honey & Olive Nourishing Pomade
Hollywood Beauty Tea Trea Cholesterol
Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum

MY UPDATED STASH: RED = GONE

Shampoos
Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl
Suave Tropical Coconut
Oyin HoneyWash

Conditioners
Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme
Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner
John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner

Deep Conditioners
Enso Naturals Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Treatment
Hollywood Beauty Tea Trea Cholesterol

Leave Ins/Mosturizers
Enso Naturals Sweet Honey Hibiscus Leave-In Conditioner
Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner
Enso Naturals Olive & Honey Hydrating Hair Butter
Enso Naturals Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream
Enso Naturals Aloe & Marshmallow Moisturizing Hair Milk
Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion
Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream x2 (1 gone)
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

Mists/Sprays
Enso Naturals Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist
Enso Naturals Sweet Agave Nectar & Flaxseed Daily Protective Mist
Pink Short Looks SassAFraz Styling Spray

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Softening Serum
Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum
Coconut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Castor Oil
Olive Butter
Rosemary EO

Styling products/Miscellaneous
Enso Naturals Sweet Honey & Olive Nourishing Pomade
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding x2
Miss Jessie's Curly Merengue
Eco Syler Gel (pink)
ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray
Vigorol Olive Oil Mousse
Dove Heat Defense
Softee Indian Hemp Hair Grease

- Shampoos: Aphogee Deep Moisture, Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair-
- Conditioners:v05 Moisture Milks in Passionfruit or something, v05 Tea Therapy in something purple lol
Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave in (hate it!)
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
Aphogee 2 min (i like it but I need something heavier cuz of this bleach)
Garnier 3 minute undo dryness (hate it)
Aussie Moist 3 min (its great as a filler to add to my DCs
Elasta QP Intense Conditioning (want to replace it with a protein conditioner)
taliah Waajid PMB (ehh. it was great at first, now it leaves my hair feeling weird but its not bad on freshly cowashed/washed hair)
- Deep Conditioners: Silk Elements MegaSilk original (i like it but im open to new things)
- Leave Ins/Moisturizers: Bear Fruit Hair Desert LI/M (going back to my ORS Olive Oil in a bottle mixed with yummy oils), Nexxus Humectress mixture
- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters: Jojoba (whats the big deal with this? its too light for my needs), Hairveda Vatika Frosting (love it but the graininess makes me wonder why Im paying $12 for glorified low quality coconut oil)
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products: I plan to integrate henna into my slowly forming reggie. So for now, nothing
- Styling products: Lets Jam (one is blue and stiff, one is pink and has a jelly feel) but I may just toss them or give them to my cousin
- Other: CHI Silk Infusion (again, whats the big deal? willing to swap/sell if anyone wants it. Its the bigger one but it isnt completely full. more than half is left. pm me if you wanna do a lil biz-nass :grin:
Kemi oil (hate the smell, makes me sick)

Along with rollers, clear ecostyler gel, a teasing brush (why do i have one of those??), weave bonding remover, and garnier gel, the stuff in red is packed and ready to go to my cousins house

And I just finished off the Taaliah Waajid PMB and my Aussie 3 minute condish. I'm on a roll! Lol. The Vatika Frosting should be gone by this time next week

Used up the last of my braid shampoo. And I am switching over the the Terresentials mud shampoo sometime this month. I have put my questionable products in a give-away box. I hate to throw all this stuff away so I hope I can find a good home. But if I really like this shampoo all of this stuff will get tossed.

So whats in the box
1. Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo (still like it)
2. Suave coconut conditioner
3. Olive oil eco styler gel
4. Murrays Loc and Lock
5. Cantu Shea Butter Leave in
6. Cantu Shea Treatment
7. Aphogee 2 minute
8. Some cheap gel I got from the dollar store
9. 2 boxes of color
10. A jar of wax

Not sure what else. So going to update my list and add a boxed section to it and just work on using up what isn't in the box.

I bought some more Nexxus Emergencee today but I dont wanna add it back to my list.....shhh dont tell anybody.

I promise not to use the new bottle until I get done with using my Protein DC mixture first.

Last edited:
hello ladies! happy to report that I've been doing great so far in part II of the challenge:grin:. have managed to make the following progress:
- down to 1 bottle of GVP generic biolage (had 4 when challenge started)
- no more carols daughter hair butter (admittedly gave that away)
- also gave away what was left of Knot Today and Curl Custurd along with Curlis Curl Milkshake, Gel and butter! :yep: so happy about those because i really don't care for them and could not see myself using again
- 1 container (started with 2) of african black soap
- down considerably in the essenial oils supply - not enough to have to re-up tho
- just a quarter of YES to carrots condish remains
-finished off a bottle of kenra mc

still loving this challenge!!:rolleyes:

Back