Vaseline Is Amazing!!!!!!!!

TCatt86

I thought that was only if you were applying it to your scalp. I should think that applying it to the ends of your hair is fine.

Yeah that's what I thought too, something about it clogging the pores but being fine to use on the ends of the hair.

mahogany_horizons

I was just talking to a coworker the other day and asking her about her hair. She is fifty-ish with natural hair and wears it straight. I have never seen her puff up so I asked her how does she keep it so straight and she says she uses a hair dryer with a pic and then brushes vaseline into her hair. Her hir is always soft and silky. I think her texture is 3c,4a.

WOW. That does sound amazing. I would like to try!

mahogany_horizons

.....off to Dollar General :yep:

LOL...I just bought a bunch of vaseleine to base my scalp with for my relaxer in 4 weeks.

I AM MAD, MAD, MAD lol mad mad mad THAT I have already washed my hair. I would loved to have tried this after moisturizing my hair to seal my ends!! Just to see how it worked.

I would have melted some down in the microwave.

i AM looking for a better sealer than my oil/moisturising cream in the winter months.

fluffylocks

I love it too.

Products that i've tried w/vasaline (pressing oil before ironing, grease on ends or hair while airdrying or for the night) makes my hair feel like I've put WGO on it, ...in other words it feels very smooth and moisturized.

Studio_gal

Do you all remember Royal Crown?

That stuff used to make my hair feel great. It was basically vaseline, with some castor oil and a nice scent.
You all are making me want to revisit it.

SparklingFlame

Do you all remember Royal Crown?

That stuff used to make my hair feel great. It was basically vaseline, with some castor oil and a nice scent.
You all are making me want to revisit it.
Thats all my cousin uses on all 3 of her DD's hair and all of them has hair to mid back and its GORGEOUS!!!!

lilsparkle825

bump. lol

the only concern i have is that it would make my straightened hair less-than-lightweight, but i don't see this being a problem on my daily pony puffs.