Vitamin Challenge 2013

TheVioletVee

Supplements:

Adults' Gummy Multivitamin
Horsetail Grass 440 mg (source of silica)
MSM 3000 mg
Biotin 3000 mg

I'm taking those once a day. I plan to take these at least until May or so.

IMG_20121114_232900-1.jpg

IMG_20121114_224252.jpg

londonfog

I finally got my MSM at CVS before the sale ended along w/ the 5000mcg Biotin capsules so that I’m not taking five 1000mcg tablets every day. :cry2: I’ve been keeping up w/ my vitamins over the weekend also even though I left my multi-vitamin in my desk at work. So checking in w/ 5000mcg of Biotin, liquid B-complex, Vitamin C & MSM for the last 2 days.

DominicanBrazilian82

I got a thickness compliment yesterday! My girlfriend told me my hair was making her jealous (she recently cut her hair very short). I've noticed how well my hair frames my face and how much weight it's gained :drunk:

I owe this to me taking vitamins every day faithfully since June 1. I think my new liquid vitamin (Mineral Rich) has added to my hair's overall health and growth; however, its definitely the old faithfuls that got me here (MSM, Biotin, HNS, Bamboo).

image-1725242351.jpg

Last edited:

londonfog

I took 5000mcg biotin, Multi, 1000mg C, 1000mg MSM, B-complex this morning w/ breakfast since I knew that I would be getting on the treadmill for lunch. I’ve been working on the foods that I eat to incorporate more of the vitamins that are needed daily so that I can drop down on the amount that I’m taking per day. My goal is to only take the Multi every other day instead of every day. I found that the MSM is something that I actually need for joints as well since I had sports knee injuries back in the day & started back to running. Go figure that it helps hair & knees too!!

naturalagain2

I've been doing bad over the past few weeks since I ran out of my multi-vitamins. I'm going to get some more this weekend and get back on track.

freckledface

Bought a new biotin 10,000mcg. It's made by Natrol. I got it at Wal-mart. I've never seen that brand before but I only have to take it once a day so that sold me. Well see how this goes. Is it B complex or B-12 that help the biotin absorb?

deedoswell

Bought a new biotin 10,000mcg. It's made by Natrol. I got it at Wal-mart. I've never seen that brand before but I only have to take it once a day so that sold me. Well see how this goes. Is it B complex or B-12 that help the biotin absorb?

I have used Natrol before - but not the biotin. It is a good brand. I'm not sure if it is Bcomplex or B12 - I'd like to know too!! I thought it was Bcomplex but not sure.

SincerelyBeautiful

freckledface said:

Now that its being mentioned I don't remember which one helps biotin absorb but I thought it was B12. Now I'm confuses lol

SEMO

I'm currently taking:

GNC hair, skin & nails vitamin
Iron (18mg/100% RDA)
Saw palmetto/pygeum/pumpkin seed oil (to block DHT)

I've been taking the GNC since September and just recently added the others. But all this talk about Viviscal has me considering switching to that, once my current stash runs out, or just adding it to my routine.

BraunSugar

I've started using Safeway brand One Daily Daily Energy Support multivitamins. They are comparable to One-A-Day Energy vitamins. I don't really feel much of an energy boost when I take them, but that's fine. Everything else is still the same. Still using the Puritan's Pride MSM, Natrol Biotin, and Spring Valley Iron 65mg.

londonfog

B12 is actually already in the B Complex so I don't think it would hurt to just do the B Complex. The B Complex that I take is liquid & has 1,200 mcg B-12 in it.

londonfog

I took my vitamins w/ breakfast this morning. I’m going to add on another 1,000mg of the MSM in about 2-3 weeks then another 1,000 a couple weeks after that.

Lita

Just ate breakfrest & blended a glass of Acai berries in my blend I put MSM powder & 3drops bamboo silica,took 1 multi,1 mag caps,2 HO caps..

Lunch Time-Take 1 borage oil 1000mg

Dinner-1 HO,1mag,1 Ayurvedic tab,MR & blend a glass of veggies in blend put MSM powder & 3drops bamboo silica..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

deedoswell

Checking in! Taking all my vits and drinking plenty of water! Question: how much MSM do you ladies take? Right now I take 1,000 mcg. I know it aids the hair but I'm having problems with my knees after exercise so just curious if I need to up it.

londonfog

Checking in! Taking all my vits and drinking plenty of water! Question: how much MSM do you ladies take? Right now I take 1,000 mcg. I know it aids the hair but I'm having problems with my knees after exercise so just curious if I need to up it.

I just started & have only been taking 1,000 too because I read online that I should gradually build up if I don't know how my stomach will handle it. I've been really itching to build up now for the same reason, my knees. I have a knee brace on now just to walk. In a couple of weeks I wanted to go up to 2,000 & then 3,000 eventually. I don't know how much is recommended for joints though. I may boost up sooner.

TheVioletVee

I'm taking 3,000 mcg. I started taking it in April at 1,000 mcg. I just realized about a month ago that I might need to take more to see better effects; so that's when I started adding more to my regimen.