Vitamin/Supplements 2014

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva
I take my regular healthy daily vitamins (turmeric +cherry tart+ DMAE)+bamboo+bcomplex+ Manetabolism right now.

Before the manetabolism, I took prenatal+vitamin C+ bamboo +biotin+bcomplex +horsetail or marine collagen

yaya24

What's the 30 second version of the benefit of the tumeric, cherry tart, and Dmae supplement, or a link? TIA

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

loulou82

Ladies i have a few questions regarding Bamboo Extract.

How much are you taking daily?
What brand of Bamboo Extract are you taking?
How often do you take it?
When did you start noticing results on your hair and any other benefits you have received?

I am looking to order Swanson Brand 2 bottles. I need some help with my knees, skin and hair shedding. Help a sister out and share the pros and cons of your experience with Bamboo Extract.

Anyone else with experience feel free to chime in.

Thanks

PureSilver

I've fallen off my vitamin reggie so hard over the last 2 months that I cannot accurately judge how well Bamboo helped me. I took Solary Bamboo, 1 capsule, 300 mg.

I recently started back up... again :)look:) and hope to remain consistent for the rest of the year.

ETA: It was 2 months and 1 day since I last took my vitamins. Back on the horse since 4/25... checking in!

Last edited:

loulou82

Updating April 25- May 5. No missed days.

I've ordered some bamboo tea and starting drinking green tea and a mix of horsetail, nettle and burdock root tea as of May 3.

loulou82

Checking in May 4- May 9. No missed days.

My regimen is set for the rest of the year. I'm not adding or taking away anything.

PureSilver

Missed today but i'll be getting my

Maxi Hair
Bamboo
Bee Pollen tomorrow and i'm very excited.

I'll be back on track tomorrow and i can only see good growth from here onward.

jprayze

Just started these for 30 days on Friday. I bought the gummies. I saved the receipt, but I didn't take pics so hopefully I can determine a difference.

Well I'm all done my natures bounty HSN gummies...it didn't last me quite 30 days bec taste the bottle said take 2 once or twice and sometimes I just opted for twice. The gummies were mostly just biotin. I've taken biotin before with no results but it wasn't a high dosage. My nails don't feel stronger. No changes in my skin and I didn't measure my hair.

I'm thinking 60 days would be a better time period...however the manufacturers stated 30 days or money back. So I'm will be getting money back :)

BFeathers

@PureSilver, I was taking the KAL Brand Silica Plus. I purchased from Vitacost, 90 vegetarian tablets for $10.99. I actually like this brand I was taking 2 pills/day for 45days. Within weeks I noticed my nails getting stronger, skin gradually started improving. I can't say that I got a lot of crazy growth because I only took them for 45days but once I finished the bottle, I noticed my hair started to even out, most of the short hairs caught up with the longer hairs. I'm sure if I had continued to take them I would have gotten better results.

Can you post a pic of what these look like? I'm wanting to try more supplements but there are VERY little pictures of the actual pills online. People don't post them and the companies don't show an actual size picture or a picture of them out of the bottle

I'm not interested in taking a Women's One A Day horsepill. It took me forever to get a glance at the Hairfinity ones because people don't show the pills just the bottle and those are too damn big too.

jprayze

Can you post a pic of what these look like? I'm wanting to try more supplements but there are VERY little pictures of the actual pills online. People don't post them and the companies don't show an actual size picture or a picture of them out of the bottle I'm not interested in taking a Women's One A Day horsepill. It took me forever to get a glance at the Hairfinity ones because people don't show the pills just the bottle and those are too damn big too.

Thank you for mentioning hairfinity is a big pill. I hate big pills!

PureSilver

I've not checked in for a while now. I have an updated list of vits that i am currently taking.

Finally got my Bamboo and Maxi Hair order so now i'm popping

15mg Biotin
Maxi Hair- 1 per day as opposed to the 4 they recommend daily, i'm trying to let that 120 last me for 4 months. Maxi Hair has 5000mcg biotin plus i was already taking 10mg straight biotin daily
Bee Pollen-400mg (1 daily)
Bamboo Extract-300mg (1 daily)
I think i'll be adding at least 2 more vits to this list before the month ends. I will see.

jprayze

Checking in...just taken a prenatal and a 2000mg MSG per day. I feel like I need something else to really keep my growth going.

PureSilver

I missed yesterday so i doubled today, most of my vitamins are in capsule form. since this week i have opened the capsules pour then in my water or juice (preferably) and drink it. I think i will continue this and i've seen where my hair growth has speed up a bit since Maxi Hair and Bamboo supplements have been added. Its only been 2 weeks literally and i'll be 7 weeks post this Saturday and i have 1'' of NG so i'll totally satisfied.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I've slacked off the past few weeks. I haven't replenished my vitamin stash.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

jprayze

Replacing taking a multi with youth H20.

The main ingredients are maca, camu camu, and organic purple corn extracts.

Claims energy, vibrant skin, weight loss, and immunity support. I will let you know how I feel weekly :)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Taking Manetabolism rifht right now. My other vitamin stash ran out and I need to replenish.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

jprayze

Replacing taking a multi with youth H20. The main ingredients are maca, camu camu, and organic purple corn extracts. Claims energy, vibrant skin, weight loss, and immunity support. I will let you know how I feel weekly :)

1 week down. The instructions state to take 2 days off, I haven't noticed more energy yet, but then again I don't get much sleep. It doesn't taste good either! Smh

NaturallyATLPCH

Been slacking on my vitamins the past couple of days, gonna start again tonight.

I must say even though I haven't taken them in a couple of days, my nails are growing like crazy! Not sure about my hair because it's braided, but that Biotin is working wonders on my nails and skin.