Want 1 inch in one Month!?? Try Jo Oil!

Corbins,

Did you experience any side effects from your daily use? Any headaches, vision problems, itching/dry scalp, etc? Also, how frequently do you wash your hair?

I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this question has already been asked.

I asked her about the ammonia in the product. She replied: "Hi. It's about 1% - 2% of ammonia, maybe." Hmmmm.... Is this considered a high percentage or no? And I don't like the sound of that maybe,

aloha_bef said:
I asked her about the ammonia in the product. She replied: "Hi. It's about 1% - 2% of ammonia, maybe." Hmmmm.... Is this considered a high percentage or no? And I don't like the sound of that maybe,

That's funny:perplexed
She told me no more than 1-2% for sure.
It might be 3-10% for all we know

I feel like this, I'm gonna sneak in, get my 2 inches, and be out. :grin:
I mean I don't know about y'all but I saw that growth on Corbins!
It is by far one of the better b4 & after shots I've seen. :)
Not to mention its only 6 bucks - can't beat that with a stick!
I spent a good chunk of change on MN - embarrassing MN!
Bought stinky MTG, and even worse - my own sulfer concoction that had one evilish female lighting candles and ish behind me when I walked through a room!! :mad:
& yet none of the b4 & afters compared to Corbins in MHO. & I wasnt able to stick with any of it.
I figure I'll try a few more concoctions b4 I join experienced LHCFers that say simple is better. ;)
HHG!

Last edited:
aloha_bef said:

she told me she really didnt know. she just knew it was a low amount. :perplexed

alexei said:
That's funny:perplexed
She told me no more than 1-2% for sure.
It might be 3-10% for all we know

I feel like this, I'm gonna sneak in, get my 2 inches, and be out. :grin:
I mean I don't know about y'all but I saw that growth on Corbins!
It is by far one of the better b4 & after shots I've seen. :)
Not to mention its only 6 bucks - can't beat that with a stick!
I spent a good chunk of change on MN - embarrassing MN!
Bought stinky MTG, and even worse - my own sulfer concoction that had one evilish female lighting candles and ish behind me when I walked through a room!! :mad:
& yet none of the b4 & afters compared to Corbins in MHO. & I wasnt able to stick with any of it.
I figure I'll try a few more concoctions b4 I join experienced LHCFers that say simple is better. ;)
HHG!

Welll come back with you before and afters.

I think I am going to stick with my bottle of WGO that only cost me 8 bucks. no shipping/no ammonia.

alexei said:
One question...
How in the world does one use just 2-3 drops to cover the entire scalp?
Pls tell.

I was wondering the same thing. Wouldnt you need to part your hair into section and make sure that you get a bit of the oil throughout the entire head? You def. need more than 2-3 drops for that.

reckgnyze said:
I don't know her before and after pics are:confused: is this a black lady that made this stuff

I asked her to send me before and after pics..... and she is Caucasian. I assume she is the one who made the stuff.

BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

Yeah, she emailed me these pics....... i wasnt impressed. :ohwell: Plus, most Caucasians growth rate is different than a Black persons.

So i would love to see Before and After photos from LHCF members who decide to embark upon this new growing adventure. :) Ladies who decide to use this, I hope you share!!! :grin:

sweetascocoa said:
BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

I don't think that all of the growth rates are the same Caucasians (as with us.) My mother in law's hair grows VERY slowly. She only needs a trim every four months and she has a boyish haircut.

As for the product.... I'mma hafta pass. I have too much stuff to use up, then it's back to basics.

Some info on Ammonia

Toxicity and storage information

Hydrochloric acid sample releasing HCl fumes which are reacting with ammonia fumes to produce a white smoke of ammonium chloride.The toxicity of ammonia solutions does not usually cause problems for humans and other mammals, as a specific mechanism exists to prevent its build-up in the bloodstream. Ammonia is converted to carbamoyl phosphate by the enzyme carbamoyl phosphate synthase, and then enters the urea cycle to be either incorporated into amino acids or excreted in the urine. However fish and amphibians lack this mechanism, as they can usually eliminate ammonia from their bodies by direct excretion. Ammonia even at dilute concentrations is highly toxic to aquatic animals, and for this reason it is classified as dangerous for the environment. Ammonium compounds should never be allowed to come in contact with bases (unless an intended and contained reaction), as dangerous quantities of ammonia gas could be released.

Solutions of ammonia (5–10% by weight) are used as household cleaners, particularly for glass. These solutions are irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes (respiratory and digestive tracts), and to a lesser extent the skin. They should never be mixed with chlorine-containing products or strong oxidants, for example household bleach, as a variety of toxic and carcinogenic compounds are formed (e.g., chloramine, hydrazine, and chlorine gas).

trimbride said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: That was mean, and not very LHCF(ly)

But it is true

at the risk of punishment from the powers that be........for speaking out.
at the risk of being called some notsonice names..........for speaking out.
at the risk of offending someone................................for speaking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

yea not a real nice comment BUT...

it isn't half as mean as someone asking women to purchase a product that NOONE really knows anything about except it contains a toxic chemical that someone (that you don't even know) hooked up in their kitchen without having a clue as to what % of that toxic chemical is actually in the product.

why would any body, with a sense at all want to purchase this mess i have NO idea. we can't possibly be this desperate to grow us some huur?

are we? really?

we all know there's no way in hades a human head is gonna kick out 2 inches of growth in 2 weeks......aint gonna happen!

for all any of us know, this product is dangerous, we don't know what damage it can cause, how the product could react with the other stuff we use or if it has any long term health problems associated with it.

i'm not a college educated woman but i'm not an idiot either.......

think ladies, think carefully before using this ish.

Last edited:
I agree with you LynnieB

but Im sure the OP had no idea of the harmful effects of the ammonia in this product or that it contained such a substance...

I really dont think anyone is out to harm anyone on here :ohwell:

I can't see anygood coming out of this product. I mean if you think about it how do we know the lady in the pic actually used the product she is selling, how old is the pic (supposedly a few weeks apart)? You can whip up some of this Jo Oil at home :ammonia, add some oils, splash of MTG, Sulfur, Surge and voila you've got......a mess.:eek: :eek:

Ammonia is for cleaning - not my hair. I'll pass....

Back