Want 1 inch in one Month!?? Try Jo Oil!

preciousjewel76

Those before & after pics don't prove much to me. It just looks like the lady turned her head to the side! I sure don't see much growth there. And the ammonia? Unh unh.:nono: I know I put crazy chemicals on my head when I touch up and everything, but still....

CORBINS

WOW, this thread is getting harsh!

When I purchased the product, I understood that it had ammonia in it, but I still used it. I guess since I'm natural, I didn't really feel like there would be much of a threat. I didn't notice any negative changes in my hair after using this product. You only use 3 to 4 drops at a time, and yes that is enough. The product is watery, so when you massage it in, you can get full coverage. Those with natural hair may need a bit more. I never applied it to my hair, just my scalp. I also emailed some of the customers of the product before purchasing it and only got good replies.

I guess those who relax their hair should be more precautious because you're already putting enough chemicals on your head already!

I have not had any redness, swelling or adverse reactions. That is my own personal experience though.

Another thing, the before and after picture is not the lady that made the product. That is one of her customers. The woman that made Jo Oil and the other oils is black. I already asked her. One thing that I'm puzzled about is why she hasn't posted any pictures of her hair or her daughter's hair? HMMMMMMMM?????

B

Bublnbrnsuga

LynnieB said:
at the risk of punishment from the powers that be........for speaking out.
at the risk of being called some notsonice names..........for speaking out.
at the risk of offending someone................................for speaking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

yea not a real nice comment BUT...

it isn't half as mean as someone asking women to purchase a product that NOONE really knows anything about except it contains a toxic chemical that someone (that you don't even know) hooked up in their kitchen without having a clue as to what % of that toxic chemical is actually in the product.

why would any body, with a sense at all want to purchase this mess i have NO idea. we can't possibly be this desperate to grow us some huur?

are we? really?

we all know there's no way in hades a human head is gonna kick out 2 inches of growth in 2 weeks......aint gonna happen!

for all any of us know, this product is dangerous, we don't know what damage it can cause, how the product could react with the other stuff we use or if it has any long term health problems associated with it.

i'm not a college educated woman but i'm not an idiot either.......

think ladies, think carefully before using this ish.

Because it says it will grow your hurr. Nevermind that chick could be using low amounts of sulfuric acid, bleach etc, it says it can grow your hurr! That's all that matters. *sad*

JLove74

CORBINS said:

When I purchased the product, I understood that it had ammonia in it, but I still used it. I guess since I'm natural, I didn't really feel like there would be much of a threat. I didn't notice any negative changes in my hair after using this product. You only use 3 to 4 drops at a time, and yes that is enough. The product is watery, so when you massage it in, you can get full coverage. Those with natural hair may need a bit more. I never applied it to my hair, just my scalp. I also emailed some of the customers of the product before purchasing it and only got good replies.

I guess those who relax their hair should be more precautious because you're already putting enough chemicals on your head already!

I have not had any redness, swelling or adverse reactions. That is my own personal experience though.

Another thing, the before and after picture is not the lady that made the product. That is one of her customers. The woman that made Jo Oil and the other oils is black. I already asked her. One thing that I'm puzzled about is why she hasn't posted any pictures of her hair or her daughter's hair? HMMMMMMMM?????

3-4 drops at a time may not seem like a lot, but with continued use - it's still a lot of ammonia. Relaxed or Natural it's going on your scalp and possibly into your blood stream

Last edited:

Carlie

JLove74 said:
You can whip up some of this Jo Oil at home :ammonia, add some oils, splash of MTG, Sulfur, Surge and voila you've got......a mess.:eek: :eek:

Ammonia is for cleaning - not my hair. I'll pass....

:lachen: :lol::lachen: :lol::lachen:

Woo! :lol: I can't breathe! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MoMo

CORBINS said:

I appreciate you for sharing the information about this product as I understand that was your intent. :)

bgsix

MoMo said:
I appreciate you for sharing the information about this product as I understand that was your intent. :)

I second that. As with everything else that is hair related we all have to make our own individual choices that other members may/may not agree with.

The same kind of excitement was exhibited when MTG and MN were initially discussed here.

Everything is not for everybody.

JLove74

this is on the real. Has this products been tested/approved by the FDA? Just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone having adverse reactions to the product.

camellia

Bublnbrnsuga said:
*sigh* Ladies. Patience+ low maintenance and protective styles + healthy eating, drinking plenty of water= hair growth.

Thank you! This bears repeating.:)

I love your signature too.;)

happylocks

JLove74 said:
I can't see anygood coming out of this product. I mean if you think about it how do we know the lady in the pic actually used the product she is selling, how old is the pic (supposedly a few weeks apart)? You can whip up some of this Jo Oil at home :ammonia, add some oils, splash of MTG, Sulfur, Surge and voila you've got......a mess.:eek: :eek:

Ammonia is for cleaning - not my hair. I'll pass....

Jlove that is just what I am about to do, Mixed my own together and see if I get results.

sweetgal

CORBINS said:

If you want to purchase then go a head, but all i know is she sent me an email with the exact pictures and said these were pictures of herself ! I dont know. Now, I think this lady is just full or pure stories :confused:

CORBINS

sweetgal said:
If you want to purchase then go a head, but all i know is she sent me an email with the exact pictures and said these were pictures of herself ! I dont know. Now, I think this lady is just full or pure stories :confused:

I don't know what she sent you, but I got an email that was a forward from the person that sent it to her. At first I thought it was her until I read it right.

StrawberryQueen

PrincessDiva said:
I purchased the Bes oil but didn`t notice anything spectacular..I was afraid of the Jo oil brcause it contains ammonia:eek: but many people say it really works.....

This is very scary to me as well. Along with the fact that all of the ingredients are not listed.

blazingthru

alexei said:
That's funny:perplexed
She told me no more than 1-2% for sure.
It might be 3-10% for all we know

I feel like this, I'm gonna sneak in, get my 2 inches, and be out. :grin:
I mean I don't know about y'all but I saw that growth on Corbins!
It is by far one of the better b4 & after shots I've seen. :)
Not to mention its only 6 bucks - can't beat that with a stick!
I spent a good chunk of change on MN - embarrassing MN!
Bought stinky MTG, and even worse - my own sulfer concoction that had one evilish female lighting candles and ish behind me when I walked through a room!! :mad:
& yet none of the b4 & afters compared to Corbins in MHO. & I wasnt able to stick with any of it.
I figure I'll try a few more concoctions b4 I join experienced LHCFers that say simple is better. ;)
HHG!

I totally agree with you. I think I might go for two inches and drop it. I used all these products and more stuff. and I tired of it all now. I just want to let it grow the way it grows but I will tr y it for the two inches and then thats it. I HOPE!!:ohwell::confused: :confused:

toniy

Thanks for the recommendation to try something new. If i didnt have such a long list of things to buy already, I would try it.
It's all good. If it works for you - that's all that matters! Keep your head up and let nothing discourage you from finding that magical thing that works for your hair...:)

sweetgal

The email clearly stated that she is sending a picture of herself. She sent a few actually and it was confusing. But she did state that it was herself in the picture!

:perplexed

Aalize

Based on her replies to my messages and her eBay description, she's not a good communicator.

She probably doesn't even know what ammonia is for or that its dangerous. Did anyone ask her how ammonia helps to enhance the formula or what it does for hair growth?

alexei

Thanks Corbin for turning me on this.
I just ordered Bes oil as that seemed safer.
I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

sweetgal

Aalize said:
Based on her replies to my messages and her eBay description, she's not a good communicator.

She probably doesn't even know what ammonia is for or that its dangerous. Did anyone ask her how ammonia helps to enhance the formula or what it does for hair growth?

I agree with this. I dont doubt that people can get good results though, it just some of the ingredents sound a bit harsh. If anyone decides to you the products, please let us all know how it goes.

tnorenberg

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, she emailed me these pics....... i wasnt impressed. :ohwell: Plus, most Caucasians growth rate is different than a Black persons.

So i would love to see Before and After photos from LHCF members who decide to embark upon this new growing adventure. :) Ladies who decide to use this, I hope you share!!! :grin:
Sorry to say , but I don't think this lady is white. She looks very mixed. Most white people don't have her features. She looks like half of the people in in my family. Believe me I can spot a "passer" a mile a way.

KiniKakes

tnorenberg said:
Sorry to say , but I don't think this lady is white. She looks very mixed. Most white people don't have her features. She looks like half of the people in in my family. Believe me I can spot a "passer" a mile a way.

:lol: @ passers. Yup, im from the south and i know a few passers myself. :look:

But nonetheless, this woman still seems to have 1 or 2 type hair, and that grows at a different rate than 3 or 4 type hair. So i wouldnt expect to get the same growth as her, ya know?

Hareitiz

I would love to see the maker of this product's hair along with her daughter and grandaughter's hair, since they were the ones who acheived the rapid growth from this oil.

CORBINS

Hey ladies. I have a small update again concerning my use of Jo Oil. I have attached a picture of the amount of hair loss that I get while using this product. I have flat ironed my natural hair with the Maxiglide. At night, I braid my hair in 5 sections and put rollers on the braids to wear a braid-out the next day. When I flat-ironed in the past, I would get a handful of hair when I combed it out at night. My hair gets tangled really bad if I don't brush it out with a denman daily. Below are some pics. I hope this is encouraging for some.

The first picture is the amount of hair that I lost this evening. The amount that I usually lose is 3 times that!!! The hair ball is actually smaller, the shadow makes it look bigger.
The second is just to show how I braid my hair at night.

Attachments

• shedding from combing jo oil 3 nov 06001.jpg
    shedding from combing jo oil 3 nov 06001.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 75
  • wrap at night 3 nov 06001.jpg
    wrap at night 3 nov 06001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 67