Wash N Go Thread

ckisland

I just got done washing, detangling, and restyling and Ecostyler is going back in the cabinet. I got soooo much more breakage than I'm used to when detangling or redoing my wash n'go :nono:. Until I was collecting all my shed hair and junk, I forgot how much hair I used to lose when I used Ecostyler. I'm guessing that my hair hates PVP (a poster said the same thing on another forum). Thank goodness I found EBW Curl Creme and Cantu Curling Custard :yep:.

In better news, I did a length check and my hair's back to where it was after my second cut in September (BSL), so I grew back the length I cut in October :grin:. I ordered 3 Aubrey Organics conditioners (including GPB), their gel and some Aztec Clay a couple of days ago. I'm excited to see if upgrading my products will be the unicorn tears I need to finally get to WL next year :lol:.

Fhrizzball

It's only when it gets cold that I finally figured out a wash and go method that works for me. I do a conditoner only method and to make it last i band or ponytail it and shower without a cap to rewake the curls and perhaps apply a bit of water as well. I either add oil and/or condtioner, ponytail my hair until I'm ready to go and the style lasts a good 5-7 days. I hope this will still work next summer though.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
MyAngelEyez~C~U Joigirl how did the obia work for you? I was tempted to but it when it was on sale but I didn't.

I am currently loving aphogees curlific curl cream. At first I didn't like it but now that I use it along with the green tea restrucuturizer and seal with my kismera excellent wax , my wash n gos have been lasting several days. I haven't gotten to week long status but I like washing my hair midweek anyway. My breakage has all significantly stopped since using these products so I think I might stick with this regimen for a while!

ckisland

Napp, what's the aphogee curl cream like? Was it drying and was that why you needed the leave-in? I'm just curious.

I need my DrVita order to hurry up and arrive. I dying to try everything I got :lick:!!!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Napp, I got lazy, girl. I've been lounging at home with my hair standing all over my head since Friday (snow "storm" where I live). I'll wash n do it today, though.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp, what's the aphogee curl cream like? Was it drying and was that why you needed the leave-in? I'm just curious.

I need my DrVita order to hurry up and arrive. I dying to try everything I got :lick:!!!

Its a thick cream that has a light scent. I was using it by itself and didn't like the results but once I started layering it in it quickly became my go to styler. The hold is like a gel but it doesnt kill my volume! I can go to sleep on my curls and all I have to do is fluff it a bit in the morning.

It definitley needs something moisturizing under it. there is a moisturizing leave in from the curlific line but I was to cheap to buy it. I'll probably try it out once I finish up what I have.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Okay, I don't like the Obia curl custard on its own. Didn't smooth the hair like I like. Looks like it will dry poofy/frizzy, so I just used it under Ecostyler. It's helping to keep crunch at bay. Both product play nicely together :) my hair is drying pretty fast so we'll see how dry it gets. Right now it looks n feels alright.

ckisland

I just tried taking some pics of my hair :nono: :lachen:. I have entirely too many different things going on for my wash n'go to look right in a photo. It makes me want to keep it straight :ohwell:.

Lucia

I just got done washing, detangling, and restyling and Ecostyler is going back in the cabinet. I got soooo much more breakage than I'm used to when detangling or redoing my wash n'go :nono:. Until I was collecting all my shed hair and junk, I forgot how much hair I used to lose when I used Ecostyler. I'm guessing that my hair hates PVP (a poster said the same thing on another forum). Thank goodness I found EBW Curl Creme and Cantu Curling Custard :yep:.

In better news, I did a length check and my hair's back to where it was after my second cut in September (BSL), so I grew back the length I cut in October :grin:. I ordered 3 Aubrey Organics conditioners (including GPB), their gel and some Aztec Clay a couple of days ago. I'm excited to see if upgrading my products will be the unicorn tears I need to finally get to WL next year :lol:.

I didn't know people had more shedding with ecostyler gel
Can you link that post ? Thanks

LaNecia

I think the EcoStyler is one of the culprits for drying my hair out, regardless of the formulation. I loved the results but not the hair loss, shedding, snapping due to dryness.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

Joigirl

Washed my hair today. Used KBN Shealoe and BASK Silk & Honey Latte. Styled with Eco Styler Argan.

Attachments

• image-2059569345.jpg
    image-2059569345.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 198

Joigirl

Wow your hair is perfect! How long is it when stretched? I wonder if i will ever get that kind of volume

Thank you! It is definitely not perfect, but I appreciate the compliment. I am 19 months post BC. My hair is about 8-9 inches in length. The curls are so tight that I don't get to enjoy the length. I have very thick hair, especially in the crown. I get some of the volume from diffusing with cool air.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Sorta kinda twist out done on a wash and go :3 I can't wait for Spring!! Looking forward to all of the wash and go pics.

MayaNatural

WNG using Wen 613 and Bee Mine Curly Hold Butter.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1767339131.jpg
    image-1767339131.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 204

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
I really miss my WNGs but it is way too cold outside and I can't be bothered diffusing. Besides that the dew point is in the negative...I think my hair would snap off, LOL.

Joigirl

Today's WNG, used KBN Shealoe leave in and Eden Bodyworks Curl Defining Cream. First time using EB, my hair is finicky about coconut oil.

Attachments

• image-2499934236.jpg
    image-2499934236.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 146

Joigirl

Eden Bodyworks was a fail. My hair in the back was bone dry. Cowashed and applied KBN Shealoe LI and Superwet gel this morning. Hope this lasts until next weekend.

mssoconfused

Finally perfected my wash and go routine. Day one hair was amazing. The secret was leaving a lot of conditioner in my hair post Cowash and sealing my ends. It's so shiny and bouncy! I woke up this morning and the curls were still in place with no frizz!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally perfected my wash and go routine. Day one hair was amazing. The secret was leaving a lot of conditioner in my hair post Cowash and sealing my ends. It's so shiny and bouncy! I woke up this morning and the curls were still in place with no frizz!

Pics please

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Smiley79

I'm really thinking about dropping out of the Hide your Hair challenge and joining the Wash n go thread, but my concern is styling my hair in this in between phase after a wash and go in the morning before work. It seems my only option will be a high puff. That can get pretty boring. I have tried the gel on freshly co-washed hair and it NEVER comes out looking cute, lol.