Washing less seems the way to go...

LovelyLionessa

I used to co-wash my hair like mad, usually 4-5x a week. I fell in love with the process of just washing my hair whenever I felt like it. Yet, I was never happy with my hair styles and I was on a no-heat regimen then too. :ohwell:

Since then, I've revamped my regime to include less frequent washing and flat ironing after airdrying. Since my hair is freshly relaxed and Maxiglided, I am enjoying my hair right now and plan on washing it next weekend which will be 2 weeks since my last wash. The less manipulation seems like the way to go. When my hair is flat ironed it is much wasier to maintain, and with washing it less, that also has the added benefit of reducing heat styling during the month. Heat styling only 2x a month is very appealing to me. :yep:

I'm happy that the cooler temps are helping to facilitate this part of my hair care journey. Through fall and winter I plan on washing my hair every 2 weeks. When the new growth starts popping up again when I stretch I might have to go back to 1x a week, we'll see. It also helps that I have finally found the right products to use on my hair to keep it moisturized with out getting it too oily. :cool:

kally

When I first heard about the co washes, I was like man that sounds good and healthy then I tried it and it did not agree with my hair. my hair was left dry and crunchy. Now I just wash and deep condition once a week and it saves me money.

MissM

There was a time that I never would have thought I would go two weeks without washing my hair. But between a full time job, school and caring for a two year-old I found my wash day stretching further than seven days. So far this is really working for me. I have added a hair deodorizer to my regime, but all I do is wash, blow dry and flat iron and add some Black and Sassy oil sheen to the bottom half of my hair daily. My hair doesn't even start to feel dirty until around day 10--the remaining two days I do a pony tail.

I've also got back to below brastap doing this. So we'll see what happens.

FAMUDva

I triedwetting multiple times a week when I first joined LHCF, but I found it to be bad, bad, bad for my hair. The less I wet my hair, the more I retain.

I wash my hair once a week and don't do all those CW, etc in between washes. Just wash, condition, and deep condition once a week. I do MTG and moisterizing during the week, but that's about it for me personally.

Candy_C said:
This technique is really sticking out at me this month. i've been browsing at LHC and alot of the ladies there with long hair, wash either weekly or every 2 weeks! believe it or not and these ladies are white (i was always led to believe their hair would 'ruin' without constant washing)...

i think washing less may be good for those with extra dry tresses, i think if we give our scalp a chance to excrete enough natural oils, maybe any hair woes we have will vanish...

i'm really enjoying my hair at the mo, and dont wanna co wash or shampoo. thursday will be a week since alot of water has touched my hair (i spritz daily and 'plop')...

my hairs growing very fast so far, minus 50% of my vits, and i think its due to my natural oils and the sun, plus water and finger combing to distribute. i know alot of peeps on here promote daily or washing 2-3 times per week, but even though i've had endless benefits, i wonder what benefits i'll have by washing less...i'm willing to find out!

does anybody wash weekly or bi-weekly? whats changes do you notice? if you have been a daily washer (co-wash, water only OR shampoo) before, isit better now that you wash less or do u think washing frequently is better (especialy for chemically treated hair)?

i've noticed near enough 2 split ends for a whole month and my hair feels so much stronger...