Water Challenge!

pet

I would like my hair to grow a little bit longer. I do take vitamins everyday and try to eat healthy, but I have always had problems with drinking water. I never liked the taste, so therefore I don't drink much of it. I literally drink like 2 cups a week! That's pretty bad.

So, who wants to join me in a water challenge? 8 cups of water a day, anyone with me? Umm.....I'll start tomorrow, 11/19/05......lol

Who's brave enough to drink 8 cups (real glasses guys..) a day?

Lovelylocs

I will. I will start today! I started earlier this week, but didnt drink any yesterday. I will drink 8 classes. I don't like ice cold water. I like my water slightly colder than room temperature. Come on, pet. Start today. Don't put off til tomorrow what u can do today. lol

Do it
Do it
DO it

Lady_Lioness

You and me both...I'm having trouble with drinking at least 2 cups of water a day...let alone 8 glasses...but i'm up for the challenge...I'll also start tomorrow...I need to get one last sip of soda in for the last time...lol:)...I'm now on a quest for clearer skin and longer hair...let's get it on:grin:

LeNghtyDreAms

They say water is also good for healthy skin and important to weight loss, so i'll definately join, i need to drink more water, i drink at most a cup a day. But 8 glasses is way too much for me i'd be in the bathroom tinkling all day. So i'll shoot for 5.

ayoung

Right on time! I'm in--I need more water---I'm going to try to get my 8 in for healtier skin, longer hair--and less caloric intake (I love juice and pop...)

Andrea

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'm in, you know what seems to get everyone in my house drinking more water, bottled water, for some reason we run through a case in days. I said mix buying the gallons or triing to drink nasty old tap water (at least in my area it's not sooo bad but it's not make ya want to drink more water good neither). Lately I've been able to drink at least 3 bottle pushing for 5 a day, In the summer I like it freezing cold and in the winter little cooler than room temperature. Try buying the cases of bottled water and see if you drink more that way. HTH's

Elizabeth26

Count me in for this challenge. I like drinking water but I mostly drink water at night. I'm not sure that I'm getting enough water in and I think a challenge like this can get me in a routine that I can continue for life.

blackbarbie

I faithfully drink at least 64-80 ounces per day, but I was in the same boat as some of you women at one time, not even drinking a cup or two per week, but I just wanted to chime in to give you a little tip that would make your challenge a little easier.

I flavor my water with a little Crystal Lite. When I say a little, I really do mean just a tad bit just to give a little tart taste (Lemon is the best!) I am talking about the powered kind. They sell it in little tubs.and one tub makes 2 quarts but you don't want to flavor it to full strength because you won't like the aftertaste; just use a few sprinkles so you are not tasting plain ole' water. The lemonade and pink lemonade flavor tastes really good and the ruby red grapefruit is good as well. I have been able to find a knockoff brand in the Dollar Tree called Carb Options where there are about 4 or 5 tubs for $1. (Regular Crystal Lite is about $3.99).....This will just make you enjoy your water a little more. (I don't go anywhere without a stash of Crystal Lite!!!)

Try purchasing a 32 oz. water bottle and the goal is to finish 1 bottle at work and then finish the other bottle before bed. To break it down even more, while you are at work, try finishing half of the bottle (16 oz) before lunch, and then finish the other half before you go home for the day.

I hope this will make the challenge a little easier (and enjoyable) for you!:)

Last edited:

pet

YEAH!!! I have support!! Tell you what LovelyLocs, I'll got for 4 cups today, and I'll start my eight tomorrow.

Let the "Drinking Water" games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we're off.........

CarLiTa

blackbarbie said:
Try purchasing a 32 oz. water bottle and the goal is to finish 1 bottle at work and then finish the other bottle before bed. To break it down even more, while you are at work, try finishing half of the bottle (16 oz) before lunch, and then finish the other half before you go home for the day.

that is what I do! I used to bring my 64oz bottle but that gets annoying carrying it around and i feel down when i drink the whole thing. I have a 33oz sports water bottle and I finish it pretty quickly, because it's all there! i think when u have the 16oz water bottle, u feel like u have to save some for later, but I dont even notice when I drink the 32oz. Then when I get home, I drink another two glasses to make it to 6 glasses. I get the other 16oz required through a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk. Aint no vitamins in water,
:lol: so i make sure to get vitamins from other things besides pills too.

SaintLuxe

i'll try it for the sake of my hair (i want it to my bra strap w/minimal breakage). i take vitamins and fish oil supplements, but i've been slacking off lately with the whole H2O thing. i really need to drink more but Philly water tastes like sewage! they don't call it Schuykill Punch for nothin'! i'll try for 8 cups.

blackbarbie

CarLiTa said:
that is what I do! I used to bring my 64oz bottle but that gets annoying carrying it around and i feel down when i drink the whole thing. I have a 33oz sports water bottle and I finish it pretty quickly, because it's all there! i think when u have the 16oz water bottle, u feel like u have to save some for later, but I dont even notice when I drink the 32oz. Then when I get home, I drink another two glasses to make it to 6 glasses. I get the other 16oz required through a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk. Aint no vitamins in water,
:lol: so i make sure to get vitamins from other things besides pills too.

That's the only way I can do it, (make a game out of it) otherwise I would be a waterless creature.:grin: I don't drink sodas so it wasn't like I was strung out on sodas or anything, I just didn't care for water....Do you flavor your water with anything?

ekomba

i been in since july and drink only water but lately can only master a 64fl oz bottle (1.89L) i wish i can double or tripple that amount per day

divinefavor

I drink about 60-90oz of water a day. I start off with 30 oz in the am another 30 mid day and another 30 before I leave work. My only problem is drinking the water once I get home.

I started consistently drinking water about 6 years ago, I couldn't stand the taste of it. However, I knew it was very important for my health. I learned a trick that worked for me and it may work for you. For me in order to get over the taste of water I would always eat something sweet and then drink the water right behind it. If you notice most times when you eat something sweet you are usually pretty thirsty. So six years ago, I would take my 32 oz cup into work eat a banana or some yogurt and drink the water right after that. After doing this for a while, drinking water is now second nature. Now, I can drink water without eating anything. Although, I do still have my water with my yogurt or banana every morning. :grin: Try it and see how it works for you!!!

ETA : Use healthy sweet food!!! :lachen:

Nita81

divinefavor said:
I drink about 60-90oz of water a day. I start off with 30 oz in the am another 30 mid day and another 30 before I leave work. My only problem is drinking the water once I get home.

I started consistently drinking water about 6 years ago, I couldn't stand the taste of it. However, I knew it was very important for my health. I learned a trick that worked for me and it may work for you. For me in order to get over the taste of water I would always eat something sweet and then drink the water right behind it. If you notice most times when you eat something sweet you are usually pretty thirsty. So six years ago, I would take my 32 oz cup into work eat a banana or some yogurt and drink the water right after that. After doing this for a while, drinking water is now second nature. Now, I can drink water without eating anything. Although, I do still have my water with my yogurt or banana every morning. :grin: Try it and see how it works for you!!!

ETA : Use healthy sweet food!!! :lachen:

I'm glad you said that!!! Cause I was thinking sweet food??? Uh oh!! Can't do that I'll get sick:lachen:

Nita81

BTW what happend to the vitamin/water challenge in October??? I'm still doing it....in fact I found Ballegro's vitamin list and I've added 4 more vitamins to my list!!!

Twisties

Count me in. I need to drink more water and cut back on sodas. I will aim for 5 cups a day, plus the other beverages I drink (orange juice, coffee).

Amina

I would like to join. However I will start 11/20 b/c I got a 6 hr drive home tonight. I don't drink water or any liquid a whole lot (only when I really need to b/c for some reason I feel like I am drowning when I drink a lot :confused: :confused: ).

blazingthru

pet said:
I would like my hair to grow a little bit longer. I do take vitamins everyday and try to eat healthy, but I have always had problems with drinking water. I never liked the taste, so therefore I don't drink much of it. I literally drink like 2 cups a week! That's pretty bad.

So, who wants to join me in a water challenge? 8 cups of water a day, anyone with me? Umm.....I'll start tomorrow, 11/19/05......lol

Who's brave enough to drink 8 cups (real glasses guys..) a day?

I hate water too, Ihaven't dranked a drop this entire week. I will join as well. I wish there was a way to mark on here whether I did it or not. Good challenge I'm In

napgurl

Nita81 said:
BTW what happend to the vitamin/water challenge in October??? I'm still doing it....in fact I found Ballegro's vitamin list and I've added 4 more vitamins to my list!!!
Girl I was just about to post about our challenge. I didn't want to be a nag. I'll send a post tomorrow. I've got some updates. ;)

jrae

I'm in. I have to make a conscious effort to drink anything. I'm like a camel. I can go for a long time before my brain signals thirst for me. But I've learned to make water more interesting by adding Emergencee with Vitamin C/MSM or Vitamin C/Calcium. If I could drink 32 oz of each, I'd be happy. Based on my weight I should actually drink a little more than that. But that's a start! :ohwell:

disgtgyal

i'm in i'll aim for 32oz a dat and i think i'll take black barbie's advice and add a lil crystal lite. how long is this challenge for?

Last edited:

CarLiTa

blackbarbie said:
That's the only way I can do it, (make a game out of it) otherwise I would be a waterless creature.:grin: I don't drink sodas so it wasn't like I was strung out on sodas or anything, I just didn't care for water....Do you flavor your water with anything?

No i dont flavor my water and i think it's better for me this way. I actually like the taste of the water :look: no taste, lol... the reason why i say it's better for me is because that way, when i'm craving something sweet, i can go for a fruit or something, so like i said, i get my vitamins AGAIN through that, AND some energy. Sometimes, I"ll have a Hershey Kiss, or maybe 3 :look: when i'm feeling like my blood sugar is really low, and then I wash that down with water again. Lately I drink 6 glasses of water a day, and 2 glasses of milk/orange juice or maybe a bottle of Ensure, which is like milk but with lots of protein and vitamins. On the really hot days, I drink at least 8-10 glasses.