Water Challenge!

Chrissy811

For some reason this ebbs and flows with me some days I can drink 64+ and then on others I can't get a full 8 down. It shows in my skin when I don't so definately need to get back into this. I am in.

Elizabeth26

I have gotten down 6 cups so far. I'm going to drink 2 more before bed. While I'm typing let me go get that cup of water, LOL!

P

patient1

I'm in. I've been drinking a lot more water lately for skin reasons. I see the difference for SURE! I'll be more conscious of my intake though. Keep in mind also that tea counts too. I keep a hot pot in my classroom and boil up a pot of lemon ginger tea (Stash). Their passionfruit tea is tasty as well. Tazo makes a Passion tea that is sooooooo good. I had my best skin when I drank a lot of tea (herbal, hot and iced). I'm going back to those days and that skin.

P1

pet

Hey Everybody!! I drank 4 cups of water on Friday, and 4 yesterday because I was in church half of the day, and couldn't drink my full 8. But today.....I'm drinking it all!!!

Sorry about the Water/Vitamin Challenge members, I didn't know anything about it! Maybe the people that were on that one can tell your success stories, so it can motivate us!!!

Going for that glass of water......

Lady_Lioness

Yesterday, I drank about 5-6 glasses of water...and the constant trips to the bathroom...wasn't pretty:look:...but i'm hanging in there...Today I'm currently up to my 4th glass...I took a 2 hr break and now i'm off to get more...i hope i'll make it to 8 glasses today.

Crystalicequeen123

Count me in on this challenge! I have started drinking more water since March of this year. Let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference! My secret? Buy crates and crates of bottled water!! My family buys crates of bottled water and stores it in the garage. So every day before work or school, I grab two bottles so that I've instantly already had at LEAST about 4 cups of water for the day. Then, when I come home I just drink more periodically. You can really get crates of water cheap at Wal-mart, or other spend-thrifty stores. ;)

At first I was constantly going to the bathroom because of the increase in water intake, but after a while, my body got used to it. ;)

Not only that, but as I drank more water more toxins started coming out of my body and showing up on my face in the form of pimples. I got a little discouraged at first, but I kept drinking the water. Soon, with the help of more water (and a little proactive! ;) ) I didn't have any more breakouts. In fact, water has made my skin clear up really well. I usually have more energy too. But some days I drink as much water as I should, and others I kind of slack off.

But I'm joining in on the challenge!

PS-I understand that water helps to clear up your skin and loose weight and all, but HOW exactly does water help your hair grow? I'm not sure I see the connection. :confused:

Last edited:

SUPER SWEET

Let's hope i can stick it out. I just bought one of these glass bottles for the bike. Maybe i can shoot for 3 a day to start. :ohwell:

Lady_Lioness

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Count me in on this challenge! I have started drinking more water since March of this year. Let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference! My secret? Buy crates and crates of bottled water!! My family buys crates of bottled water and stores it in the garage. So every day before work or school, I grab two bottles so that I've instantly already had at LEAST about 4 cups of water for the day. Then, when I come home I just drink more periodically. You can really get crates of water cheap at Wal-mart, or other spend-thrifty stores. ;)

At first I was constantly going to the bathroom because of the increase in water intake, but after a while, my body got used to it. ;)

Not only that, but as I drank more water more toxins started coming out of my body and showing up on my face in the form of pimples. I got a little discouraged at first, but I kept drinking the water. Soon, with the help of more water (and a little proactive! ;) ) I didn't have any more breakouts. In fact, water has made my skin clear up really well. I usually have more energy too. But some days I drink as much water as I should, and others I kind of slack off.

But I'm joining in on the challenge!

PS-I understand that water helps to clear up your skin and loose weight and all, but HOW exactly does water help your hair grow? I'm not sure I see the connection. :confused:

-Funny you should say that...cause i was just planning on doing that tomorrow

-This is good to hear b/c these trips to the bathroom is killing me...How long did it take for your body to get use to the water intake?

-I was drinking 8 glasses of water on a regular basis last year and I was experiencing alot of acne too...i had gave up on drinking water b/c of it...but now i know it was toxins in my body that was being released...so now i'll definitely continue...thanx 4 that info.

shoelover1972

Crystalicequeen123 said:

Can I also join this challenge? I usually drink 2litres per day (about 8 glasses) so it should not be a problem for me.

Crystalicequeen123 - I think it's because your body clears the toxins in your body so you see improvement in both your skin, hair & nails. HTH

Cooyah

count me in i definitely don't drink as much h2o as i should so i will definitely join you ladies, for the day i've had one glass :perplexed (and only after reading this thread)

Crystalicequeen123

Lady_Lioness said:
This is good to hear b/c these trips to the bathroom is killing me...How long did it take for your body to get use to the water intake?

Lady_Lioness:
Yeah, it took me about 2 weeks to get used to it. lol* It was killing me most at work. haha. I would be getting up and using the bathroom every two seconds! But I definitely saw a difference. I just felt better. So, just stick it out. TRUST ME, your body is about 70% water, so it will get used to it! It will probably thank you for it too! ;)

-I was drinking 8 glasses of water on a regular basis last year and I was experiencing alot of acne too...i had gave up on drinking water b/c of it...but now i know it was toxins in my body that was being released...so now i'll definitely continue...thanx 4 that info.

Yep. It's the toxins coming out. :yep: Trust me, I used to be a Sprite addict and that's basically ALL I would drink everyday. Sprite, Coke, Pepsi, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, you name it...anything other than water I would drink. But since I started drinking water, my skin has not only cleared up but it also looks smoother, the whites of my eyes look WHITER, and although this is TMI (Too Much Information) , my urine is also clearer when I drink a lot of water. From what I've read, supposedly that's the color it SHOULD be. Not yellow. LOL* :lol:

So, water has helped me a lot. :up: I just have to remind myself to drink it some days.

Last edited:

Crystalicequeen123

pradalover said:
Can I also join this challenge? I usually drink 2litres per day (about 8 glasses) so it should not be a problem for me.

Crystalicequeen123 - I think it's because your body clears the toxins in your body so you see improvement in both your skin, hair & nails. HTH

Ohhh...okay. Thanks Pradalover. That makes sense to me now. I get it.

Lady_Lioness

Thanx alot Crystalicequeen123, I will definitely stick it out...the benefits are well worth it...as you just explained...i'm now anxious to see results on both my hair and skin.

Cooyah

well just checking in dears, i had about four or five mugs of water last night used the bathroom about 7 and my bf asked me if i was sick or something on the last trip, in his words "a wa de hell wrong wid yuh woman?" so i'd say i can keep up with this challenge at least for the week, how did you ladies do?

MissYocairis

pet said:
Who's brave enough to drink 8 cups (real glasses guys..) a day?

:ohwell: :( ***begrudgingly raises hand*** I will join this challenge. It's one of those, "need-to's" and I know it. (does drinking tea count as 'water'?) :look:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I've been drink 3 bottles of 1pt and 9 oz of water a day, so that's a little over 9 glasses a day, and I think that's the only way I can get it done. I didn't realize it was that many glasses until I realized that trying to drink five would be difficult and decided to add up the amount of oz in the bottles I was drinking, sooooo I guess I'm off to a good start and something i can handle, plus it takes a good 2 bottles to get the vitamins i take down, lol.

pet

It seems like everyone is having a good start!! In response to Crystal Lice Queen, because it is healthy to drink water, your hair will grow more healthy. Imagine all the sugar that's in juice and soda, and how those "nutrients" go into your body...it affects the hair growth. Hair is like a plant, the lack of water will just make it limp and lifeless.

On a more personal note (so you guys don't think I'm making this up...lol) I drank 8 glasses of water a day, for about 5 months....a little more than a year ago, and I have to tell you, I've never seen my hair grow that healthy, that much, in my life. Plus, since I'm always running around doing something, drinking water made me feel more alive and awake, which is good in itself.

So.......keep on drinking on!!!

pet

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is keeping up!! I didn't drink any water for Thanksgiving, because there was way too much food to eat, but I continued on Friday. How is it going for all of you??

Elizabeth26

I have been slacking lately. i went home for the holidays and and probably had about 4 cups each day I was away. Now that I'm home I will be getting back on my routine.

Twisties

I have been so bad;) since I started on this challenge. I do ok at night, but during the day, I've been doing more sodas. But right now, I am drinking a tall glass of water and trying to really get going wtih this.

Last edited:

Lady_Lioness

I've been doing pretty well, except for last week (had a flu)...but I'm now currently drinking my 8 glasses (sometimes even more) per day...i'm really getting used to drinking more water...I'm so proud of myself.:lol:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I've going to the market picking up cases of water, :D , instead of the Hawaiin punch, and my 2 yr old has been walking around w/24oz bottles of water :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: , it's funny because he's so short the bottle is almost bigger than him, the bathroom thing has been a bit much but I'm getting use to it. I just hate when I'm out shopping and every store we go in the whole family has to use the restroom, :lachen: . But overall it's been all good.

Lady_Lioness

I was just wondering how is everyone doing?...It's been a while...

I'm still trying to drink my 8 glasses per day...I've been slacking off somedays with only drinking 4 glasses...but I'm back to drinking between 6-8 glasses a day...I haven't drank a drop of soda since I began this challenge and I've been seeing major improvements in my skin (less acne)...I just need to be consistent with drinking more water each day...other than that I'm still hanging in there.

determine3

This is one of the things I was planning on changing for the New Year but since I came across this thread, I'm gonna start tomorrow. I'm drinking a glass of water right now but can't drink more than that tonight or else i won't get ANY sleep from the bathroom trips!!

So, long story short, I'm joining this challenge.