WE ARE THE WORLD?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
We do know what God commands, by the Word of God....

People think love is when you agree with them all the time and dont say anything to 'step on their toes"...But love is when you tell people the truth because you want to help them and you dont want to them hurt or damned.
1Corinthians says Charity, Rejoiceth not in inquity but the truth.

We get kinda upset when we have had a booger in our nose all day and no one told us. :lachen: How much more should we be upset when we are not warned about the judgement to come..?

Alicialynn86

God bless you. Your posts have been blessing me ALL DAY!

The bolded.... :amen: the bolded :amen: the bolded :amen:

Yes.... the bolded :amen:

Rainbow Dash

Has anyone yet made the distinction between "worldliness" and "the world?"

Guitarhero, nathansgirl1908

The difference according to scripture.

We are in the world but not of the world or worldliness. It refers to anything pertaining to a manner of living. Being in agreement with desires of the world that are hostile to God. For example the world says that sexual immorality is okay but follower of Christ cannot and should not agree with that. It is the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ. It is living in such a way that it stirs desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ.

This is Christ speaking

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. John 17

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Colossians 3:10

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 1 Peter 1:14

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world 1 John 2:16

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17

Hope this helps

Guitarhero

Hi, Health&hair28, I was referring to this discussion. I am very aware of scripture and am definitely from a bible-based church. I am still not convinced that the endeavor of that organization to raise funds to provide relief to millions was "sinful" and something that christians should not have had a part in despite the lyrics of that song and the religion or lack thereof of the celebrities. That's not the "worldiness" that some of us are referring to concerning sin.

Who has separated in this discussion the concept of the "world system" and all that it implies, including a philosophical point of vue devoid of Christ as opposed to the world as G-d's creation and simply all the creatures within it, as in, just the world? Taking scripture out of context is not a good thing. Taking discussion out of context and misconstruing and overlooking facts is not fair. We are still all brothers from our Creator. Some are brothers in faith...but we are all one family from one Father. Christians are one family of the faith. One needs to distinguish between those within a covenant and those on the outside. Despite it, G-d's love remains and so do His commands to love all people. How do we accomplish this if we feel we are super-species? Do we look down our noses at non-christians and feel disgust? Did Jesus eat alongside prostitutes? Yet, I would never compare a non-christian to a prostitute. What is Jesus telling us, actually? Who is listening? We all should. These are the questions arising in my mind as this thread further develops.

I am not convinced that all human beings are not of the same flesh and therefore, I know they/we all deserve the SAME respect and human dignity. Christians are not better, neither are they more loved than non-christians. Well, I have to look to the workers of the church I know who emptied themselves in obedience to Christ to provide medical care, education and human touch to millions. No one is perfect, that is for sure, but all people are loved by G-d. Some know Him via Jesus in this life, some do not. His love does not falter despite that fact and neither should ours. It could not take away from the gospel which is to spread the good news. The greatest commandment is to love G-d above all else. It's not without coincidence that the second greatest is to love mankind as one's brother. This is the bible in a nutshell. Supporting the agenda for the one world system is a slight tangent off this topic and I think the author of the article (which I know is not Laela, I'm not blaming her) did a poor job attempting to fully align them. We can all see that there is some agenda...however, I cannot curse or detest another's efforts to lift up the poor.

Last edited:

Rainbow Dash

Hi, @Health&hair28, I was referring to this discussion. I am very aware of scripture. I am still not convinced that the endeavor of that organization to raise funds to provide relief to millions was "sinful" and something that christians should not have had a part in. That's not the "worldiness" that most of us are referring to concerning sin. Simply, the people of the world and that we are all brothers. No one can convince me that all human beings are not of the same flesh and deserve the SAME respect and human dignity. Christians are not a higher species. Well, I have to look to the workers of the church I know who emptied themselves in obedience to Christ to provide medical care, education and human touch to millions. No one is perfect, that is for sure, but all people are loved by G-d. Some know Him via Jesus in this life, some do not. His love does not falter despite it and neither should ours.

Well, I believe that everyone in this thread knows that God loves every human being and doing good to others is not sinful but good. The bible tells us that he loves everyone and that He is not a respector of persons. The thing is that works will not give you salvation. A person can do a lot of good but his works alone will not save him from his sin. Christ shed blood is the only atonement for sin. Yes, Christians are to do good for others, Christ told us to.

And no, Christians are not a higher species but Christ in the Christian is what sets them apart from the world. They still have struggles, issues, etc but that they have hope living in them. The Hope of Glory.

We are to do good in the world and we are to bless others. But our focus should be on the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that the world and all that is in it will pass away,therefore we are to set our affections on things above not on things on the earth. Col 3

Guitarhero

Well, I believe that everyone in this thread knows that God loves every human being and doing good to others is not sinful but good. The bible tells us that he loves everyone and that He is not a respector of persons. The thing is that works will not give you salvation. A person can do a lot of good but his works alone will not save him from his sin. Christ shed blood is the only atonement for sin. Yes, Christians are to do good for others, Christ told us to.

And no, Christians are not a higher species but Christ in the Christian is what sets them apart from the world. They still have struggles, issues, etc but that they have hope living in them. The Hope of Glory.

We are to do good in the world and we are to bless others. But our focus should be on the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that the world and all that is in it will pass away,therefore we are to set our affections on things above not on things on the earth. Col 3

Another issue altogether. I believe in grace and works...not just grace, not just works. Not everyone is a christian and I'm not going to charge another as something awful simply for the faith or non-faith they were raised in. Christians are set apart to WORK...not claim glory and be privileged. This is hte concept of chosen-ness...to WORK for the kingdom. Crowns belong to Him, not us.

Answer this for me, if you will, because people are not directly addressing the issue at hand. Do you or others believe that a christian should not join in with any non-christian organization for any reason?

Last edited:

Rainbow Dash

Another issue altogether. I believe in grace and works...not just grace, not just works. Not everyone is a christian and I'm not going to charge another as something awful simply for the faith or non-faith they were raised in. Christians are set apart to WORK...not claim glory and be privileged. This is hte concept of chosen-ness...to WORK for the kingdom. Crowns belong to Him, not us.

Answer this for me, if you will, because people are not directly addressing the issue at hand. Do you or others believe that a christian should not join in with any non-christian organization for any reason?

I understand works but works will not atone your sin. That is what I'm saying. When Christ left earth, He commissioned the disciples to go to do the work.

No. It depends on the person, the organization, and what is being promoted. There are a lot of factors that go into this. Every organization should not be joined.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Staying prayful for everyone in this Forum, that we sincerely seek to help one another study God's Word, in whatever form it comes. The devil is a liar!

LucieLoo12

Ive noticed alot of negativity, not in just this thread but alot of the Chrisitan forum threads. It has not always been like this. It's like some want to deliberatly start strife on these threads. It can be an horrible example for the unbelievers to think that Christians go back and forth like this....:ohwell:. Alot of times it depends on the mood of the reader how the text is interpreted. If the reader is in a bad mood, they can read the text in a negative tone and then respond negatively.Alot of times it is just misunderstandings...

Disclaimer:I have not mentioned anyone name, so please dont assume I'm talking about a particular person.

Staying prayful for everyone in this Forum, that we sincerely seek to help one another study God's Word, in whatever form it comes. The devil is a liar!

Guitarhero

I understand works but works will not atone your sin. That is what I'm saying. When Christ left earth, He commissioned the disciples to go to do the work.

No. It depends on the person, the organization, and what is being promoted. There are a lot of factors that go into this. Every organization should not be joined.

Why was this one condemned (is my point)? The very banks we put our money into might be party of the so-called illuminati. I'm just trying to figure out how one makes a distinction regarding which orgs. that serve a common good to never have any part of.

Rainbow Dash

Why was this one condemned (is my point)? The very banks we put our money into might be party of the so-called illuminati. I'm just trying to figure out how one makes a distinction regarding which orgs. that serve a common good to never have any part of.

If you do not have a problem with this particular organization then you are free to be apart of it. Me personally would not join it, but if you feel that it is okay then have at it. Some one else may see it differently. Someone else may look at what the organization promotes or the people in it and decide they do not want to be associated with it. Free will is given to everyone. You can choose to do whatever your heart desires. Also, there are numerous Christian organizations out there that need support, they are doing good around the world. Those would be the ones I would consider first because I am Christian.

Once again, it depends on the person, the organization, and what is being promoted. Every organization should not be joined.

Guitarhero

If you do not have a problem with this particular organization then you are free to be apart of it. Me personally would not join it, but if you feel that it is okay then have at it. Some one else may see it differently. Someone else may look at what the organization promotes or the people in it and decide they do not want to be associated with it. Free will is given to everyone. You can choose to do whatever your heart desires. Also, there are numerous Christian organizations out there that need support, they are doing good around the world. Those would be the ones I would consider first because I am Christian.

Once again, it depends on the person, the organization, and what is being promoted. Every organization should not be joined.

Finally, a concrete answer as to why. Thank you for explaining. Coming back to edit my response...your first sentence sums it up because there are those attempting to determine for others whether or not they are truly christian if they do support such an org. It is definitely up to the individual...either way on the decision.

Alicialynn86

Ive noticed alot of negativity, not in just this thread but alot of the Chrisitan forum threads. It has not always been like this. It's like some want to deliberatly start strife on these threads. It can be an horrible example for the unbelievers to think that Christians go back and forth like this....:ohwell:. Alot of times it depends on the mood of the reader how the text is interpreted. If the reader is in a bad mood, they can read the text in a negative tone and then respond negatively.Alot of times it is just misunderstandings...
Disclaimer:I have not mentioned anyone name, so please dont assume I'm talking about a particular person.

It's important to recognize that we don't all belong to the same christian sect and thus, we interpret things differently. In the case of my responses/questions...it's not negativity or attempting to sow discord (as I have been charged with continuously by some in this forum...they know who they are), it's providing a response tailored to my take on things in my own church. We're not all going to see life via the urban Black protestant church in America....if that is a good example. If we all keep this in mind, things would go more smoothly and feelings would not be as hurt if we could just comprehend this.

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

This thread is confusing to me. Are you all saying that people who are not Christian cannot do good deeds? Should not do good deeds? Christians should not work with non-Christians to help others? I genuinely don't understand what the debate is here. If someone could sum it up for me I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC Evo

nathansgirl1908

This thread is confusing to me. Are you all saying that people who are not Christian cannot do good deeds? Should not do good deeds? Christians should not work with non-Christians to help others? I genuinely don't understand what the debate is here. If someone could sum it up for me I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC Evo

That's been my issue here. That's exactly what it appears they are trying to say.

nathansgirl1908

You don't have to give names. It's obvious who you are talking about. The truly bad example for unbelievers is the sentiment in this thread about nonbelievers and good works. I'm tired of those who purport to be Christians always acting as if someone is trying to start strife because they raise legitimate questions. That makes me truly question your sincerity towards this Christian walk. You can't be unwilling to recognize when you may be wrong.

nathansgirl1908

Of course works don't bring salvation. But some of you seem to throw this around as a way of feeling smug and superior, " yeah Wyclef gave money to Haiti but he's not saved." Is this real issue that some of you know that deep down YOU aren't doing the good works for the Kingdom that you should be doing? Just like there is more to being saved than good works, there is also more to being saved than sitting around spouting scripture.

nathansgirl1908

please don't generalize like that you don't know me...neither do you know everyone on this board

The same way some of you made up your mind about my salvation based on my statements is the same way I came to my conclusion. You haven't engaged in critical thought. You just keep printing scriptures without really looking at how it all comes together to be applied.

Rainbow Dash

Of course works don't bring salvation. But some of you seem to throw this around as a way of feeling smug and superior, " yeah Wyclef gave money to Haiti but he's not saved." Is this real issue that some of you know that deep down YOU aren't doing the good works for the Kingdom that you should be doing? Just like there is more to being saved than good works, there is also more to being saved than sitting around spouting scripture.

nathansgirl1908

I really dont know what your problem is but the way you respond to me is not God-like. I don't want to fight with you. Guitarhero asked the question and I answered it to the best of my ability. If this is a Christian forum, it is okay to discuss scripture, that is what we should be doing. I am superior to no one. So please do not take offense to my post. I mean you no ill at all.

The real issue is that we live lives that are pleasing to God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God bless.

nathansgirl1908

nathansgirl1908

I really dont know what your problem is but the way you respond to me is not God-like. I don't want to fight with you. Guitarhero asked the question and I answered it to the best of my ability. If this is a Christian forum, it is okay to discuss scripture, that is what we should be doing. I am superior to no one. So please do not take offense to my post. I mean you no ill at all.

The real issue is that we live lives that are pleasing to God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God bless.
No you just don't LIKE the way my statements make you feel. People are feeling convicted. That's obvious. And no one ever said you mean anyone I'll will.

In living lives that are pleasing, we should also help our fellow man. It's that simple.

Rainbow Dash

No you just don't LIKE the way my statements make you feel. People are feeling convicted. That's obvious. And no one ever said you mean anyone I'll will.

In living lives that are pleasing, we should also help our fellow man. It's that simple.

@nathansgirl1908

Exactly, we are to help others. Who told you that I do not help others? I can give you a run down if you need me to. I help others even to the point of having hold off on things I need/want because their need is much greater. So I'm not convicted by your statement.

Just like you did not want someone questioning your salvation up thread is the same way I feel about you saying I don't do works.

If our lives are pleasing to God then helping others is apart of it.

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

So if everyone agrees that it's good to help others, and that good works do not bring salvation, I'm sorry I still don't see what point you all are debating? Is someone disagreeing with these two points?

makeupgirl

So if everyone agrees that it's good to help others, and that good works do not bring salvation, I'm sorry I still don't see what point you all are debating? Is someone disagreeing with these two points?

It's a lot of things that was taken out of content and just escalated. I'm sorry you had to witness that. I'll admit, I got pushed and allowed myself to spin out of control. It's not a normal pattern though but also not a good one.

Of course it's good to help anyone and to do good works but no I doesnt give salvation.

One of the hitting points is that some people think that it's ok to still act in a worldly manner and as Christians we can't do that. It's difference of opinion as to what the bible says and what we ourselves say and feel. It just created a lot of confusion. God is not a God of confusion so Satan had definitely had a unwanted appearance in this particular thread.

makeupgirl

So what are the good works we as Christians should doing for the kingdom?

LucieLoo12

Bottom line....Just becuz you do good deeds doesnt qualify you for heaven

(in regards to a previous posts)My walk doesnt have to "questioned" by anyone in here because the bottom line again is to not prove to anyone in here how "saved" I am. This is a forum to discuss issues and views. Of course we provide scriputures because thats factual information. This is crazy how we try and validate ourselves to complete strangers, because at the end of the day when we log off the site, we live our lives. People say its attacking when we discuss a issue and express our points of views, but whats attacking is when you point out a member in here and make a negative comment toward them/their relationship with Christ, thats attacking. I'm done with this issue.God bless

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^Amein, and God bless you, sis Alicia ... I enjoyed reading your valuable contributions to the discussion of the blog.

LucieLoo12

I'm still going to be replying to the blog :grin:, this issue I was talking about was the defending of myself or defending my walk with God.

You make me feel so love Laela :kiss:

^^Amein, and God bless you, sis Alicia ... I enjoyed reading your valuable contributions to the discussion of the blog.

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

It's a lot of things that was taken out of content and just escalated. I'm sorry you had to witness that. I'll admit, I got pushed and allowed myself to spin out of control. It's not a normal pattern though but also not a good one.

Of course it's good to help anyone and to do good works but no I doesnt give salvation.

One of the hitting points is that some people think that it's ok to still act in a worldly manner and as Christians we can't do that. It's difference of opinion as to what the bible says and what we ourselves say and feel. It just created a lot of confusion. God is not a God of confusion so Satan had definitely had a unwanted appearance in this particular thread.

Thanks. I appreciate the explanation :)

Sent from my HTC Evo