What are some good products made for transitioning hair?

AmiJay

I notice that there are a lot more products made specifically for transitioning hair. I've used Darcy's Lemongrass Transitioning Creme while stretching and it's awesome. In Walgreens I saw that Shea Moisture has a Raw Shea Butter Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk that has pretty good reviews at Targets website. Any other recommendations?

Britt

Truthfully, there really are no products specifically made for transitioning hair, they are just marketed as such. When I first started to transition I was looking for various products that were for 'transitioning' hair, but it's really no different than the regular products you already use. You def do want to make sure you find some staple DCs that will give you good moisture and ease with detangling. Any product that you like that will help with softening your new growth and help with moisture should help with your transition :yep:

Lilmama1011

i agree with britt. certain companies market towards certain people or act like they have a variety for different types. use products that your hair responds well to. most importantly keep your hair moisturized all the time and handle your hair with care

AmiJay

Thanks guys. I guess what I'm asking for is for people who have used products directed towards transitioning hair. I know that Darcy's works really well but I don't want to order online. There are certain things that help more than regular products.

chelleypie810

AmiJay. i am currently transitioning but I am continuing to blow dry and flat iron 2x a month. I use Joico Moisture Recovery. It literally is my HG. Nothing has smoothed my new growth like that and I have used aallllllll types of conditioners. Even when I used the CHI Nourish instead of my Joico one week, my hair was super hard to detangle and dried not as soft.

AmiJay

AmiJay. i am currently transitioning but I am continuing to blow dry and flat iron 2x a month. I use Joico Moisture Recovery. It literally is my HG. Nothing has smoothed my new growth like that and I have used aallllllll types of conditioners. Even when I used the CHI Nourish instead of my Joico one week, my hair was super hard to detangle and dried not as soft.

Okay! Thanks. Can I ask what your reggie is? Right now I'm doing a long stretch but I'm tired of looking rough while stretching. chelleypie810

chelleypie810

AmiJay

I pre poo with jojoba oil and JBCO. Shampoo with creme of nature conditioning shampoo. DC w/ Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner or treatment balm. I have both. Then I air dry for about 5-10 mins. Apply Dark n Lovely Six Week Anti-Reversion Serum, blow dry in about 8 sections with my Babyliss Blow Dryer. Spray Kenra Platinum blow dry spray or silk elements megasilk heat protection spray (whatever i feel like using) and flat iron. I then oil and massage my scalp 3-5x a week.

It seems like a lot but it really isn't. Wash Day is what takes the most time but I only do this twice a month. I can go through the week just oiling my scalp and putting the rest of the oil on my ends without having to moisturize daily or w/e people usually do. My DC lasts me through the week and then the next week I'm just wearing my hair up so I just oil my ends with a heavy serum.

AmiJay

chelleypie810 I totally want to try the Dark & Lovely Anti-Version Serum. I want to go back to doing my hair every two weeks. I think that might work for me. I used to get it done at the shop every two weeks and my hair was fine.
You look like you could be Gabby's sister. Do people ever tell you that?

chelleypie810

yes I'm back! SuchaLady Its beeeennnn…about 5 and a half months. And this time around everything is so much easier. I don't know why but I'm def NOT complaining.