What Are You Going To Try Next?

AgeinATL

The Shea moisture frizz defense mask. I hope that it has reached my Walgreens. Going to look later this afternoon. I also want to try their DC for the low porosity line and MAYBE the charcoal shampoo.

Rastafarai

I'm trying to focus on heavily moisturizing my low porosity hair and ends this winter and strengthening/thickening my strands so I'll be trying:

Argan Oil
Sapote Oil
Bel Nuovo (hair milk and souffle)
Komaza Protein Treatment
Komaza Pona Hair Treatment and Anagen Elite
Jakeala Beau Vert Hair Masque

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
The Shea moisture frizz defense mask. I hope that it has reached my Walgreens. Going to look later this afternoon. I also want to try their DC for the low porosity line and MAYBE the charcoal shampoo.
They have a charcoal poo? When it tried to search the web the African Black Soap kept coming up.

Anaisin

Shea Moisture, I haven't tried many of the products. Will try all 4 new lines + Superfruit, Fruit Fusion, Manuka collections

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
MyHoneyChild Type 3 Hair Creme. I've used the Type 4 creme. It's good but a bit too greasy.
Follow up. The type 3 hair crème is an oil free cream which dried up and evaporated too quickly to be useful for my hair. Whatever oils they use in the type 4 crème would keep my hair coated days longer. The type 3 crème worked a little better on my hair after I relaxed it but I wouldn't repurchase.

The type 3 hair crème gave me the same results as Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie which I didn't particularly like either. The MHC is whipped a little thicker than the shea moisture product though.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
bc a low porosity head on here said she liked it and it has cocoa butter and avocado oil. *waiting for Hattache to have another sale*
I really liked the product alot (actually liked everything I got from Afroveda) but after all the ruckus behind product inconsistencies and other issues I never reordered.

I don't understand the whole porosity thing. My hair drinks everything I put on it but I recall the cocolatte keeping my flat twists moist after taking them down two weeks later.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Detanglers:
Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
Honey Baby Naturals Knot My Honey Instant Detangler

Leave-in:
TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In

If these work well, then I can implement my regimen fully with only on-the-ground products.

Alma Petra

I want to try the following for curl definition:

1. Rhassoul clay
2. Devacurl decadence 1 condition (I read about it here from @YvetteWithJoy: I used to lurk for long and I love her posts)

Any tips for the use of these two products will be greatly appreciated. Who is a fan of them? And do you guys think that they do indeed have the capacity to help me define my natural curls? I really really don't want to go back to experimenting with relaxer on my hair if at all possible.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I want to try the following for curl definition:

1. Rhassoul clay
2. Devacurl decadence 1 condition (I read about it here from @YvetteWithJoy: I used to lurk for long and I love her posts)

Any tips for the use of these two products will be greatly appreciated. Who is a fan of them? And do you guys think that they do indeed have the capacity to help me define my natural curls? I really really don't want to go back to experimenting with relaxer on my hair if at all possible.

Awww, thanks, @Alma Petra.

I will say that I've never heard anyone else say that the DevaCurl Decadence One Condition defines their curls. For that reason I recommend that, if possible, you find a way to try it without paying for it. It did indeed define my curls: If my hair was not devoid of conditioner-blocking silicones and I let the shower steam steam in the DevaCurl Decadence, my coils became hydrated, moisturized, and defined.

I am now wondering if the reason DevaCurl Decadence One Condition defined my curls was because my protein/moisture balance was off. It contains protein. Once I gave myself a Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener treatment, my coils seemed to change: All I have to do is add water now, and BOING! Definition.

In my opinion DevaCurl Decadence is expensive. So if you can find a stylist that uses it, that might be the best way to go instead of paying for it. You do have to be careful about going to stylists, though. I have found that they are not gentle with my hair. They only way I'll go now is if I've fully detangled my hair, saturated it in conditioner, and chunky twisted it up. That way they have NO EXCUSES to feel the need to rip through my hair when combing it.

I bought the DevaCurl Kit for $49 in order to trial the conditioner. I felt better about buying that kit than paying $22+ dollars for just on product. I only tried it because I was desperate and the highly rated stylist (that I researched and then tried) swore by it.

I hope others chime in to recommend curl definers. No matter what you end up trialing, I hope something works! I feel you: I get tempted every now and then to straighten my hair, and I'm always hoping I don't!

Alma Petra

Awww, thanks, @Alma Petra.

I will say that I've never heard anyone else say that the DevaCurl Decadence One Condition defines their curls. For that reason I recommend that, if possible, you find a way to try it without paying for it. It did indeed define my curls: If my hair was not devoid of conditioner-blocking silicones and I let the shower steam steam in the DevaCurl Decadence, my coils became hydrated, moisturized, and defined.

I am now wondering if the reason DevaCurl Decadence One Condition defined my curls was because my protein/moisture balance was off. It contains protein. Once I gave myself a Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener treatment, my coils seemed to change: All I have to do is add water now, and BOING! Definition.

In my opinion DevaCurl Decadence is expensive. So if you can find a stylist that uses it, that might be the best way to go instead of paying for it. You do have to be careful about going to stylists, though. I have found that they are not gentle with my hair. They only way I'll go now is if I've fully detangled my hair, saturated it in conditioner, and chunky twisted it up. That way they have NO EXCUSES to feel the need to rip through my hair when combing it.

I bought the DevaCurl Kit for $49 in order to trial the conditioner. I felt better about buying that kit than paying $22+ dollars for just on product. I only tried it because I was desperate and the highly rated stylist (that I researched and then tried) swore by it.

I hope others chime in to recommend curl definers. No matter what you end up trialing, I hope something works! I feel you: I get tempted every now and then to straighten my hair, and I'm always hoping I don't!

Thank you so much for the insight @YvetteWithJoy
I should try the protein treatment then lol
But in the past I've had a few negative experiences with hard protein treatments so I don't know what to expect. I got overloaded with roughness and dryness in the past and every time it scares me because it takes weeks and trials of many products for my hair to go back to normal.

But I think that I'd rather buy the expensive products than go to a stylist because stylists will probably cost more than the products, plus my ends are too fragile for rough handling. They snag even immediately after thorough detangling; they will make the stylist go crazy lol

I might as well trial that protein treatment...

So you don't use One Condition anymore Yvette?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
But in the past I've had a few negative experiences with hard protein treatments so I don't know what to expect. I got overloaded with roughness and dryness in the past and every time it scares me because it takes weeks and trials of many products for my hair to go back to normal.

But I think that I'd rather buy the expensive products than go to a stylist because stylists will probably cost more than the products, plus my ends are too fragile for rough handling. They snag even immediately after thorough detangling; they will make the stylist go crazy lol

I saw in another post that you are LowPo, is that correct? Too much protein or too frequent protein is not good for anyone's hair, but especially LowPo hair.

I still use the DevaCurl Decadence One Condition. My hair loves it.

Hmm. There's a Low Porosity thread. They may have some good ideas. I'll try to find the link!

Alma Petra

I saw in another post that you are LowPo, is that correct? Too much protein or too frequent protein is not good for anyone's hair, but especially LowPo hair.

I still use the DevaCurl Decadence One Condition. My hair loves it.

Hmm. There's a Low Porosity thread. They may have some good ideas. I'll try to find the link!

Thanks a lot dear!

Well I'm confused about my porosity. I think that it might be low because the relaxed parts are much easier to moisturize than the natural parts. Sometimes the natural parts just seem to be impossible to moisturize. But at the same time I feel that all of my hair dries up overly quickly so it makes me think that I'm high po. I don't know.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Here's the link the LowPo Support thread: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/low-porosity-support-thread.612057/

I browsed it quickly: Some LowPo heads can use protein, some cannot. Some can use glycerin, some cannot. Etc., etc. It seems like most of them benefit strongly from steaming. There's lot of talk about products. Should be a good read!

Last edited: