what are you thankful for...hair spinoff

doriannc

I know we are constantly trying to improve our hair, but why don't we take out the time and just write down what we are currently thankful for!
Me:

-I'm glad that I was able to buy that Joico on sale this week :lachen::lachen::lachen:
now my hair is the softest it has ever been
-I'm glad that my hair is growing, finally. but I'm still not BSL yet. :rolleyes:
-I love being natural, and I love that I'm starting a trend with my family and friends to be natural or be more careful of harmful products or "NuGro" products
-Being natural has allowed me to be more comfortable with myself and stand out.
-did I mention, I'm in love with Joico right now? :p

What are you in love with hair wise or thankful for?

isabella09

- I’m thankful to have found LHCF
- I’m thankful to have found my beloved staples and a regimen that works so well for me.
- I’m thankful to be transitioning and I absolutely love my hair natural hair
- I’m thankful to have all the salon appliances I need especially my hair steamer.

bestblackgirl

I'm thankful for LHCF
I'm thanful to have found the perfect products for my hair
I'm thankful that my perception of black hair has changed. I'm aiming for WSL/TBL
I'm thankful that my hair is healthy and growing

Sapphire_chic

I"m thankful for this board, youtube (sometimes not the comments though) and fotkis

discovering garnier fructis repair and shine.

my hair's health and growth :)

denman brush (i love you sooo much) and rediscovered FHI

Chromia

I'm thankful for all of the hair care info on this site, fotki, and youtube.

I'm thankful that I have a computer and Internet access at home.

I'm thankful that I am able to do my own hair.

I'm thankful that when I finally got around to trying the Silk Elements Olive Treatment I loved it and it happened to be on sale, so I bought more.

I'm thankful that Ulta finally opened 2 locations near me.

I'm thankful for all of the Sally locations, the Trade Secret stores, and the Glamour Secrets stores near me.

I'm thankful for Aveda, Sephora, and Beauty Eternity in a mall near me.

I'm thankful that I have a full head of hair that is growing and retaining length.

I'm thankful for the time and money I have saved doing my own hair.

I'm thankful that I am able to buy whatever hair products I want, whether it's a drugstore brand or a salon/dept. store brand.

GreenD

I think everyone pretty much covered everything I was going to say. I'm probably most thankful to have a head full of beautiful hair that continues to grow and surprise me. Although it's thick and sometimes a little overwhelming for me, I'm definitely thankful for it.

Last edited:

anon123

I'm thankful that I have a head full of healthy hair.

I'm thankful that it's long enough to put in a bun

I'm thankful that the best detangling conditioner for me is 99 cent V05 and that my favorite shampoo is Trader Joes's Nourish Spa which is less than $3.

AfroKink

I'm thankful that I can comfortable ponytail and bun my hair. I don't think I'll even cut my hair shorter than it is now. Ponytails are so easy and liberating.

I'm thankful I found 2 detangling products that really work. No more tears on wash day!

I'm thankful that I'm finally discovering my stables. All I need now is a shampoo and I believe I'm set for success.

Lys

TeeWhyAre

I am very thankful for the hair i have on my head.
i am very thankful for scouring the interwebs and stumbling upon lhcf in a search for healthier, longer hair.
i am thankful for the ability to buy 50-11 conditioners and thankful for knowing that pantene nature fusion moisture balance is one of the greatest conditioners for my naturally curly head.

i am thankful for my current length
i am even thankful for shrinkage because it leaves me in awe at the wonder that is my hair.

i am thankful for understanding the difference between breakage and shedding and not freaking out over all the shed hairs in the shower.

i'm sure i'm thankful for more but this is all i got right now.

Barbie83

I'm thankful for thick healthy almost-APL hair that is relatively easy to manage.
I'm thankful for the knowledge I've gained this year from LHCF.
I'm thankful for peppermint oil and scalp massages!
I'm thankful for Aphogee after years of starving my hair of protein.
I'm thankful for retaining 2 inches of growth in 6 months (an improvement over ZERO)

I'm super thankful for Babygurl and her website; she's my hair inspiration!! :yep:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I've finally repaired majority of my hair damage and its growing.
I've found my staples so I don't have to waste extra money.
My hair & I are just in a :heart: affair and I see no end to it.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I am thankful for finding my staples
Realising that using lye relaxer makes my hair much smoother and retain moisture better than no lye.
For this site for helping me discover these things

Nayeli

I'm thankful for this forum
I'm thankful for a BANGING stylist
I'm thankful for products that do what they say they'll do

msa

i am thankful for understanding the difference between breakage and shedding and not freaking out over all the shed hairs in the shower.

:look:I wish everyone had the same understanding and would stop making threads about their hair falling out or trying to stop shedding when it's impossible to do so.

Anyway, I am thankful for hair weave...and learning how to self-install.

I'm also thankful for having hair on my head.

And I'm thankful that my hair doesn't require all the "extra" stuff that other people's does.

Finally, I am thankful for my easy going attitude about growth that allows me not to get caught up in all the "growth aids" because hair grows therefore there's no reason to worry about it.

MichelleMyBelle

I'm thankful for my hair!

I'm thankful for not following many hair fads and trends because LHCF will keep a sister buying stuff.

I'm thankful for being wise enough to see what my hair needs are before applying products.

SparkleDoll

I'm thankful that I wore my hair in an updo for the last couple months. I used Indian powders along with deep conditioning and no heat. Last week I wore it down and it was so full, thick, and bouncy. My hair needed a serious break.

I'm also thankful my hair is still healthy considering I got it dyed light brown 3 months ago. I hope I don't start getting lazy with deep conditioning.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm Thankful for Understanding that You Can Recover From A Set-Back No Matter How Bad it Seems (at the time).

Im Thankful also for finally taking the Health and Wealth of My Hair into my Own Hands to nuture, to care for and to love.

And for the Desire to Read, Research and Learn what my hair issues are so that I can make Wise Decisions as to what Products, Regimens and Procedures I need to implement to get my Hair Health Back and to have Patience to Get There.:yep:

locabouthair

I'm thankful that the hair that broke off to 1/4 of an inch is growing back!!
I'm thankful for wave nouveau because it is making my hair feel soft.
I'm thankful for half-wigs because it's letting me hide my hair.
I'm thankful that I still have a hairline even though I wore braids for nearly 15 years.

And I'm most thankful for LHCF!! I'm so glad I found out what my hair really needs and that I can vent about my hair troubles because no one else is trying to hear it :lol:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
:look:I wish everyone had the same understanding and would stop making threads about their hair falling out or trying to stop shedding when it's impossible to do so.

Anyway, I am thankful for hair weave...and learning how to self-install.

I'm also thankful for having hair on my head.

And I'm thankful that my hair doesn't require all the "extra" stuff that other people's does.

Finally, I am thankful for my easy going attitude about growth that allows me not to get caught up in all the "growth aids" because hair grows therefore there's no reason to worry about it.

Thank You sooooooooo much for both these statements..I see some people's regimens 50-11 pages long and I'm like :ohwell::perplexed:look:....same thing with growth aids...no offense but unless your hair only grows like 1/16 of an inch monthly...why are they needed?...anyway if it floats someone's boat..I'm just too cheap to try all that stuff.

chebaby

im thankful that my hair is natural so its at its healthiest
im thankful for the information that ive found all over the internet
im thankful to have found so many great all natural products.

MissNadia

Class A Lurker
I am thankful for LHCF.

I am thankful for learning about overly pourous hair, and protective styling.

I am thankful to have hair the longest length it has ever been, and it continues to grow.

hillytmj

I am thankful for:
*To the Lord for answering long hair dreams with a resounding yes!
*This forum!!!
*The health and length of my hair
*My ability to take care of it myself (all due to LHCF)

BlackMasterPiece

I am thankful for the fact that everything I was made fun of for in elementary school like my thick lips, my huge hair, my tightly coily texture are now some of my biggest points of pride. I am thankful that I have always had a mother that was a shining example of natural black beauty and a huge support for me staying natural, I'm thankful that I live in NYC where people will stop you in your tracks to praise you for being natural and give you free meals at their restaurants for having a BAA. I am continuously grateful for the length I have attained.

I'm thankful for my uncanny ability to learn to do styles upon one viewing. I am thankful for my hair's thickness & the thickness and resilience of my strands. I am soooooo thankful for my hair texture and the myriad of things I can do with it. I'm thankful I've found a place chocked full of women just as Hair obsessed as I am.

Most of all I'm thankful I am now in a position to help other ladies have a smoother transition and make it so that little black girls with type 4 hair don't have to go thru what I went thru when I was little.

Last edited: