What are your favorite type of rollers???

What is your favorite type of roller?

• Mesh

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 154 41.5%
  • Snap-on Magnetic

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Flexi-rod

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • Perm rod

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Sponge

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Satin Covered Sponge (w/ or w/out clamp)

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Crimp/Wave

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Solar

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Caruso

Votes: 34 9.2%

• Total voters

blackhair

albane said:
After several tests, I am still faithful to my favorite blue mesh rollers. They give the bouncy style I love, they are easy to roll in and fix with the pins going through the mesh fabric and they are the best fit under the hood.
When I do not get the mood to stay under the dryer, I will use huge magnetic rollers and airdry in those. Thi will straight my hair, but without the bouncy style

Me too, I am still very faithful to my red and blue mesh rollers form MGC Paris. It is impossible to find them in the US but I just received by colissimo last week a whole new batch, courtesy of a friend of mine. They make really nice curls. Just hard to sleep on them though.

Bisous.

Radianthealth

KiniKakes said:
I prefer magnetic rollers, with the silver clip........ gives me a nice, smooth finish everytime, and they dont pull on/stress the hair at all.
Kinikakes:eek: Girl you need to stop with that Siggy pic!!! You look sooo good! (No Homo...I think:lachen: ) Just kidding I swear:lol:

Back on topic, I love Flexirods they are easy because everything else I have managed to screw up. Flexirods are the best for me even when I am 12 weeks post I can still get a cute style out of them:)

Islandgurrl

I am not a roller type of girl as mines never comes out right, so I've been air drying and I really do not like it. So I wanna try this rollerst thingy again :perplexed . I have a lotta of magnetic rollers but I really would like to try the mesh. Does anyone know where I can order the old school mesh online with the pins? Any experts that use the mesh - what's your experience been like?

InnerSoul

I voted for snap-on magnetic rollers.. these make my rollersets look fabulous! I also use the bigger magnetic sizes with the clips but I prefer the snap-ons since they stay in securely.

crlsweetie912

Islandgurrl said:
I am not a roller type of girl as mines never comes out right, so I've been air drying and I really do not like it. So I wanna try this rollerst thingy again :perplexed . I have a lotta of magnetic rollers but I really would like to try the mesh. Does anyone know where I can order the old school mesh online with the pins? Any experts that use the mesh - what's your experience been like?

You can get the rollers here. If you do a search on mesh rollers there are several threads. Here's one. I know that there are many more. I LOVE mesh rollers and don't use anything else to rollerset!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I love the magnetic rollers, that smooth feeling all the way to the tip :love:

mesh rollers- seem to leave the print from the mesh on my hair, it's great if you like to have a texture feel to the hair, but I don't like them.

rods- are great, but I'm w/you on them popping back at my fingers. :lol:

Caruso's- are a wonder product, they give rollerset results in 20 minutes w/o all the hassle.

Flexi rods- love these like my magnetic rollers, I just don't get to use them as much as I would like :perplexed .

MrsHouston

crlsweetie912 said:
You can get the rollers here. If you do a search on mesh rollers there are several threads. Here's one. I know that there are many more. I LOVE mesh rollers and don't use anything else to rollerset!

Thanks for posting this link to purchase these rollers. I just got some from Sally's, but I will return them for the larger white pair on this site.

LaNecia

This weekend I went out first thing Saturday morning and found some of the Annie Mesh Rollers. I bought them and the pins to go with them.

I have flexi-rods, magnetics, Caruso's and the perm rods and by far the Mesh are my favorite. The only thing I didnt like was the pins, I couldn't get them to secure the roller and ended using large hair pins instead.

It was the first time in a number of years that I was pleased with a rollerset done at home.

Thanks ladies!

hOnii

i love my hype hair satin rollers. they do great when i want to go curly. if i could find some in a larger size that would be great.

RubyWoo

Mesh all the way:love:!! I get a nice smooth, bouncy set from them and they get my roots very straight. I also love the fast drying time!

I've attempted to use magnetics but I can never get them tight onto my scalp and they take FOREVER to dry...lol. I need to practice some more but I'll probably go to the salon and watch them do it before I make another attempt.

csmoot

I like the magnetic rollers for when I get my wash and set done at the Dominican shop. I cannot roller set myself-kudos to those who can. I do like the flexi-rod rollers on dry hair in the mid week bc I workout and to take a break from wrapping.

nicki6

Right now, my fav is the flex rod:up: After 2.5years, I've learned how to use them properly and I've never gotten more compliments:D

They give a nice, full look and I can sleep in them..perfection!

HoneyDew

I am sure I posted in this thread somewhere, but I am still loving my Satin Covered Sponge rollers. I don't do wet sets, but the satin foam ones help me keep my curls bumped overnight.

I like the Scunci ones, but I cannot seem to find them anymore. I was using the Annie ones but they are so cheap and the satin unravels.

I recently ordered some Goody So Finished Satin covered foam rollers from CVS.com. WE'll see if those are good.

shunta

I love the magnetic rollers because they get my ends super smooth. Ive tried the mesh ones but could never get the hang of it, plus those end papers annoy me.

seymone

Well I did my first rollerset today with the hard mesh rollers.. It was easy got the rollerset done in about 20 mins.. I have magnetic rollers but I have not used them..

Creatividual

I like the magnetic rollers for rollersetting my hair and the various sizes of cold wave rollers for spirals to big, loose curls. I love rollers. My poor Solia flat iron has been neglected!:lol: