What are your favorite type of rollers???

What is your favorite type of roller?

• Mesh

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 154 41.5%
  • Snap-on Magnetic

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Flexi-rod

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • Perm rod

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Sponge

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Satin Covered Sponge (w/ or w/out clamp)

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Crimp/Wave

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Solar

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Caruso

Votes: 34 9.2%

• Total voters

Essensual

When I was relaxed, I really loved magnetic with the silver clips. As a natural I have recently discovered and fallen in love with mesh with the plastic "push pin" holders. I just rolled my DDs hair with these before she went to bed. Can't wait to see her results (she is relaxed w/ about 1 month new growth).

PearlyCurly

I LOVE flexi rods, to me they are so much easier then using the magnetic kind. Plus my hair gets straight but it is still has curls at the same time!!! When ever i use the magnetic kind my hair only gets straight with a slight "bump"..

And did i mention the flexis are much easier to sleep in??!

sheedahp

Ive only tried the magnetic rollers and the vent rollers for rollersets. The vent rollers works best, dont use the pins though and the flexirods gives nice curls but they are hell to try to sleep on.

Wildkat08

Ive only tried the magnetic rollers and the vent rollers for rollersets. The vent rollers works best, dont use the pins though and the flexirods gives nice curls but they are hell to try to sleep on.

What do u use in place of the pins? Clips?

WaistLengthDreams

Magnetic rollers are my favorite. I use them with just about every wash day routine. But I also love the hair styles that I can create with the Flexirods (on dry/flat ironed hair) and carusos!

Jas123

The Star of a Story
a combo of the mesh roller & the snap that comes w/the magnetic rollers works best 4 me

Magnetic when I want my hair straight and perm rods for the curly look.

On a side note: I googled Caruso Rollers because I've never seen them before. 3 of the images were of LHCF'ers :lol: I was somewhat surprised but I don't know why!

candy626

Love mesh rollers. Especially the Jumbo Plastic Mesh rollers I got from Italy. I really, really want to master magnetics though. I feel like I will have mastered rollersetting once I figure these out.

FoxxyLocs

Flexi rods are the only ones that work for me. They're easy to use and you can put more hair on each one than with conventional rollers. It can take over an hour to roll my hair with magnetics, but I can do a flexi rod set in 20-30 minutes.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Lilmama1011

FoxxyLocs said:
Flexi rods are the only ones that work for me. They're easy to use and you can put more hair on each one than with conventional rollers. It can take over an hour to roll my hair with magnetics, but I can do a flexi rod set in 20-30 minutes.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I can't use a flexi rod to save my life, it never comes out to the scalp! I'm using curls former now, much easier for me, the down fall is my curls only last out two days and to me the second day it looks a mess

winona

The only rollers I have been able to successfully use as a natural is curlformers. My plan for this summer is practice with my mesh and magnetic(I was good at magnetic while relaxed) because for length checks I prefer to roller set then flat iron.

sweetypoo705

Flexi rods and the pillow soft rollers work best for me. I used to use the sponge and magnetic rollers, but ever since I started to take meds for my thyroid a few years ago, my hair would not even hold a curl for even an hour! The other plus for these choices is that they are comfy to sleep in and give me curls that last a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Pillow rollers...they're crap quality, but my fave for PS.
Curlformers....also good for PS, and I love my hair when I use them. And the curls really stay too!

golden_goddess

Plastic mesh-I only roll my hair to wrap it. These dry my hair super fast (compared to magnetic), and are easier to use than traditional mesh rollers (no end papers needed).

Magnetic used to be the favorite, but after trying mesh rollers, I now HATE magnetic rollers (hair takes forever to dry).

I also like flexi rods for blending hair with weaves/wigs.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Flexirods all day everyday. 2nd is pillow rollers (satin covered foam), last but not least magnetic rollers. Nothing gets my hair sleeker than a magnetic roller and a roundbrush

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Salon Care Magnetic Snap on magnetic rollers. Size 1 3/4 inch and up.

Flexi rods as a close 2nd

Haven't tried any other rollers and really have no desire to.

Destiny9109

I only use magnetic, because they make my hair the smoothest, but I think flexirods would make my life easier.

nlamr2013

Can't choose. I love magnetic, perm rods, flexi, Spiral, curl formers, and even straws. All serve their purpose.

greenandchic

Does anyone do heatless roller sets, on either wet or dry hair? I set my hair in 4 Bantu knots when I want some curl but I want a different pattern and something I can sleep on!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Supervixen

It's a toss up between Caruso and Magnetics (I use big bobby pins instead of the silver clips).

Five years later, I still <3 Caruso rollers! I can only get a decent magnetic roller set if I band my hair. Then I still have indentions at the roots.