What are your favorite type of rollers???

What is your favorite type of roller?

• Mesh

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 154 41.5%
  • Snap-on Magnetic

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Flexi-rod

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • Perm rod

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Sponge

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Satin Covered Sponge (w/ or w/out clamp)

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Crimp/Wave

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Solar

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Caruso

Votes: 34 9.2%

• Total voters

prospurr4

Well I did my first rollerset today with the hard mesh rollers.. It was easy got the rollerset done in about 20 mins.. I have magnetic rollers but I have not used them..

Where can I buy hard mesh rollers? Do I have to use end papers with these? Thanks.

eunique

I use snap-on magnetic rollers and perm-rods for the back of my hair. I haven't been able to find magnetic rollers small enough to use on the back, so I do the perm rods.

neonbright

I love Magnetic rollers and used them for years, got lazy with having someone do my hair and updo styles. And yes heat the enemy my ionic blow dryer to go my hair fast. So since I moved and have not unpack all my stuff, who knows where my rollers are. Found the dryer, so I went out to the BSS and go some Snap-on Magnetic rollers and hey they work just as great.

MadisonK

Hi,

I thought mesh rollers would pull on hair. Which mesh rollers are the best? What's the difference between hard mesh and the soft mesh?

Right now I'm using the snap magnetic, but I was looking to make my drying time faster. Do mesh rollers make drying faster?

Thanks!

LovelyLionessa

I've been using mesh rollers but I'd like to give magnetics another go sometime and see if it'd they'd give an even smoother set.

Last edited:

BeautifulNameX

Great post! My summer project is to learn to wet roller set. I plan on purchasing snap on since they are easy but will i need end paper and what kind of dents and creases do they leave

PinkPeony

Flexi Rods.
Everything else always ended in one big poofy mess and me wasting hours trying to get the rolers tight:nono:
I'm just not roller setting savy at all and flexi's are so simple and easy:yep:
(thx again Dsylla)

shmmr

I have mesh, flex rod, magnetic, snap ons, & perm rods - I think I'm a roller junkie!
Flexirods are my current fav.

One question though (well, actually 2), I have the mesh - but they have a metal wire in the inside so it gets HOT under the dryer. Are there mesh rollers without the wire?

and secondly, I have big mesh rollers, anyone ever see long or extra long pins? If I could find that, I think I'd sell all the magnetic ones.....

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I have been collecting all kinds of rollers. I like different ones for different purposes. For the first 7 weeks after relaxer I like Magnetic rollers because they give a beautiful smooth set. During weeks 8-12 I love using Hard MESH rollers, they get my roots really straight and smooth, so much so that I don't have you flat iron or blow dry them. The next thing I'm working on is flexi rods. They have always been a challenge for me but I'm determined to finally get it right this summer.

DivaD04

I like my foam rollers...i know t's not an option but i like them especially b/c it's covered with satin.

mistee11

I like the satin covered foam w/clamp because they are comfortable to sleep in ... i just don't care for the ridge it gives and then I have to use a flat iron to remove the crease. I do like magnetic w/fastener -- very easy to use and it gives me lots of body when I roll hair up with Affirm Wrap Foam. I'm also a fan of the mesh ones too but the flexirods give a great curly look but sometimes my hair looks too frizzy when I use the flexirods. :sad:

shmmr

Anyone know if there are extra long pins available for the mesh rollers? I found some big mesh rollers in the BSS but I have to use bobby pins because my regular pins are too small.....

CurlyMoo

I don't roll my hair, but I do bantu knot, twist and braid. I think they give the same results as rollers. I am not comfortable with rollers. This thread reminds me of how much I have changed my hair lifestyle. :yep:

LovinLocks

Magnetic + natural

Anybody with natural hair use the magnetic rollers? I'm on here now trying to find 4-1-1 about roller sets. I have not considered them since waaaay back in the day; however, my DD mentioned, more than once, that I should try it.

vkb247

I would love to know what works for the ladies with lots of texture? I would also love to see a picure of someone with mesh w/ pins set. I can't even begin to figure out how this works...

vkb247

This is how I place the pins.

Nvm. This is a pic from the thread posted earlier. I'm still not sure I get it though...:ohwell:

vkb247

once you get the pins in at the correct angle, which i put the pin in at the bottom and angle it toward my scalp like this \ the pin will lay on your scalp, it won't hurt unless you are digging in your scalp with the pin, but you will have no problem. hth

This is what finally made the lightbulb go off. I get it! :grin:

:blush:

:look:

Seems like i'm having a convo with myself. Hope somebody else finds this useful...:yep:

msmarc1

Magnetic. I like flexirods but they take me a while to get my hair right, but the curls are amazing. I've used others (mesh, sponge), but I've just gotten back into rollersetting regularly over the past year and right now magnetic rollers work for.

LivingDol1

i use magnetic and like how smooth my hair gets with those.

i used to use mesh rollers ages ago. if they had as much size variation as the magnetic rollers, i'd totally try them again, esp if it cuts on drying time.

momi

I am still looking for the "hard plastic" mesh rollers... I have not been able to find them anywhere.

Anyone????