What Can I Do About This Patch Of Hair?

Mandy4610

Help a sista out y’all.

I have fairly healthy hair except for this patch here that’s super fuzzy, thinner strands, breaks easily, has no definition and tangles on itself way more than the rest of my head. I also seem to get a lot more single strand knots in that area.

Any ideas what could be going on there? It wasn’t always like that, I would say it started around after I had my twins (5.5yrs ago) or after I coloured my hair for the first (almost 5yrs ago, coooirnis all Cut off now)
What could be going on and what can I do about it? Any ideas?

PS: How do I add pictures? Been here for over 10 years and don’t post much anymore, so I have no idea how that works now. ‍

edit: I think I figured out the pictures :)

55E198AE-A758-49BB-BCA1-9894C4B96101.jpeg 4FDEE464-6D38-4B0F-B3DB-0577B3EB8CC3.jpeg 8070D220-C6BF-41FA-95B4-02D550A651A7.jpeg

Last edited:

CurlyWhoCrux

Protein! Even if it’s just like taking a bit of a strengthening/repairing conditioner on just that section. Protein is supposed to reinforce thin strands and prevent hair from breaking, as well as provide structure for improved definition. Make sure you use a product that actually has a protein ingredient; don’t just go by the marketing. Companies try to deceive people that way.

Pictures, I know you have to resize them and then click the little icon of the mountain and sun in the format options if you uploaded them to another site, or click Upload File and it’ll let you go look through your photos on your phone/computer.

Attachments

• 37DC86E2-4E50-4063-A85D-21113248C672.jpeg
    37DC86E2-4E50-4063-A85D-21113248C672.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 7D3EC818-B957-418E-B9D7-ED4DF36A8157.jpeg
    7D3EC818-B957-418E-B9D7-ED4DF36A8157.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 5

Mandy4610

Protein! Even if it’s just like taking a bit of a strengthening/repairing conditioner on just that section. Protein is supposed to reinforce thin strands and prevent hair from breaking, as well as provide structure for improved definition. Make sure you use a product that actually has a protein ingredient; don’t just go by the marketing. Companies try to deceive people that way.

Pictures, I know you have to resize them and then click the little icon of the mountain and sun in the format options if you uploaded them to another site, or click Upload File and it’ll let you go look through your photos on your phone/computer.
thank you so much. I have been doing protein treatments more often but I have also been keeping my hair in protective styles and don’t get to do the protein treatments for a few weeks at a time. What protein conditioners do you recommend? I have been using Aphogee for more intense treatments and Mielle Babasu for light treatments. I also use the Aubrey GPB occasionally.

also what’s the best tool for resizing pictures? I wanted to add a photo to this threat so I can show what my hair looks like.

Miss_Luna

I have the same issue. I have a patch where I had to get stitches as a child from falling down the stairs.

That section is shorter than the rest of my hair because it constantly breaks. It's very wiry and dry even after deep conditioning. I was going to loc it up because it's always matted and tangled.
I'll be taking tips, as well.

CurlyWhoCrux

I don’t really have one specific recommendation as I like to try lots of different products whenever I run out of them.
L’Oreal 8 Second Wonder Water is something I like to use lately.
Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Strengthening mask (Mielle also has a collection using rice water which I think is supposed to strengthen hair, so could be worth looking into).
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey And Yogurt Protein line (pale blue packaging) is geared towards strengthening/repairing, although admittedly I think there’s too much Shea butter in the treatment for my hair but could work for you.

I’ve never used Aphogee but it seems popular so that might be a fine place to start.

For resizing pictures, I either just edit them using the editing tools on my phone or on my computer, I just download a generic photo editing app from the App Store.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Do you think it could be hormonal? You said it happened after you had your twins. As far a picture wise if you have iOS 13 or something you can change the size of your picture to small before you upload it.

BeautifulRoots

Do you think it could be hormonal? You said it happened after you had your twins. As far a picture wise if you have iOS 13 or something you can change the size of your picture to small before you upload it.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps it could be a hormonal or nutritional issue that hasn't corrected itself after childbirth.

Mandy4610

it might be hormonal I am not sure. My twins are 5.5yrs old so I thought anything hormonal would have resolved itself by now? Hormones are complicated though so maybe it is.

Mandy4610

I figured out the pictures and posted them :)
Thank you

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
it might be hormonal I am not sure. My twins are 5.5yrs old so I thought anything hormonal would have resolved itself by now? Hormones are complicated though so maybe it is.
You’re definitely right about them being complicated cause sometimes they need a little help lol