Whimsy

...a youtube vid?

- hair length?
- texture similar to yours?
- product reviews?
- style tutorials?
- hair maintenance tutorials?
- video diary type stuff?

Just curious, because it was suggested to me to make my blog into a vlog, and I'm thinking of doing it. I just don't know what people would care to even see! :grin:

So, do let me know what it is you look for in the hair videos you watch on YT or wherever.

Thanks girls!

glamazon386

I usually prefer to look at people who have a similar texture to mine because it's more likely that their products and techniques will work for my hair. I'm usually looking for styles though. But sometimes I'll watch people with a different texture just to see what they're talking about and if I like their techniques. They also have to use what I would consider good products (not necessarily expensive ones) and healthy practices. The rest isn't really all that important.

Whimsy

I usually prefer to look at people who have a similar texture to mine because it's more likely that their products and techniques will work for my hair. I'm usually looking for styles though. But sometimes I'll watch people with a different texture just to see what they're talking about and if I like their techniques. They also have to use what I would consider good products (not necessarily expensive ones) and healthy practices. The rest isn't really all that important.

Hey glam, thank you for the response, but I gotta tell ya... i dont know why i just noticed that you're from DIVATOWN USA!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen: very cute!!!:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Product reviews
Hairstyle tutorials--I am challenged in this area although I am trying to grow long hair. Go figure.

glamazon386

Hey glam, thank you for the response, but I gotta tell ya... i dont know why i just noticed that you're from DIVATOWN USA!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen: very cute!!!:yep:

:lachen: That's been up there for a minute. But yeah I exist in my own world. :look: Baltimore ain't exactly the bees knees lol Gotta make the best of it.

I prefer when they list whatever products they are using in the side description box. Having that list on the side really helps when you want to duplicate a style.

leona2025

I look for style tutorials that's it. I don''t really need product reviews because the ladies here keep me in the BSS. I need to see cute buns and other easy to do styles.

I look for similar texture (dunno why but rarely do type 4b/c make videos)
-What products they use. If I see a user using all "black" hair care products, then I will stop watching it.
- Hair length (this really doesn't matter as long as their short hair is due to a BC more recent than 3 years)
- Clarity of the video. I don't care how good the video is, if I cant hear/see you, I wont watch it.
- Methods of doing the hair. Is she too rough? Is she not applying enough product? Is she speaking knowledgeably about hair? Is she rambling? All of that takes precedent in what I will/will not watch.

tash85

I look for..

Hairstyles from a person with a similar texture to my own. I would say that the best videos to watch are those that..

Have a individual you can personally identify with
Do not go on for too long
Have an element of humour
Give precise instructions and give details of the products/tools used
Update regularly
Use a good quality camera and mic!

Hope that helps!

RubyWoo

...a youtube vid?

- hair length?
- product reviews?
- style tutorials?

Just curious, because it was suggested to me to make my blog into a vlog, and I'm thinking of doing it. I just don't know what people would care to even see! :grin:

So, do let me know what it is you look for in the hair videos you watch on YT or wherever.

Thanks girls!

Mainly someone with a similar texture to mine. However, I also look for the following:
-styling tutorials
-maintenance/regimen tutorials
-great personality

So far my fav natural youtube channel/person is rustic beauty! I love her hair:love: and her personality. She also has a wide variety of videos that address various aspects of her hair journey.

Solitude

Tutorials/product reviews/ health of the person's hair

I watch mostly people who are relaxed and do no-heat styling, but I watch all kinds of videos, natural hair & relaxed hair if the person knows what she is talking about. A lot of people with non-ethnic hair use the same products, or have great updo styling techniques & makeup tutorials.

The clarity of the video is important. I may like someone, but I'm not following the vids if the quality of the video & pics is really poor. I also like an upbeat, positive personality.

MummysGirl

In no particular order....
Similar hair textures, product reviews and styel tutorials.
...a youtube vid?

- hair length?
- product reviews?
- style tutorials?

Thanks girls!

Whimsy

Thanks for the responses girls. I finally started a youtube channel. Only one lil intro video up so far though.

dlewis

I don't watch many. Just the ones you all post. But I like seeing texture, length, hair health and good info.

Carrie A

Personality, some pep, a good speech flow and not too much teeth sucking (a lot of people do that). Good instructions. Good quality lighting and sound I watch videos for different hair types.

BlackMasterPiece

Top two must haves: Texture similar to mines and Healthy Length. From that point on I evaluate their understanding of healthy hair practices, then I like to see new styling/DC techniques.

Similar texture means the tips will be relevant and usable to me and the length means that the person has been successful with their reggie.

From that point on, I'll take their views and tips into account, without those two factors......... its onto the next.

Last edited:

Khaiya

Healthy hair, i'll listen to what you have to say if i see positive results on your head.

Whimsy

I would love to see it. Where's the link?

http://www.youtube.com/whimsycurl

Personality, some pep, a good speech flow and not too much teeth sucking (a lot of people do that). Good instructions. Good quality lighting and sound I watch videos for different hair types.

LMAO @ teeth sucking!!! i havent noticed that yet.

I subscribed and added you as a friend...looking forward to more vids!

Thanks!! I am uploading the bantu knot out results and two simple bun videos right now.

misslynn4x4

TUTORIALS...too much talking is crazy boring.

Great Quality and Lighting. It’s pointless if I cannot see you.

Similar hair is not necessary as long as you give good advice and have nice looking hair.

I heart YouTube. I am constantly on there watching hair vid

DarkHair

I like for the vid to have
-great sound
-no background distractions
-good speaking voice
-good personality
-background info (weeks post, product used, etc)
-good technique

darlingdiva

--Good Personality
--Healthy Hair
--Styling Tutorials
--Flat-ironing Tutorials

Also, if you do a tutorial, PLEASE show the results. There is one youtuber who gives detailed tutorials but doesn't show the results. I've stopped watching her videos.