What Fashionable Hair Toys Are You Using These Days?

Isis

I notice that a lot of hair toys such as barrettes haven't really been the fashion hair focus much of this year (please correct me if I'm wrong!). What are you ladies using for your buns and ponytails, for example?

CarLiTa

I pin up my hair with this really cool clip, made of silver metal with pretty flowery designs on it.
i have this other plain plastic one too.
i use satin scrunchies for my buns.
i want cuter hair accessories but i have so many things on my list to buy before the new year! i'm running out of all my products, i need to restock and i dont have much cash so i want to focus on the products right now rather than the accessories... :look:

Isis

I understand CarLita. It's almost Christmas time though so maybe some well-placed hints will get you those hair accessories this year! ;)

I started this thread because it seems either there isn't anything new with hair styling toys this year or it's very minimal. For example, I went out the other night and noticed quite a few ponytails secured with plain rubberband looking things - nothing pretty or fancy.

Am I mistaken or am I just behind with the latest trends? I would like to hear more of what you ladies are doing with dressing up your hair. Same as last year?

Last edited:

CarLiTa

Bodicea used to have some really cute hair accessories but I don't see her here anymore...

this year, it's all about keeping it bunned with that MTG etc :lol:

Isis

CarLiTa said:
Bodicea used to have some really cute hair accessories but I don't see her here anymore...

this year, it's all about keeping it bunned with that MTG etc :lol:
Yes, she is one of my hair idols and the queen of hair accessories and updos!
I ran a thread similar to this a year ago or so but everyone was wearing flowers in their hair, hair sticks and other fun things. I'm not seeing that anymore on this board or in fashion magazines. Buns can be dressed up too...

czyfaith77

Isis, I use flowers (which makes me feel ultra feminine) sticks, I have even used what was suppose to be a bookmark but was a paper clip with a real pretty large butterfly (no one knew and it didn't hurt my hair ;) ) Don't worry about what other people are wearing wear what makes you feel good. I also found some nice things at Claire's. I don't know if you have one but it is a accessory store. Oh, I forgot, my friends like it. I take old jewelry like wooden necklaces, beaded necklaces, cooper necklaces, African and Native American inspired jewelry and in it around my bun. There is always the trust scarf to. I also like jewelry on my pins. I doin't buy them like this becasue they don't seel the pins with the wax bulbs on them like this. These are the only ones I use because they do not hurt my scalp. HTH
Isis said:
Yes, she is one of my hair idols and the queen of hair accessories and updos!
I ran a thread similar to this a year ago or so but everyone was wearing flowers in their hair, hair sticks and other fun things. I'm not seeing that anymore on this board or in fashion magazines. Buns can be dressed up too...

Isis

czyfaith77 said:
Isis, I use flowers (which makes me feel ultra feminine) sticks, I have even used what was suppose to be a bookmark but was a paper clip with a real pretty large butterfly (no one knew and it didn't hurt my hair ;) ) Don't worry about what other people are wearing wear what makes you feel good. I also found some nice things at Claire's. I don't know if you have one but it is a accessory store. Oh, I forgot, my friends like it. I take old jewelry like wooden necklaces, beaded necklaces, cooper necklaces, African and Native American inspired jewelry and in it around my bun. There is always the trust scarf to. I also like jewelry on my pins. I doin't buy them like this becasue they don't seel the pins with the wax bulbs on them like this. These are the only ones I use because they do not hurt my scalp. HTH

Sounds like you have your own hair fashion statement Czyfaith, which is great! :yep: That's how it should be. I do believe in being creative and doing one's own thing. I glued semi-precious stones on plain hair sticks last year which I liked and wore flowers and silk ribbons on my buns. You have some good ideas...I do have some beaded jewelry necklaces that were on sale at Jo-Ann's Fabric Store I could use around a bun or maybe a ponytail.

Isis

CarLiTa said:
I pin up my hair with this really cool clip, made of silver metal with pretty flowery designs on it.
I have something like this too and it can be elegant-looking.

Starian

I have a big collection of Chinese chopsticks. I'm not sure if people still consider them trendy, though. My least expensive pair is 6.99 and my most expensive pair is 22.00. They're pretty unique because no one I know wears them, so it's MY thing, or whatever. They keep my bun from looking grandmotherly, although some people say it looks like that regardless,:lol: .

Isis

Starian said:
I have a big collection of Chinese chopsticks. I'm not sure if people still consider them trendy, though. My least expensive pair is 6.99 and my most expensive pair is 22.00. They're pretty unique because no one I know wears them, so it's MY thing, or whatever. They keep my bun from looking grandmotherly, although some people say it looks like that regardless,:lol: .
Somehow I feel the chopsticks will always add an elegant touch to our buns and updos. You said yours are unique so I bet your hair buns are beautiful!

I don't own any expensive ones yet although I've had my eye on a couple of beautiful silver and crystal ones.