What gets you through your hair blahs?

Like the subject line reads, what helps you when you are frustrated with your hair? For me, finding new rinses or some hair tips will get me past that struggling point. Also, I will look around at people who have beautiful manes(and keep it healthy...like the women here)and get some inspiration from their hair:)
What about you?

I would have to agree with you LavenderDutchess, when I get frustrated with my hair I look at the women on the board that have healthy hair it inspires me to know that one day I can get there too
grin.gif

I either color mine, wear it curly, or put it away. I am HATING my hair (and everything else about my appearance) today. It's in an ugly little bun.
tongue.gif

When I have my 'blah' moment, which means I'm tired of getting the same ol wrap
look.gif
, I'll put in red or light brown hair pieces, get a really long weave (6 inches past my bra strap), or get my hair crimped.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
It's in an ugly little bun.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im hating my hair too right now, its and ugly bun as well. hen I am upset with my hair I always feel the need to wash it until it comes out right.

When I am hating my hair....I go and buy a new ponytail!
If it is really bad I go as far as getting my hair cornrowed.

Looking at some of the hair journals of the ladies on here. Reading the posts and wearing braids... And the way I feel here lately I think these braids will be in here for at least 3 months.

Thinking about the summer time and how my hair will look then! I think that in the summer by July or August my hair will look like this:
18972496.jpg

Hey Tracy! (waving) no negative thoughts for you. Only the best for my hair care warriors- just think about the stress you're saving your hair from by putting it in that PROTECTIVE BUN! and you know you are the bomb so stop stressing.

when i am in a hair blah- which is alot lately because I have been too busy with school and work and life- I moisturize and dust my ends like crazy so I feel like I'm contributing to my hair's health even though it doesn't look done. This keeps me happy because I know when I do wear my hair out it wlll be BOOTIFUL! ( I'm wrong for that- I know.) LOL.
Keep up the good work ladies,
caralexis
P.S. Tracy, you trying to leave us? (speaking on behalf of the city of New York)

I daydream about how I will look when I reach my hair goal. I also get inspiration from the board. Especially, Adrienne's hair journal.

sbaker said:
I daydream about how I will look when I reach my hair goal. I also get inspiration from the board. Especially, Adrienne's hair journal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definatly do that, at the moment, my hair will be in braids and for a VERY long time too
grin.gif

I usually make the mistake of getting a cut or coloring it, or cutting it myself
blush.gif
..and it always ends up looking horrible
frown.gif
. Everyone goes through that phase and the best thing is to just put it away...wear ponytails so you can't see it.

Looking at pictures from a year ago BEFORE the evil wench bleached my hair twice in a row then put color on top, which cause major breakage!!!!
mad.gif
look.gif
... breath.. breath... lol I'm over it now
grin.gif

I've been in a state of "hair blah" for a while now. But, I usually have some braids but in, but after they been in for a week I regret getting then. Cornrows do me NO justice. Or, my ole trusty wigs keeps me in a fantasy world for awhile(most of my wigs resemble my hair goal) or I do a ponytail. But, haven't been able to get one cause my hair has been underprocessed for what feels like eternity. **sigh** ( I can't wait til friday)
smile.gif

whip.gif
emgirl put the pictures down and walk away
grin.gif
remember tho that she aint worth the stress and stress causes yo hair to grow slower, and surely she aint worth it is she??

i put my hair in a bun and, like tonya, buy a new ponytail! for some reason, i feel like i got my hair did when i have a fresh ponytail.
grin.gif

adrienne

p.s. thanks, sbaker...
08.gif

adrienne, you?... hair blahs??? Oh please! you KNOWyour hair is always on point!!! You must be
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
for saying that...
laugh.gif

But seriously, you would never think a woman w/ such beautiful hair would have their "days" I gues no one is immune. Your hair is my dream hair!

I daydream about how I will look when I reach my hair goal. I also get inspiration from the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

you too??? I thought it was just me!
I'm in braids right now so I don't really have blah moments. I cringe when I think about what I'll have to deal with 2 weeks from now. I'll be taking out my braids and I'm in an ABSOLUTELY, UNDENIABLY inbetween stage right now.

Actually, I most feel a 'bleh' day if I'm getting ready to go out for the night and my hair just WILL NOT comply. Then I feel good to find a hat I like and fling that on to 'funk' up the outfit a bit. That gets me through alot.

Otherwise, I just fling it into a bun or do braid outs and plan a day quite soon when I'll do a rollarset to make myself feel better
laugh.gif

Reading posts from this board (if possible) on a daily basis. When I get lazy &amp; don't want to moisturize my hair or rub castor oil in places where my hair has broken off &amp; my scalp is clearly visible (my weak spots), I log onto this board. Your posts give me hope &amp; keep me encouraged. I also view the picture updates from members. Then I think maybe one day..... Plus, I run to the bathroom &amp; apply liquid moisturizer all over my head.

I'm so hoping my hair will really take off when I purchase &amp; start using my hair steamer.

So...you guys are my motivators when I experience the hair blahs.

clap.gif
clap.gif

Great thread!!

I think I probably echo everyone else by saying that coming to the board and reading the success stories really helps to keep me motivated.

However, because I get frustrated easily, I am tempted to cut it all off probably monthly.....well, that could be hormonal but anyway....so now I just have my hair in protective custody, braids (no extensions) that way I don't think about it for a few weeks.

Braids usually work really well for me to keep my mind off my hair!! Now if only I could find a hair dresser to give me some extensions sso I wouldn't have to think about my hair for a whole MONTH!!

Back