What happened to the Off Topic Forum?

MzLady78

MissScarlett said:
Dh asked me last week why we needed a babysitter if all I did when I get off work (at 7am) is get online, if I'm not going to sleep then I could watch ds:( . Umm....I wanted to say dude that is when I'm chatting with my online friends ok, that's MY time:lol: Shoot I guess I am gonna go and take a nap......

Just like a man, LOL.

People don't know, we're serious about our LHCF!

My mom told me I need some "real" friends. I'm like they are real!!!

reallynow

Once t'again it's Friday, slow as hell in the office and I can't even get my lurk on........we'll I am trying to get out of that lurk mode

neenee280

MzLady78 said:
Just like a man, LOL.

My mom told me I need some "real" friends. I'm like they are real!!!

Your mom sounds like my mom...

"You on that hair thing again? Is that all y'all talk about? I hope you don't do this at work too, Neenee!"

"Oh Mother!"

blaqbarb

I've been coming back to the site every few minutes to see if I'll be surprised with the boards they removed, only to be disappointed each time. They could have left us with at least one of the two. I've already gone to all my gossip sites and now I don't have anything to do. Guess I'll play some games online. I have to find some that I haven't played already. Anyone know of some good online game sites????

MzLady78

neenee280 said:
Your mom sounds like my mom...

"You on that hair thing again? Is that all y'all talk about? I hope you don't do this at work too, Neenee!"

"Oh Mother!"

OMG- I would so hear her mouth if she knew I come on here at work, LOL.

Hey, I get my stuff done (usually). :lol:

MissScarlett

MzLady78 said:
Just like a man, LOL.

My mom told me I need some "real" friends. I'm like they are real!!![/quote]

When I would hear people talking about meeting and marrying folks off the net OR making friends, I was like HUH:confused: But now I totally get it.

I met one of my GOOD GF's off a baby board when I had my first son 5 years ago. I mean like she visits me, I visit her, we have to fly to see each other, sounds wild I know. Its very out of the norm for me to do something like that, but she's my best out of town friend.

For the longest I was afraid to tell dh that I met a WOMAN off the net:lol: and we were really friends. He was leary but seriously we're like wow, we met on a message board. We just clicked. So I know what your mom means, I used to think......ok this person is a LAME-O with no life.

neenee280

MzLady78 said:
OMG- I would so hear her mouth if she knew I come on here at work, LOL.

Hey, I get my stuff done (usually). :lol:

The only thing left for me to do today is the office grocery order. And I am really trying to stretch that out. Right now I am cleaning my Yahoo mailbox. Y'all get me through the work day!

MissScarlett said:
I met one of my GOOD GF's off a baby board when I had my first son 5 years ago. I mean like she visits me, I visit her, we have to fly to see each other, sounds wild I know. Its very out of the norm for me to do something like that, but she's my best out of town friend.

For the longest I was afraid to tell dh that I met a WOMAN off the net:lol: and we were really friends. He was leary but seriously we're like wow, we met on a message board. We just clicked. So I know what your mom means, I used to think......ok this person is a LAME-O with no life.

This is such a sweet story!

MzLady78

MissScarlett said:
MzLady78 said:
Just like a man, LOL.

My mom told me I need some "real" friends. I'm like they are real!!![/quote]

When I would hear people talking about meeting and marrying folks off the net OR making friends, I was like HUH:confused: But now I totally get it.

I don't know. It never seemed weird to me that you could develop a relationship/friendship with someone online. It requires a lot of back and forth interaction so get to know a lot about that person.

I think her thing with me is just that in general, I don't go out alot so I spend a lot of time online. But it ain't like I won't leave house cause I'm on here. When I have somewhere to go, I go. When I don't, I bug out on here with ya'll.

That's why I really hope we're able to make this Travel Divas thing work. No one really lives in my area, so it'd be a nice way to finally meet some of you.

reallynow

MissScarlett said:

I'm having this issue now, I really want to hit the next meet-up but my DH is going to be like WTH?? An internet message board?!? I gotta break him in gently-lol.

MzLady78

Country gal said:
So what is going on? I don't want read 48 pages to find out why.:lol:

Hey CG.

They're doing some upgrades/maintenance stuff.

AND they're adding a new board, but we don't know what it is, just that it's not 18+ (unfortunately,LOL)

MzLady78

neenee280 said:
The only thing left for me to do today is the office grocery order. And I am really trying to stretch that out. Right now I am cleaning my Yahoo mailbox. Y'all get me through the work day!

Ugh, I'm so glad I won't be doing our grocery order anymore after Monday. These folks go through milk, cereal and coffee like you wouldn't believe!

klb120475

reallynow said:
Once t'again it's Friday, slow as hell in the office and I can't even get my lurk on........we'll I am trying to get out of that lurk mode

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Come on out of lurk world and play with us...:look:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

reallynow

klb120475 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Come on out of lurk world and play with us...:look:

I'm trying, I was really trying in the OT Forum and now here I am feenin' like a crackhead........:wallbash: but I am checking out the 70+ pages on the hair forum about the scam artist-pure comedy!

neenee280

MzLady78 said:
Ugh, I'm so glad I won't be doing our grocery order anymore after Monday. These folks go through milk, cereal and coffee like you wouldn't believe!

Girl, I believe it. We go through coffee like crazy. I even order back-up coffee for emergency times. And DON'T let the market mess up the order, all h*ll breaks loose.

"WHERE IS MY MULTIGRAIN BREAD?!"

"WHY IS THERE ONLY 3 YOGURTS AND I ASKED FOR FIVE!"

*thats me screaming at the market customer service* :lachen:

neenee280

reallynow said:
I'm trying, I was really trying in the OT Forum and now here I am feenin' like a crackhead........:wallbash: but I am checking out the 70+ pages on the hair forum about the scam artist-pure comedy!

Can I get a summary about that?:look:

bLackButtaFly

reallynow said:
I'm having this issue now, I really want to hit the next meet-up but my DH is going to be like WTH?? An internet message board?!? I gotta break him in gently-lol.
I had the skepticism when I went to my first meet up in June. everybody was like where are you going, and why aren't you inviting anybody else? I only told my friends where I went after they saw the pictures, and were like who are those ladies, adn where did you get that spray bottle? Lol.

There's no good explanation for not doing work, so you can talk about hair, other peoples' business, and no bake desserts. lol.

MissScarlett

reallynow said:

The only reason I haven't done the ATL meet up is b/c my schedule does not permit. I live about 45 mins from ATL but I'd love to go. I could hear dh now....MORE internet meetings?:lol:

I was pregnant and doing alot of research the first time. I just came across her like I would anyone here...looking for hair tips :yep: We just both had alot of in common, started emailing outside of the board and one day she was like "what's your phone number".DH had every objection in the book, she's a stalker, she's using you for $$$, blah blah...

I think there is this perception of people that chat online that are lonely,bored, have no life, etc. BUT ME, I'm a very outgoing person IRL, have lots of activities and friends...I work alot.

We talked for two years before we met, but when we did, there was no awkwardness at all. We just acted like old buddies. We planned a girls spa weekend, got a hotel room and vegged out, did hair, watched movies....just being girls. That is why I always feel bad for people that do not have a good true GF, when you find one its so awesome. I put her up there with my friends from college and that I have known for years. Well know I've known her 5 so she's cool. LOL.

reallynow

Apparently some chick was extoling the virtues of her hair care system and using, well mis-using some LHCF quotes like they were endorsing her system......while her hair and website look like a hot mess at the jump for me some folks complimented her hair only and she tool the quotes and ran with them! Sistas are heated up in there......

http://shimahair.com/id60.html

*Michelle*

reallynow said:

I read a couple pages and got the gist of it...It is funny, but at the same time :mad:

I only made one comment and that was after someone said we know Marcherie is not a fake (basically I second that motion). That thread is off the hook :lol:

Well, I'm off to work...:perplexed

reallynow

bLackButtaFly said:
I had the skepticism when I went to my first meet up in June. everybody was like where are you going, and why aren't you inviting anybody else? I only told my friends where I went after they saw the pictures, and were like who are those ladies, adn where did you get that spray bottle? Lol.

There's no good explanation for not doing work, so you can talk about hair, other peoples' business, and no bake desserts. lol.

Okay.....cause I sure stalk DLewis and her desserts, that lemon pie was delish!

MissScarlett

MzLady78 said:
MissScarlett said:
I don't know. It never seemed weird to me that you could develop a relationship/friendship with someone online. It requires a lot of back and forth interaction so get to know a lot about that person.

I think her thing with me is just that in general, I don't go out alot so I spend a lot of time online. But it ain't like I won't leave house cause I'm on here. When I have somewhere to go, I go. When I don't, I bug out on here with ya'll.

That's why I really hope we're able to make this Travel Divas thing work. No one really lives in my area, so it'd be a nice way to finally meet some of you.

The Travel Divas would be a good thing. I know I would definitely participate. Destination trips with girls are the best!

My college friends and I meet up 1x or 2x a year for a destination weekend visit. Its so fun.

reallynow

MissScarlett said:
The only reason I haven't done the ATL meet up is b/c my schedule does not permit. I live about 45 mins from ATL but I'd love to go. I could hear dh now....MORE internet meetings?:lol:

I was pregnant and doing alot of research the first time. I just came across her like I would anyone here...looking for hair tips :yep: We just both had alot of in common, started emailing outside of the board and one day she was like "what's your phone number".DH had every objection in the book, she's a stalker, she's using you for $$$, blah blah...

I think there is this perception of people that chat online that are lonely,bored, have no life, etc. BUT ME, I'm a very outgoing person IRL, have lots of activities and friends...I work alot.

We talked for two years before we met, but when we did, there was no awkwardness at all. We just acted like old buddies. We planned a girls spa weekend, got a hotel room and vegged out, did hair, watched movies....just being girls. That is why I always feel bad for people that do not have a good true GF, when you find one its so awesome. I put her up there with my friends from college and that I have known for years. Well know I've known her 5 so she's cool. LOL.

That is a great story! My DH is the same at the bolded, but like you I have a lot going on in my life so most of the meet-ups I can not attend for various reasons, but the first time my schedule works out, I am there, well once I convince DH that no one is going to snatch me up and sell me as a sex slave in Estonia......

klb120475

reallynow said:
That is a great story! My DH is the same at the bolded, but like you I have a lot going on in my life so most of the meet-ups I can not attend for various reasons, but the first time my schedule works out, I am there, well once I convince DH that no one is going to snatch me up and sell me as a sex slave in Estonia......

That use to be me. :look: :lol:

Sequoia

Hi all :wave: - OT still isn't up yet? I actually had to do work today cos was so bored. No change a letter or word association or nothing...