What Happens to People Who Have Never Heard about Jesus

momi

This is one of the questions I have been asked most often by unbelievers...

1. All people know God the Father - Romans 1:18-21

2. All people reject true knowledge of God - Romans 1:

3. There are no innocent people in the world. Romans 3:12

4. All people stand condemned for rejecting Do. Romans 3: 19-20

5. God has made a way of salvation for the lost. (Redemption through Christ Jesus!) Romans 3:22-26

6. People cannot come to God apart from faith in Christ.

7. Christ commands His church to make the Gospel known in all nations. Romans 10:12

The goal of scripture is not to answer the question' the goal is the alleviate the question altogether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-siIaJIIF0

locabouthair

I didn't look at the video but I've heard someone ask this before. With missionaries, pastors, and ministers travelling all over the world and spreading the word is that really possible? Forgive me if that sounds ignorant.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I didn't look at the video but I've heard someone ask this before. With missionaries, pastors, and ministers travelling all over the world and spreading the word is that really possible? Forgive me if that sounds ignorant.

It's not ignorant. No it's not possible unless they live under a rock.

momi

Ignorant? The more I learn the more I realize how little I actually know. Lol

Although there are many active missionaries people are also dying daily and many of them haven't actually heard about Jesus and His saving work on the cross.

I really enjoyed Minister Platt's teaching on this. Even though I so believe the question can be answered according to Romans 2 - he drives the point home that our focus should be spreading the gospel (plan a) and ensuring that they do "hear".

locabouthair

Ignorant? The more I learn the more I realize how little I actually know. Lol

Although there are many active missionaries people are also dying daily and many of them haven't actually heard about Jesus and His saving work on the cross.

I really enjoyed Minister Platt's teaching on this. Even though I so believe the question can be answered according to Romans 2 - he drives the point home that our focus should be spreading the gospel (plan a) and ensuring that they do "hear".

lol I said that for lack of a better word.

So if there are people that have never heard of Jesus, how will they be judged? I started going back to church and I need to start reading my Bible more so that's why I'm asking these questions.

momi

lol I said that for lack of a better word.

So if there are people that have never heard of Jesus, how will they be judged? I started going back to church and I need to start reading my Bible more so that's why I'm asking these questions.

Listen to the video when you have time - it is a foundation for a great discussion! :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm finding it difficult to listen to him, not sure if it's style or his introduction that has me wanting him to get to the point already.

momi

I'm finding it difficult to listen to him, not sure if it's style or his introduction that has me wanting him to get to the point already.

This is the one that I initially listened to and it really drew me in. It caused me to look for the longer version. Start with this one... it might peek your interest enough to want to listen to the drawn out version. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laA18HejfYg

Keep in mind I grew up in a household where we discussed apologetics over dinner so this topic has always been of interest to me.

Iwanthealthyhair67

he actually picked up once he started to read the word and teach, I'm on point 4

This is the one that I initially listened to and it really drew me in. It caused me to look for the longer version. Start with this one... it might peek your interest enough to want to listen to the drawn out version. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laA18HejfYg

Keep in mind I grew up in a household where we discussed apologetics over dinner so this topic has always been of interest to me.

Galadriel

Good is all-good. He is Truth. There is no darkness in Him.

He is merciful:

Psalm 145:9
The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

He first loved us:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God wants (and does) demonstrate mercy and kindness.

However, we separate ourselves from Him through mortal sin. Ezekiel 18:20 says, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Jesus Christ, who is True God, was born into this world: "And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

He fulfilled the Law, the prophecies, taught us about both God the Father and how we should live as His children--and most importantly, He died on the Cross for our sins. He is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is our King, our Lord and Savior, and there is no remission of sins or salvation apart from Jesus Christ.

Christ gave His Church the command to preach the Gospel throughout the world, baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

In Christianity's 2,000 year existence, we have covered the earth spreading the Gospel. However, there are some people ignorant of the Gospel for several reasons. There are still a few remote communities out there that haven't heard. There are a LOT of people that are aware of Christianity's existence, but are ignorant (or have been instilled with prejudice) against Christianity, that they still need to hear the Gospel. Also, there are certain people who cannot or are unable to hear and receive the Gospel, such as the severely mentally retarded, infants, aborted fetuses, etc.

If a person through no fault of his own was not able to receive the Gospel, God will judge Him according to whether or not he has any unrepentant mortal sins on his soul. Whether or not we hear the Gospel, God has created every human being with the law written upon his heart.

Romans 2:14-16 "For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus."

Those who have not heard the Gospel, but who follow the law God has written upon his heart, and earnestly seek God, I do believe God's grace will reach him and he can be saved.

Last edited:

momi

Good is all-good. He is Truth. There is no darkness in Him. He is merciful: Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. He first loved us: John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. God wants (and does) demonstrate mercy and kindness. However, we separate ourselves from Him through mortal sin. Ezekiel 18:20 says, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die." Jesus Christ, who is True God, was born into this world: "And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14) He fulfilled the Law, the prophecies, taught us about both God the Father and how we should live as His children--and most importantly, He died on the Cross for our sins. He is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is our King, our Lord and Savior, and there is no remission of sins or salvation apart from Jesus Christ. Christ gave His Church the command to preach the Gospel throughout the world, baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In Christianity's 2,000 year existence, we have covered the earth spreading the Gospel. However, there are some people ignorant of the Gospel for several reasons. There are still a few remote communities out there that haven't heard. There are a LOT of people that are aware of Christianity's existence, but are ignorant (or have been instilled with prejudice) against Christianity, that they still need to hear the Gospel. Also, there are certain people who cannot or are unable to hear and receive the Gospel, such as the severely mentally retarded, infants, aborted fetuses, etc. If a person through no fault of his own was not able to receive the Gospel, God will judge Him according to whether or not he has any unrepentant mortal sins on his soul. Whether or not we hear the Gospel, God has created every human being with the law written upon his heart. Romans 2:14-16 "For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus." Those who have not heard the Gospel, but who follow the law God has written upon his heart, and earnestly seek God, I do believe God's grace will reach him and he can be saved.

Thanks Galadriel - I'll have to respond later. We are at a track meet. Last one of the season. Yes!

momi

I'm glad that I heard him out..

In short we are not all doing what we are commissioned to do. Matthew 28:16-20

I was almost at the end and shouted to my husband "He never really answered the question." Then at the very end he summed it up - we should be more concerned about what He has commissioned us to do as believers than what happens to those who haven't heard. In other words - we should behave and evangelize as though their salvation depends on us carrying out the Great Commission... This was convicting for me - my evangelism stinks as of late. Lord help me.

Thanks Ladies for your feedback!