What Is Your Hair Lovin' Right Now?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Everything. :bouncy:

More so: Aussie Moist Conditioner (provides the slip I need to detangle with ease)

African Black Soap (my hair responds the best to this by far compared to liquid shampoos)

HennaSooq Honey Nourisher & HennaGloss Bars

caliscurls

Couple of things:
  • Traders Joes Tea Tree Tingle conditioner for prepooing, detangling, and as a leave-in
  • Drying hair under a standing hair dryer on cool/room tempture - seals my cuticles like a blow dry would but without heat. Also allows for more stretching before twisting
  • QB Aeithiopika Butter to set on wash day (with a leave-in under it)
  • Jojoba oil when I just need a light seal
  • Being consistent with my products and routine....I have many products but I'm only using the holy grails now
  • Low manipulation
  • Flat twists outs tend to hold better than regular twist outs and braid outs
My hair: low to normal porosity, medium density, fine to medium strands

Last edited:

spacetygrss

what protein spray do you use? and how do you use it (on wet or dry hair)?
I'm currently finishing up a sample that I received a few months ago from Komaza (had never used it until now).
I just bought the one for Aphogee (Green tea and Keratin restructerizer) and will use it once my Komaza sample runs out. I use it on both dry and wet hair, i.e. I'll mist my hair with it before sealing at night and I also mist my hair with it before sealing after washing & conditioning. It's good stuff.

AgeinATL

Curlformer sets for stretching my hair
Flat twist outs are my favorite go-to style right now.
ST Sorrell Kink Drink is my HG moisturizing spritz. I use it under almost anything with great results.
Damp bunning
My Q-redew

overtherainbow

I made some major changes to my reggie this month and I'm already seeing results. I haven't changed up my reggie to this extent in 3 years.
-small/mini twists on my own hair and then bunning for the week.
-leaving it the heck alone, I only wash weekly now. I don't think I'm getting the build up that I usually do because I moved to an area with soft water + the twists somehow prevents my scalp from getting too oily.
-all natural products
-moisturizing my ends throughout the week with just EVCO. No water, no product just EVCO and my strands are sooo smooth and moisturized.

ClassyJSP

My hair is loving my wig protective style regimen seriously she is growing so lush and thick I'm sure when I do get a perm later this year I'll still have nice thick strands. But the redkin frizz line paired with it's a 10 leave in has been heaven sent my stylist used it on Friday and I can tell the difference.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm loving:

Being newly natural
My steamer
Finger detangling (new love)
Oils and butters, using them differently made the difference.

I have low po, thick strands, and medium density hair.

Last edited:

lux10023

the aveda damage remedy line..dh bought me a ton of stuff from the aveda while we were on vacay last yr .....i hadn't used any of it..opened it this wknd as i finally had the time..man my hair felt great!!!

Neomorph

High puff style- It protects my curls and is a low manipulation technique for when I don't just want to wear a wash and go (my go to style). Now I have to figure out how to do a bun on my natural hair :D

SheaMoisture's Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque: I don't think my hair (in the almost 3 years I've been natural) has ever felt this moisturized and strong at the same time! I think I finally found a deep conditioner that truly works for my hair and doesn't irritate my scalp.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil: It's cheap, it's widely available on the ground, provides good slip, keeps my hair soft and helps keep my scalp from acting up too much during the week!

CodeRed

Shea moisture products (and to think I avoided the line like the plague for soo long lol).

I avoided it for a long time too. After that mask in the gold jar had my hair feeling like a rock I stayed away for years. I saw people on here singing their praises and I thought they were all crazy. I bought the JBCO masque though and I like it so I'm giving them all a try (except the gold jar). Plus their kids detangler is GREAT. I can get it on the ground and stores are always having the B1G1 so it's an all around win for me. Not too many deep conditioners do a whole lot for my hair so I don't want the hassle of ordering something that may or may not work and having to either return it via mail, repurpose it or throw it away. That's just too much money/frustration/time down the drain anymore.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I found a new 16oz bottle of Claudie's Hair Frappe in my Stash (Unscented).

I thought it was something else.:eek:

Since I'm on this "Lotion" thing this summer, finding this just added to the Line-Up.:sunshine:

So I pulled it out and have been Baggying with it a couple hours in the evening with a little oil.

May hafta' reup on this.

Cendra

"Knot Sauce"? wow...that sounds interesting! I wish I could experiment with lotions, but my hair dulls down very quickly, especially in the summer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Cendra

You definitely need to find the right weight (for Summer) and actually Fall/Winter too.

Fortunately for me, I'm under a wig, so it really doesn't matter. If I was wearing my hair out daily, I'd hafta' use something lighter weight.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
My hair loves Megatek. Now that it's summer, I condition with it every day.

My hair loves Tingle Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner for a co-wash. Cleans, conditions and gives me that minty fresh tingle which feels great in the heat!

My hair loves my conditioner mix: Giovanni Nutrafix, Giovanni Ultra Moist Conditioner, EVCO, EVOO and glycerin. Curls poppin for DAYS!

My hair loves my EV Red Palm Oil and EVCO shortening for sealing. And it slicks down my edges something fierce!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My hair loves my EV Red Palm Oil and EVCO shortening for sealing. And it slicks down my edges something fierce!

@JulietWhiskey
Do you notice any 'Staining' with this Oil?

I've used it a couple times for a Pre-Rx and my hands were stained red but washed right off.

However, the towel I used to dry my hair remained stained.

Loved the Results.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey
Do you notice any 'Staining' with this Oil?

I've used it a couple times for a Pre-Rx and my hands were stained red but washed right off.

However, the towel I used to dry my hair remained stained.

Loved the Results.

@IDareT'sHair
This is what I use and it does not stain:

Here's the link:
https://store.nutiva.com/shortening/

Edges stay super slicked! And it is everything and more as a sealant!

kupenda

My hair is loving up on Darcy's Shea Butter moisturizer, Oyin Honey Hemp, and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I got lazy for a bit. Thank god I got over it. These products have been doing my hair all types of right