What makes you keep buying the expensive products?

Candiss

I really only buy expensive products for the scent. For instance, I love the way Mizani Fufyl conditioner makes my hair smell. It's also a really good protein/moisture conditioner, but there are other, cheaper products that work just as well. I'm think about buying Redken heat glide, if it smells good. However, i love my SE and fantasia but I don't like the smell of the Fantasia.

Arcadian

I will buy what works and its within reason of my pocketbook.

Phyto to me its worth every penny because I've never found any other relaxer that treats my hair so nice. If there was something else out there that I could use that did the same thing and was cheaper well sure i'd use it! but, since its not killing me in the pocketbook, this is ok. I only relax maybe 3-4 times a year anyway and I do save tons by doing it myself.

-A

honeybadgirl

HoneyDew said:
Same here. Many times it is cheaper to do it this way and you don't have to repurchase so often.

yes and really, like someone said, i noticed with aveda that i dont have to use as much at all!!! i was really suprised:grin:

gymfreak336

CAPlush said:
I save so much money doing my own hair (and wearing my own hair:lol: ) I indulge regularly. All my staple products are cheap though. I don't think I would ever need to incorporate a salon product as a staple, but who knows I'm barely shoulder length I may need more potent formulas in the future.

Too funny but soo true. I think about all the girls I know that get relaxers for 60-80 bucks a pop, then go get $300 micro braids, then spend 200 bucks on a sew in and they get braids and weaves 3-4times a year.

Misseyl

because they work -- I buy Phytorelaxer $50-60 and Nexxus Emergencee $47 bucks. Away from those two, I've been able to find alternatives to other products.. For instance, I now use Creame of Nature shampoo exclusively when before I would only use Nexxus/Keracare Shampoos...Another thing, I might reconsider buying Nexxus conditioner because I believe you can also use it also as a leave-in..:) .