What now??

NYRICAN1

Now that I have stretched my relaxer since December 2004 with sew in weaves and cornrows and a combination of both it is almost time for me to get my relaxer> I was trying to stretch it until my wedding anniversary which is September 20. I want to have a swinging style as well as see how much length I have gotten :grin: I am going to remove my cornrows on Saturday and get another style with Cornrows in the front and a sew in weave in the back. I will have this for 2 weeks,. What should I do after this I really want to get it relaxed for my anniversary. Do I really have to wait two weeks to relax? All advice will be appreciated. thanx in advance

Hey girlie...
Couldn't you just relax in 2 weeks and then get a good blowout or shampoo/style at the salon the following week(s) so that your look is fresh and roots are non-existent? Once you get the relaxer, you could even do roller sets in the weeks to follow. You'll already know how much length you've retained so you can do something really pretty and volumized in the coming weeks...right? :confused:
Just some ideas...hth

good idea but what should i do in the meantime. I wouldn't mind but my main concern is what to do before relaxing do I have to wait two weeks before relaxing or should I do a protein treatment first. To make a long story short whats the least I can wait before getting a relaxer?

I think you should wait a couple of weeks before relaxing. I wuld give the scalp a break and let it breathe. I would do a protein treatment both of those weeks if you haven't done any in a while. This is my humble opinion and scalp, but my scalp likes to chill and breathe prior to chemical services...and I've found that every time I did light protein (i.e. Keraphix, ApHogee 2 min Keratin) a couple of times prior to the chemicals, my breakage/shedding was TREMENDOUSLY reduced...and that's really important for me b/c my hair tends to act up right after the relaxer. I have to whip it back in shape! :whip: lol...hope this helps...let me know what you decide...

thanx divine inspiration I think I will do the protein treatment first and wait. Now all I need is to find ways to style my hair for those two weeks :look:

Back