What type of rollersets do you prefer??? Why??

What type of rollersets do you prefer?

• Tight

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • In between tight and loose

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • loose

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters

WhipEffectz1

My SO was on my computer looking over some stuff when he stumbled into my hair pic folder. He was looking at the pics when all of a sudden he asked me, "Now that your hair has grew, why do you still wear tight curls??" I thought about it and realized that when I do get my hair straightened, I only wear it down for about a day or two and then I will use some small magnetic rollers to give it some bump.

So it looks like I prefer tight rollersets because I don't have to worry about my hair touching or snagging on my clothes(I prefer it to be tight and off my shoulders in a tight bob like style) and tight rollersets go a long way.

So do you like Tight, a cross between tight/loose, or loose rollersets where you let it get some major hang time?

Isis

Although my hair is rolled up tight on my rollers, I use medium to large rollers resulting in looser curls. I voted I prefer my rollersets loose. :yep:

I knew a lady once (hope she is a member here :) ) who also wore her relaxed hair rollersets as tightly as possible on very small rollers. Her hair was actually BSL if a curl was stretched out--she showed me once. It turned out that her husband did not want her having long hair, for religious reasons. So she grew it long but let it appear about shoulder length and was able to keep it that way.

LynnieB

i like mine tight. the whole set lasts longer that way! i figure it'll loosen up fast enough on it's own the longer i wear it.

mzcris

I prefer them to be loose...I end up combing the curls out any way and doing a Saran Wrap on my hair...

ShiShiPooPoo

It depends on how long my hair is. Right now my hair is neck length so I like mine a little tighter so I can have a cute little bob look. Then as they get looser, I've got that sexy Marilyn Monroe/pinup girl vibe. :gorgeous:

When my hair gets longer (past shoulder length) I'll opt for looser sets.

SmartyPants

I said I don't care. But the reality is that my curl preference depends on what my mood is when I am rolling my hair; or, where I am planning to go after I take my hair down.

Also, as pointed out by someone else above, you should always pull your rollers fairly tight. If you don't, you'll end up with coarse roots. If you want a looser curl, use larger rollers.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Although my hair is rolled up tight on my rollers, I use medium to large rollers resulting in looser curls. I voted I prefer my rollersets loose. :yep:

I knew a lady once (hope she is a member here :) ) who also wore her relaxed hair rollersets as tightly as possible on very small rollers. Her hair was actually BSL if a curl was stretched out--she showed me once. It turned out that her husband did not want her having long hair, for religious reasons. So she grew it long but let it appear about shoulder length and was able to keep it that way.

I'm sorry, but I just have to know which religion says that and why? You can pm me if you like. Thanks!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I like my rollersets loose, I only wear them when I'm going out somewhere and want a cute style. However I like my twist-outs to be tight so that the curls don't rub against my shoulder or shirt such as the pic. in my avi. My hair is about 2 inches past SL.

glamazon386

i like mine tight. the whole set lasts longer that way! i figure it'll loosen up fast enough on it's own the longer i wear it.

I agree with this. It'll start to fall anyway. When I was relaxed I liked it looser though because I felt like the tighter curls made my hair look shorter.

Ms Red

In between tight and loose.

The curls will fall anyway so I don't like them too loose... but I think they're sexier a little loose :gorgeous: :lol:

prospurr4

I actually prefer both tight and loose rollersets, depending on the hair style I want to achieve. I use large rollers if I want loose curls or to straighten (like in avatar). I use smaller rollers if I want spirals (like in siggy).

indefinite

My SO was on my computer looking over some stuff when he stumbled into my hair pic folder. He was looking at the pics when all of a sudden he asked me, "Now that your hair has grew, why do you still wear tight curls??" I thought about it and realized that when I do get my hair straightened, I only wear it down for about a day or two and then I will use some small magnetic rollers to give it some bump.

So it looks like I prefer tight rollersets because I don't have to worry about my hair touching or snagging on my clothes(I prefer it to be tight and off my shoulders in a tight bob like style) and tight rollersets go a long way.

So do you like Tight, a cross between tight/loose, or loose rollersets where you let it get some major hang time?
Your hair is GAWJUS!

balisi

I prefer my rollersets done on large rollers for a looser set because my hair holds a curl like nobody's business. I use either white or grey rollers.

Isis

I'm sorry, but I just have to know which religion says that and why? You can pm me if you like. Thanks!
She and I knew the religion did not say that--it was her husband using that as an excuse. He didn't want her having long hair.

InJesusName

I would say in between tight and loose. I don't like to do anything to my hair so I ususally just finger comb my hair after setting it on small rollers and end up really liking it about 2 days after I set it.

I am having a hard time holding curls using only water, leave in and serum though. I tried roller setting with setting lotion and it made my hair so hard and took forever to dry. Back to pin curls for me to maintain.

Evazhair

I voted loose, because I like my hair sleek with a loose wave or a bend. It also helps me with low manipulation, because it minimizes tangles and stays neat during the week without me having to comb it, as long as I wear my hair net/silk scarf(sylver2 method). I haven't liked tight rollersets since the early 1990s.

MiWay

I prefer in between tight and loose. My hair is thin so if I roll it too loose, it will be limp and stringy looking in less than a week. I prefer to start off with curly hair and let it loosen up throughout the week.