What's easier? Long hair or short?

Dare~to~Dream

Re: What\'s easier? Long hair or short?

Since I've never had "long" hair...then it seems to me that it is easier. My brother made the comment to me once and asked "Why do you want long hair? You don't know what to do with your hair now". Okay, if I had longer hair it would much more easier to find a cute hairstyle to wear it in...which is why I love wearing braids. There is no way to style my hair without it looking thin or short...always been that way. I guess that's why over the years I've relied on hair pieces, fake ponytails, and fake buns....there were times when my hair was "cut" into a style but that resulted into many layers that won't grow out.

miracle

I'm having much better success managing my own routine with my short hair. When it was long, I could never shampoo, relax, color, etc. my hair on my own...I had to go to the salon for everything, and of course they charged me extra for having long hair. Having short hair has definitely been less time consuming, easy to style and much more cost effective. LOL! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

kitchen_tician

Long hair - Easy /images/graemlins/up.gif
Short hair - Easy /images/graemlins/up.gif
In Between - Lots of work /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

G

Short hair was easier to me.

As a matter of fact, I cut my hair last night. Some of the ends looked thin, and my hair looked lifeless. I know I am supposed to be growing, but ... /images/graemlins/spank.gif

Peachtree

Long hair is far easier for me.

When I had a 1", shaven in the back, "Halle" do, I was happy with at... at first! However, when I decided to grow back my hair, the "grow out" phase was HORRIBLE!!!

I could not do anything with my short length... I tried "slicking" it down, curling, wrapping, twisting, braiding, and any thing else I could think of... I was really frustrated /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif & promised myself to NEVER cut that short again!

That is why I transitioned for 18 mths... TO MAKE SURE that I would have enough length to at least make a ponytail if need be /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ronda123

Long hair is easier. If your in a rush, just put it in a pony tail or bun and go. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

soslychic

Generally I think that short hair is harder to maintain, but it depends on what kind of short we're talking.

If your hair is naturally curly and it's relaxed and you're trying to maintain some halle berry flipped short cut, there is constant daily maintenance (not to mention heat damage) involved. And you HAVE to keep that relaxer on schedule, there's no stretching touchups because short hair shows every single flaw.

If we're talking a natural twa on the other hand, that, in my opinion, is the easiest hair out there. It's a wash and go.

But that in between length is hard and long hair allows you to slap that hair in a ponytail/bun/updo with ease /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

I'd say either a twa or long hair! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

I think it requires more maintenance in keeping short hair looking nice. Dealing with long hair is probably a pain too. Maybe that's what your friend is talking about. I really dont know because my hair has mainly just been medium. When I had short hair, I know it was easier to wash and detangle. Short hair also dries faster. So I guess it all depends on the person and the short hairstyle (bob, layered, pixie cut, etc.) that person has.

northernbelle

Not to be rude, but...isn't this a no-brainer?

I think most would agree that long hair requires more time and attention than short - at least in as far as home care is concerned. If wearing a relaxer, as well as a super short cut, one must obtain touch-ups more frequently to maintain the style.

northernbelle

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Long hair - because I'm used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...same for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My short, relaxed hair is hard to style. When my hair was longer, I could pop it in a ponytail and run. Now, I'm having a harder time styling it- no heat challenge is now more of a challenge.

albane

I have always been a long hair addict, sometimes very long. Clearly, the time you need to care and style long hair will be much longer (I do not count the hours spent with the big rollers under the bloody hood), but on the other hand long hair is much more versatile and with a little of imagination or sense of the game you will surprise your partner much more easily. A lot of men are complimenting me for my long hair and my husband would probably not love me so much with a shorter hair

jellynote

I've had both and for me the in between was the hardest for me. When my hair was short and if I didn't feel like doing it I just laid some gel on it and it stayed down. Now that my hair is past my shoulders I wear my hair in buns, phonies, or regular ponytail.

I'm gonna have to go with short hair. Yeah, short hair is easier in my opinion because way back (about 1993) when my hair was chin length I could brush it back, put a few well placed barettes in it, wear a headband or ponytail and I'd be out the door in 5 minutes... but now that my hair is so long I can't do anything with it. I have to go to the hairdresser every few weeks to get it pinned up and out of the way. Not that i'm complaining, but it just takes more time and $$$.

ms_kenesha

The easiest...very, very short or long because with very short you can wash and go or slick it down. With long you can bun it or ponytail it and be done and still look cute.

Medium hair is the worst, where I'm at now. You MUST do something with it! Happily I can do a bunnytail, but I miss a longer ponytail! :)

For me long hair is much easier to take care of than short hair. Its easier and faster for me to wear it down, up, easier for me to style it. It really depends on the person though, and what kind of style they have and which suits their looks better.

jainygirl

Long relaxed hair -- enough to put in a quick bun or ponytail-- and short natural hair like my twa are both convenient. But i have to say that my twa is the easiest style i've worn and i've been from a halle cut to brastrap length. The difference is that even with the convenience of long relaxed hair the DETANGLING :nono: was murda and drying time bordered on ridiculous whereas with my twa i wash and go. Other than that i would say that there isnt much of a difference. -- jainygirl

Last edited:

Jenai

I have to say longer hair is easier. When I had a "Halle" cut I had to get it trimmed often, and it had to be stlyed everyday or it would just stick up all over the place. The longer my hair gets, the easier it is to stlye. I can just put my hair up in a bun, ponytail, or phonytail when I don't feel like messing with it.

skegeesmb

On this one I'm going with short and long. Chin length for me was very easy to deal with. Of course I couldn't really pony it, but as far as combout and styling everything was fast.

Long hair is easy to style and do quickies when you don't feel like doing it. It does take longer to wash and prepare though.

Medium hair is the worst. I hated it!

hairlover

imo, i think short hair is easier. i used to cut my hair (b/c) once a year into a cute chin length bob and i think it was so much easier to care for. i loved wearing it down. it took alot for me to not cut my hair this year. happy growing.!

hottopic

I had my hair really short and long. I think it is easier to take care of my longer hair than shorter hair. It is harder to hide the naps, even 2 weeks post relaxer. Sooo much harder. Anyone who had short hair before knows what I am taking about.