What's the absolute best/expensive brand of hair for weaving???

Candy1978

I am planning on getting a sew in weaves until the end of the year to see if I can get to APL length or close to it by Dec 07. I want some good quality hair, that isn't going to shed, is atleast 18-20 inches, and looks and feels nice. I want my weave to look like the weaves the stars have. I am willing to pay alot for the hair provided that it is good quality and will last a long time. If you know of any brands, or links wear I can buy hair like that let me know. Thanks !!!!:grin:

Monilove122

Try wagman primus, a friend ordered some hair from there and it is AWESOME. Also try Senghori Shells I heard of a few women that ordered hair from there but I don't know anymore about it.

treybaby2005

Extensions hair plus is good although very expensive.They say its the best hair out there and it is a perfect match for relaxed aa hair even when wet it will poof up.Senghori shells is also a good match for aa hair.I just recently purchased Senghori shells from good reviews on another forum.Wagman Primus is good also but a lot of women get curly or wavy hair from them.

healthyhair2

Try www.luxurylocs.net ! This will be the hair for my next weave in September. They have quite a few curl patterns to choose from and they offer custom coloring as well. This is the good stuff :)

Energee

Extensions Plus is the absolute best in my opinion. I wore a weave for a year and had the same hair in the entire time (of course I had take downs every 6 weeks for maintenance but always had the same hair put right back in). The relaxed texture is PERFECTION for type 4a/b hair wet or dry. It reacts just like our hair. It's expensive but well worth it. I STILL have this hair and it's still good. When I had the weave taken out completely I just washed it and stored it. It still looks fresh and new. I will use it again when I want to give my hair a break. The hair never tangled and never shed at all. It was my first experience and only experience with weave hair and I'm very happy that it was because it gave my absolutely no trouble at all.

glamazon386

I would have to agree on the EP hair. I've never used it but I've read a lot of good reviews on it. Gabrielle Union wears their hair. If I'm not mistaken, RabiaElaine here on the board has worn their relaxed texture as well.

healthyhair2

Have you actually purchased hair from this company, or do you know someone who has ordered hair from them with great reviews???

I will be ordering from them on Thursday and will keep you all posted with pictures. I've gotta do that fotki or somethin'. It may sound weird but, I've been doing alot of research on hair for weaves in the past week. I'm primarily a braid wearer, but I am sick of them. I'm also sick of synthetic hair. Anyway, I was going to just go to the BSS--then I read reviews on some sites about the hair I used to think was good. I had heard that the Indian hair was superior, so is Brazilian. These are not as coarse as hair of Asian origin. I really scoured the net. I'm in NYC and I've been through MONA hair,Adorables, Lugo's and plan old human hair from Senstionnel. No more!!! One more place for you guys to look www.hairfactory.com. I have already contacted www.luxurylocs.net- their customer service has been great so far. Read what people have to say on the site. You may even be able to contact them via email. I believe some of them have fotki's of their own. I understand this is alot for hair ,but I will reuse it for quite awhile. I'll keep you all posted.

cicilypayne

Remy Hair. Its Indian Hair great quality hair. Tangle Free and looks very natural. Kind of pricy though anywhere from $50-$80. You can buy it in the BSS too.
http://remyhairtoday.com

I totally disagree I recieved the worst hair in history from this place please throw your money in the garbage before you buy hair from here. When I called to complain and email no return calls NONE when i wanted to purchase they called me immediately. Three seperate stylist were absolutely amazed at how awful the hair looked.

gabulldawg

So for the EP hair the relaxed hair is what to buy? IS that the hair that even replicates black women's relaxed hair when wet (i.e., "swelling" or getting frizzy)?

Energee

So for the EP hair the relaxed hair is what to buy? IS that the hair that even replicates black women's relaxed hair when wet (i.e., "swelling" or getting frizzy)?

Go here:
http://extensions-plus.com/RelaxedTexture.html

They sell by the 2oz. Keep in mind that if you are doing a full head of hair you are only going to need about 4oz of hair. I don't think anyone needs 6-8 unless they want to look like 'Divaesque' Chaka Khan or Diana Ross and nothing is wrong with that but it's not for everyday. It's really thick, good hair. You may not even need the full 4 oz but definitely buy 4 so that you can be sure to have enough if you need it. I think my stylist only used 3 on my head. I had my entire perimeter and horseshoe out.

Yes, it does resemble our hair to a 'T' (relaxed 4/ab hair) wet or dry---humidity..everything. Whatever your own hair does..this hair does it. It is my understanding that it is Italian hair. I don't know what process they use on it but it's a perfect match to ours. Also if you are transitioning it is great because you will not have ANY blending issues at all.

starfish

Definitely Extensions Plus. The best hair is their custom hair. I used it last year for my weave. I snipped a piece of my hair in the back (after it had air dried, without any heat), sent it to them, and they matched the color and texture EXACTLY. The relaxed texture didn't match my hair at all...it was too thick and coarse. My relaxed hair is fine and very straight and loooks like yaki weave hair when it's flat ironed.

The custom hair is expensive but it's a perfect match.

Last year the rep said they are developing a new relaxted texture that isn't as thick and coarse, so ask them about that hair too.

Energee

Definitely Extensions Plus. The best hair is their custom hair. I used it last year for my weave. I snipped a piece of my hair in the back (after it had air dried, without any heat), sent it to them, and they matched the color and texture EXACTLY. The relaxed texture didn't match my hair at all...it was too thick and coarse. My relaxed hair is fine and very straight and loooks like yaki weave hair when it's flat ironed.

The custom hair is expensive but it's a perfect match.

Last year the rep said they are developing a new relaxted texture that isn't as thick and coarse, so ask them about that hair too.

That's great info Starfish. I forgot to mention this. Yes, they do custom hair. The Relaxed Texture worked great for me because I was not getting relaxers the entire time I had the weave in (a year). So the blend for me--was dead on. I'd just get my hair taken down every six weeks, have it washed and deep condtioned and have the weave put back in. My hair ended up being 95% natural during that time. At that time I didn't know if I wanted to transition completely after getting the weave out or not. I just kept it in for a year to allow my hair to rest and grow and that's just what happened.
Anyway, after I took it out I ended up relaxing. But yes, I would say, get the custom hair if you have fine hair. If you have thick, coarse true 4a/b relaxed hair and/or you are transitioning the relaxed texture will work great for you.

starfish

Energee I bet your hair was beautiful! Candy 1978, you can't go wrong with EP hair because they offer so many options. You can have them send you samples of hair first and their customer service is excellent. The first time they sent my custom hair I sent it back because it wasn't quite right, and they fixed the problem and sent my hair back in a week. The rep last year said they'd be manufacturing a relaxted texture 'light' for us fine haired ladies.

starfish

Energee I bet your hair was beautiful! Candy 1978, you can't go wrong with EP hair because they offer so many options. You can have them send you samples of hair first and their customer service is excellent. The first time they sent my custom hair I sent it back because it wasn't quite right, and they fixed the problem and sent my hair back in a week. The rep last year said they'd be manufacturing a relaxted texture 'light' for us fine haired ladies.

glamazon386

Ladies who have ordered EP hair about how much did you pay? I'm interested in ordering some myself so I can find hair that matches my texture perfectly. You can PM me if you don't want to post the price in the thread.

Energee

Ladies who have ordered EP hair about how much did you pay? I'm interested in ordering some myself so I can find hair that matches my texture perfectly. You can PM me if you don't want to post the price in the thread.
I posted a link in an earlier post within this thread HTH. Post #17.

Energee

Yes, I loved it Starfish. No one knew I had a weave in. It was amazing. Plus I got it at a good believable length (full shoulder length). I got it at the length I wanted my own hair to be once I took the weave out. Now, my own hair is the exact same length as the weave was --full shoulder length--lol. I started above the ear so that was so exciting for me. No one even noticed a thing. I plan to go through long stretches yearly (12 weeks or more) and I will get it 'weaved up' during those times (I plan to do it once annually) to rest my hair. I will always use EP hair.

***Toy-Pisces***

Yes, I loved it Starfish. No one knew I had a weave in. It was amazing. Plus I got it at a good believable length (full shoulder length). I got it at the length I wanted my own hair to be once I took the weave out. Now, my own hair is the exact same length as the weave was --full shoulder length--lol. I started above the ear so that was so exciting for me. No one even noticed a thing. I plan to go through long stretches yearly (12 weeks or more) and I will get it 'weaved up' during those times (I plan to do it once annually) to rest my hair. I will always use EP hair.

Do you have any pics?

meaganita

That EP hair sounds pretty good. My tried and true favorite is Bohyme hair. It was the first Indian Remy hair extension brand. They remove all the cuticles from the hair shaft and cut all the hairs in the same direction to eliminate tangling. The hair looks natural, moves when you move, easy to style, and will last you at least a year. It's a higher end brand, but well worth it. Prices start at around $79 per bundle. Here's a retailer's link: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Lux...Option=&listType=1&searchOption=5&value1=2000

Another good one is His and Her Hair Goods. They sell hair that doesn't shed or tangle at all. It's called "Cuticle Hair." It's starts at about $179 per bundle. They sell other high quality hair that doesn't cost as much. They even have hair with INVISIBLE WEFTS, so you can't see the tracks. They also have hand-wefted hair. Here's their link: https://www.hisandher.com/

Both brands offer a variety of textures. I have pics of my hair weaves with both brands in my fotki. PM for pw if you'd like to take a look.:)

ETA: HIS AND HER'S IS HAVING A SALE ON SOME OF THEIR CUTICLE HAIR PRODUCTS (Silky Straight & and Natural Perm Straight $129 & up): https://www.hisandher.com/hair_exte..._cuticle_sale/main_001/sub_015/8/details.html

Last edited: