• I was natural

Votes: 138 55.0%
  • Other. Please Explain

Votes: 22 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PearlyCurly

OTHER, Because...

When i was relaxing i would only get a relaxer every 6mths, and my hair was APL AND thick! BUT it would only stay there or even shorter:lachen:

Me being natural now my hair has grown the fastest and thickest..i cut my hair down to 2in in Jan(i was past SL) and my hair is already back to SL now:yep: By Jan(my anniversary) i could be APL:lick:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raspberry

my hair is much longer natural than when i was relaxed.

however, i did abuse heat like crazy back then. i think if i had stumbled across this site first and learned some things, i might have gone for healthier relaxed hair, as opposed to healthy natural hair. i don't regret my choice though! :grin:

This is my story too :yep:

Also, as a loose natural my hair was much longer but I never heat straightened it because NP convinced me that heat was the debbil lol - I have locs now but I wish I could have seen what thick, healthy straightened hair looked like on me.

bludaydreamr

Since about 10, my hair was APLish relaxed as it is now as a natural. I can remember my hair being any longer. Even though I what I'm suppose to for the most part; I'm suprised that I am retaining as much length as I have since my last relaxer in Jan 07.

My hair is currently about tied with the longest it's been and it is natural.

But, unless you've been healthily (is that a word?) natural for a few years, I can't imagine it being longer that someone that was relaxed for many years (taking for granted they took care of their hair).

But I guess that's the core of the discussion, huh?

Carry on.

lovinglength

natural for sure. my hair did ok while relaxed, but it's thicker, stronger, more elastic and has already grown past my longest length achieved while relaxed. I'm natural and plan to stay that way.

STLCoverGirl

My hair is the longest it's been and I'm natural. My hair never grew past bsl relaxed, I had too many issues with over/underprocessing and breakage. To be fair though, I didn't have a clue about taking care of hair when I was relaxed.

ImFree27

My hair was longest natural..because then i startedl liking my hair and started taking care of it better...when i was relaxed i would flat iron it all the time...but i still flat iron my natural hair...but i'm not overprocessing it...because i don't have any chemicals in my hair....Natural Rocks....

Auburn

I haven't surpassed my relaxed length YET but my hair is growing SOOOOO much faster natural. I really think that If I had stayed relaxed, I could have grown my hair longer. Its all in how you CARE for your hair...in ANY state.

moonglowdiva

I'm relaxer texlaxed whatever and I am the longest I've ever been. I don't plan on going natural anytime soon, so its relaxed.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I voted telaxed (full APL) because, I am new at my natural hair (with a twa) and its only been a week, but I am excited with those poll results

naturalmanenyc

So far relaxed, at BSL, but it was not as thick as my natural hair. I was relaxed by age 10 and don't recall my length from back then.

meecee

Both. My hair reached BSL easily relaxed and natural. The key is understanding your hair and protective styling. Once I grasped that I was fine.

nathansgirl1908

My hair was it's longest when I had a wave nouveau. It was MBL. Looking back I can only assume it was because my hair was constantly moisturized.

NappyMD

I voted natural, but my SL wave nouveau was a close second! To be fair, I only recently though about hair growth. When I had a relaxer I got it root to tip every 6 weeks, used curling irons to plump it up, and had a short-hair crazy stylist. Once I was past SL from braids and relaxed it - didn't take long to break off again :nono:

Maybe if I'd had this site things would've been different, but my fine hair is more aesthetically pleasing natural :grin:

jendazzler

When I was growing up in an all white town and knew nothing about relaxers, grease, etc. my hair grew like a weed. Seriously, I cut it all the time just to keep up with it. Sometimes I am tempted to go natural, but I don't have the patience right now to detangle.

tocktick

I've had longer hair as a natural. Iirc, the longest my hair ever got when I was relaxed was SL. My hair has reached APL as a natural and in good time too. I recently cut it back between SL & APL but I think I would be able to reach my goal of WSL as a natural.

silvergirl

relaxed: longest length shoulder

last time i was natural: longest length midback :)

i hope to beat that this time around and get to at least waist length