What's your favorite protein conditioner?

Please vote for your favorite Protein conditioner.

• Total voters

gn1g

tishee said:
Hi ladies,

How are you using AO GPB?

thanks in advance

My hair loved this conditioner as a natural. I would wash my hair and then apply it to my wet hair leave it on for about 10 minutes rinse it off. My hair would come out super soft, shiney, smelling good and healthier.

gn1g

I am not really that impressed with the Joico, Now I am trying to make a decision between the dudley's 28 and the Pentraitt.

morehairplease

gn1g said:
My hair loved this conditioner as a natural. I would wash my hair and then apply it to my wet hair leave it on for about 10 minutes rinse it off. My hair would come out super soft, shiney, smelling good and healthier.

thanks gn1g! I am going to pick up a bottle along with honeysuckle rose conditioner.

kbody4

I voted for Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Recon. It's very gentle on my hair and minimizes breakage :)

HWAY

I like using Aubrey's GPB before washing and BBD Stretch Creme (reaaly a reconstructor). My hair seems to like that combo.

mstasha

I love Aubrey Organics GPB and Aphogee because they leave my hair soooo soft.
My hair really hates protein conditioners and treatments !!!!!!

I have tried the nexxus one and it was ok to.
The avocado and ORS Mayo did nothing, I lost so much hair after using these and my hair was dry and unmanageable. had to rewash with both.

Synthia

My first favorite is Ultra Sheen Duo Tex. It has collagen and leaves my hair bouncy and full of body, in addition to strong.

MY second fav is Mega Tek. The second ingredient is keratin. It makes the hair really strong.

morehairplease

HWAY said:
I like using Aubrey's GPB before washing and BBD Stretch Creme (reaaly a reconstructor). My hair seems to like that combo.

hi HWAY,

do you mind telling me how exactly you use the BBD stretch? Do you use this with heat or without? With either way how long do you let it remain on your hair? After the GPB do you wash w/poo then deep condition with the BBD stretch?

thanks in advance,
tishee

gn1g

Synthia said:
My first favorite is Ultra Sheen Duo Tex. It has collagen and leaves my hair bouncy and full of body, in addition to strong.

MY second fav is Mega Tek. The second ingredient is keratin. It makes the hair really strong.

Duo Tex is all the rave these days. . . sigh I'm on my way to Sallys as soon as the store opens. :2 bottles please: :p

Synthia

gn1g said:
Duo Tex is all the rave these days. . . sigh I'm on my way to Sallys as soon as the store opens. :2 bottles please: :p

Girl, you won't need 2 bottles, that one big 33.8 oz one :eek: will last you a year (especially if you spray instead of pour). :yep:

gn1g

Synthia, I went to 1 sallys and they were sold out, I had her to call two other stores and they were sold out, I ended up going to the Koreans (arrrrgh) and they only had one bottle for 3.99. I was going to get two bottles one for me and one for my sister.

Synthia

Damn. A year ago there was very little hype on this board or anywhere else for Duo Tex (I know because I Googled). Now, the whole world is raiding the shelves. Guess I'd better stock up too. :lol:

CynamonKis

I hear that CaribeanDiva - that DRC 28 is very potent the best protein treatment I have ever used, and darned it IS expensive ($47) but well worth it!

OnceUponATime, thanks for breaking down the diff btwn protein treatments vs. conditioners. When I use DRC-28 I always follow with a conditioner, like Tropical Avocado. Or Elucense conditioner.

TSmith, I am so glad to hear of someone else using Carolyn Gray, I have been using her regiment for years, with my own modifications, following her old book and slowly phasing in the new products from her new book

caribeandiva said:
Dudley's DRC 28 baby!!! it's extremely potent (and expensive) stuff. i love it!!

Last edited:

curlyj

My favorite is a cheapy but goody...Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum....And of course MNT Original(not sure why I ever stopped using this)

adw425

Duo Tex for a harder protein...I've used it for years and it is great.

Cabellina del Caballos mane and tail conditioner...it has keratin and collagen (I think) panthenol and horsetail and is also very moisturizing. I get it at Walmart, but I cannot find it at two of the Wal-marts I used to get it from any longer. The lady at the Kennesaw Wal-mart walked me over to the Mane and Tail and told me it was just like it, but I am a former Mane and Tail user and Cabellina is far superior to Mane and Tail in my opinion and on my hair.

The last couple of weeks on Tuesday evening, I have mixed an egg with Africa's Best Organics mayonnaise for a CO wash and my hair loves it.

czyfaith77

I voted for Aphogee 2 min Keratin Reconstructor Conditioner. But I also like Ultra Sheen Duo Tex. The latter I just follow up with either the Keratin Reconstructor Conditioner (because it moisturizes my hair) or I follow up with Silk Elements Moisturising Conditioner. I recently put my Aphogee for Damaged Hair away in my closet for a while becasue I like Duo Tex. It does the same thing, you just don't go through having to sit under the dryer, let it get hard, the mess, and the smell.

Last edited:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Sebastian Laminates Masque Reconstruction Treatment - I love this product, I'm actually off to buy some more

InnerSoul

my conditioner is not listed, I use Cathy Howse's UBH deep conditioner and I use this as my regular maintenance product. I use it with every wash (2x per week). I love this conditioner and if I am post relaxer then I follow with a rinse out conditioner for slip. I have ORS replenishing pak deep con. but am waiting to use that when I get my ORS no lye relaxer this Friday.

Nanyanika

StrawberryQueen said:
Eggs and mayo! And Den1 your hair is literally blinding. What do you use to get such shine? My eyes watered!
Hi StrawberryQueen, thanks for the compliment, I use olive oil/coconut oil mix and keracare products.