What's your New Year's Eve hair style?

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I'm not sure yet. I haven't thought of a style. Rain is in the forecast for NY, so I might have to wear it up (at least I won't break the boot camp rules.) ;)

So, how are you wearing your hair to ring in the new year?

ETA: I checked the forecast again since Tuesday, and the rain has shifted to Monday night. Now there's more hairstyle options...yay! I'm thinking of something curly.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Good question!

I have a new "like" interest ;) and a mutual friend is throwing an intimate New Year's Eve party that he and I will be attending as a couple.

The first several times he saw me, I had my hair in a bun, and the one time he saw me with my hair down, it wasn't done...it was just hangin' there.

I want to wear it out, but now too over-done... you know what I mean?
:think:
I am thinking of doing some loose pin curls with a jeweled hair ornament or piling it up on top of my head with loose tendrils framing the face...

We'll see.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
january noir said:
:think:
I am thinking of doing some loose pin curls with a jeweled hair ornament or piling it up on top of my head with loose tendrils framing the face...
That sounds so pretty.

New like interest... New hair style ... Nice way to start the new year! ;)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Right now I have 2 options:

#1 medium width curls all over my head with a head band to match my red dress or just hairsprayed so it'll stay put

#2 straightened and flipped out w/ a flat iron all over for a whispy blowaway effect

I have done both with many compliments!

sareca

I'm doing kinky twists for the next 2 months. I got them just before Christmas.

NewYorkgyrl

I am going to wear a bun (using my black donut). Since a lot of my hair is natural now it will not stay straight once I start partying hard. And I plan to dance all night at the soca party I am going to. Put on some nice earings and I'm ready to go!

KiniKakes

victorious said:
I'm not sure yet. I haven't thought of a style. Rain is in the forecast for NY, so I might have to wear it up (at least I won't break the boot camp rules.) ;)

So, how are you wearing your hair to ring in the new year?

Dang, rain??!!! That sucks. :mad:

Anyhoo..... i was toying with getting a blowout. I usually treat myself to a blowout once every three months, and at that time I also take my Progress Pics. So i'll prolly take those pics a few days early.......

Blowouts look sooo good but are just soooo damaging. I cringe as that direct heat is being applied to my hair. :ohwell:

CoCoGirl821

sareca said:
I'm doing kinky twists for the next 2 months. I got them just before Christmas.

Cute!!!:) I love the twist!!! I think I will be wearing a fall. I am in desperate need of a relaxer yet for some strange reason I wont get one. Besides the fact I am a little bit broke. But yeah I will just wear my trusty fall and have a good night.:grin:

sareca

CoCoGirl821 said:
Cute!!!:) I love the twist!!! I think I will be wearing a fall. I am in desperate need of a relaxer yet for some strange reason I wont get one. Besides the fact I am a little bit broke. But yeah I will just wear my trusty fall and have a good night.:grin:

Thanks, they are my favorite style so far.

Last edited:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Cute twists, Sareca! I like the color too.

(You scared me at first with that pic titled Traction Alopecia in your album, but I got what you were saying after reading on...whew!)

sareca

victorious said:
Cute twists, Sareca! I like the color too.

(You scared me at first with that pic titled Traction Alopecia in your album, but I got what you were saying after reading on...whew!)

Thanks. :) Didn't mean to scare ya. Traction alopecia is scary, but I do all I can to avoid it.

Thank you too January noir.

Last edited: